Sponsored

FORScan for Maverick? Any users, thoughts? Tips/tricks?

JTCC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Juno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid and 12 motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've used it for some exceedingly stupid projects, mostly SYNC 2-3 upgrades on my Fusion/Explorer, and playing around with "hidden" IPC features. And that one time I half-assed an MKZ cluster swap into my Fusion because I was bored, saw a cluster for sale, and had no impulse control.

Ford Maverick FORScan for Maverick?  Any users, thoughts?  Tips/tricks? WP_20180226_14_37_18_Pro

Last I heard when I left the 2G Fusions group, they were getting close to working out an adaptive cruise retrofit. There's also the above cluster swap (done properly), OEM heated wheel/seat installs, EU lamp assembly swaps, and a bunch of other configuration-based goodness, so it's got potential for sure.

Fun fact: You can pull the as-built for the preproduction Mavericks from the Motorcraft website. I pulled a few to try and compare trims and engines.
Sponsored

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On some other Ford models its possible to disable in Forscan until someone takes delivery we wont know for sure if the Maverick will have the option.
It works turning it off on the Bronco Sport.

OP
OP
ReddWulf

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looking forward to you wizard pioneers to explore this and tell me what cool stuff I can do without bricking my truck like my Nexus 6 phone. RIP.

Sponsored

JTCC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Juno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid and 12 motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looking forward to you wizard pioneers to explore this and tell me what cool stuff I can do without bricking my truck like my Nexus 6 phone. RIP.
But...bricking is half the fun!

Actually, not really. Usually it just throws configuration errors and reverts to a default program.

ledger9427

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corolla, 2022 Maverick XLT EB
I will definitely be checking out Forscan when I get my Mav.. I heard rumors about being able to add/replace drive modes, hopefully I can put Eco and Sport on my FX4. Haven't looked into it much yet tho.

OP
OP
ReddWulf

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will definitely be checking out Forscan when I get my Mav.. I heard rumors about being able to add/replace drive modes, hopefully I can put Eco and Sport on my FX4. Haven't looked into it much yet tho.
Same here. I have no real desire for Eco, but I would like to swap out the Tow/Haul Mode for Sport Mode. But I'm okay using the Tow/Haul Mode as a pseudo-Sport Mode too if not. That's what I do in my Silverado. 😁

MimiE

First Name
Mitzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Ohhhhh...that would be great. I'd be interested in that!

MimiE

First Name
Mitzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
I don’t like it, but I’m guessing it’sa nerdy play on the FORTRAN programming language.

ironically it needs the ‘D’... to make all the difference. lol
I feel pretty stupid...it took me reading that three times to get it..haha..

Sponsored

Fiveflat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-250 Super Duty
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Forscan is actually really cool with tons of clever things for the Super Duty. I bought my 2018 used and had a dented rear bumper. I bought a replacement bumper that included the backup sensors. I was able to turn that feature on with Forscan for instance.

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is abutton in the mavericks to turn off auto start stop unfortunately you have to press it everything you start the truck but it is right below you shoft know so not a big deal. Tow/haul doesn't work like sport on the mavericks. Drove a 2.0eb the other day that had it then put my FX4 in tow haul to compare and not even close in my opinion.

Pizzacat_69420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Supercab (StupidCab_TM) 2.7T
You can use the list of valid vins to download and compare .ab files and help narrow down what items control what vs what you have installed.

EMD_Driver

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-350 DRW 6.7 / 2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I got an adapter in the mail yesterday and tried it out on my F-350. Not knowing a lot about it, I played it safe and only changed things I was already somewhat familiar with. It worked like a charm!

I will have to do more learning on it, but excited to see what can be done on the Maverick.

Deymious

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Impreza
has anyone done anything interesting with it on their mavs?
Sponsored