Sponsored

Front License Plate Mounting?

DetroitIrish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick First Edition
Hey Folks,

I moved from Michigan to Massachusetts, and now I have to put a front-facing license plate on my Maverick. Hate to have to drill some holes into the front bumper if I can avoid it. Anybody have any recommendations on the best way to eliminate or at least lessen the damage?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If itā€™s an FX4. There are brackets for the tow hooks.
Ford Maverick Front License Plate Mounting? 576F05FD-21AC-4151-AA89-5E3DC1C9E601

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In California it is mandatory. My dealer put it on before I even seen the truck. I did take it off and put hard rubber washers between the bumper and the plastic license holder. That way it will not rub on bumper except where screws are and also allow hosing off anything caught like dirt between it and the painted front. It was mounted center, and the holder actually has grooves in it for the lower grill so basically can only go so high.

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I installed the front license bracket supplied from Ford myself by drilling only the two bottom holes in the black top portion on the lower grill area and am using small velcro squares to hold the top portion of the bracket.

EDIT: I have attached a copy of the installation instructions.

In the procedure I did step #1 then put the small velcro squares on the back of the bracket over the top two mounting holes then did step #2. I did not do step #3 and in step #4 only did the rivets on the lower two mounting holes.

If Texas ever gets rid of the stupid front license plate law I will remove the bracket and plug the two holes in the black top portion on the lower grill area with a like colored black plug that should blend with the black grill and not really be seen.

Ford Maverick Front License Plate Mounting? 2022 Maverick - Front License Plate Installation Instructions

Last edited:

Wnbasac

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V & firebird T/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In California it is mandatory. My dealer put it on before I even seen the truck. I did take it off and put hard rubber washers between the bumper and the plastic license holder. That way it will not rub on bumper except where screws are and also allow hosing off anything caught like dirt between it and the painted front. It was mounted center, and the holder actually has grooves in it for the lower grill so basically can only go so high.
It is required but the DMV offers a Decal Plate nowā€¦ā€¦ gotta just let the Dealer know

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You would think the install was pretty straight forward and not easy to mess up.... The get ready guys at the dealership accepted the challenge and installed mine upside down.... I flipped it over and it fit just fine.

Ford Maverick Front License Plate Mounting? PXL_20211111_140730636

ColoradoShooter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In CO itā€™s required, but luckily my dealer didnā€™t install the bracket before I took delivery. I still donā€™t have a front plate and it looks awesome without it.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What bracket is this and where did you get it from?
I donā€™t think I still have the brand name around. I think I found them on Amazon, but itā€™s been awhile so Iā€™m not sure.

Iā€™ll search my purchases, but it may not still be there.

Jackkal22

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I donā€™t think I still have the brand name around. I think I found them on Amazon, but itā€™s been awhile so Iā€™m not sure.

Iā€™ll search my purchases, but it may not still be there.
Okay thank you

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick Front License Plate Mounting? 366545E2-8F0C-4355-BFEA-C2F9DD7F520C

Found it.

I used two pieces of the loop side of some Velcro tape I had to keep the metal clamps from being metal on metal on the tow hook.

Hope this works for you. šŸ˜Š
Sponsored