Sponsored

TorquePro what are your thoughts on this experienced users.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have torqe lite its a pretty standard OBD reader. The lite version is more oriented toward performance stats rather than reading OBD codes for diagnosis. Forscan is better for that anyway.
Wasn't impressed enough to pay for the pro version since I also have forscan but for five bucks it looks pretty good,

No idea about hat obd dongle you posted. I thought they were all the same but I don't know a lot about them.

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have used it, worked well, it is more complicated then the old simple obd2 readers.

But because of the complexity I still have my old obd2 reader. I use the old one first then if that does not find my problem I use torque.

One time I had a bad o2 sensor but the car did not give me a bad o2 sensor error. But using torque I could graph all 4 o2 sensors on a v6 and see that one o2 was doing odd stuff. so I replaced that one 02 sensor and everything was good again.

OP
OP
Nitroponynj

Nitroponynj

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 Mustang GT 95 mustang Cobra 2016 Silverado
  • Banned
I have torqe lite its a pretty standard OBD reader. The lite version is more oriented toward performance stats rather than reading OBD codes for diagnosis. Forscan is better for that anyway.
Wasn't impressed enough to pay for the pro version since I also have forscan but for five bucks it looks pretty good,

No idea about hat obd dongle you posted. I thought they were all the same but I don't know a lot about them.
I'm going to look into forscan I don't know anything about it but I'm going to find out a lot more about it

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Look up something called scangauge. I'm considering it. You dont need a computer or smart phone.

scangauge.com

Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ps on here why do some people have XLT under their names and some don't?

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a scangauge II now obsolete but same technology. Was great. Could read almost any data the car had. No data recording though other than DTC's (diagnostic trouble codes). All data was live. The older unit let you display any 4 gauges simultaneously. The new version gives 9.

I want to show actual engine temp and eCVT temp and electric motor temp as I plan to tow a lot with my hybrid.

I towed with my Hybrid Escape and the scangauge II always gave me confidence everything was OK.

Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Here is a shot of the ScanGaugeII model.

Works for "general" data. The hybrid specific data addresses from the Gen I Escape Hybrid did not work (battery and transmission temperature for example) but those addresses are out there somewhere.
Ford Maverick TorquePro what are your thoughts on this experienced users. BB421F2D-BED6-48BE-9263-BD73A07662A4

RPM
Engine Load - notice load can be high at the same time power output is low if it is charging
Horsepower
Degrees F water temp

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm going to look into forscan I don't know anything about it but I'm going to find out a lot more about it
They have both a full blown diagnostic suite for PC and apps for android and IOS. The apps are cheaper but not anywhere near as capable. The apps allow you to read/reset codes and run tests like a simple obd scanner. The suite allows you to access and edit settings for, well, everything. AFAIK it's equivalent to a professional grade scanning tool.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here is a shot of the ScanGaugeII model.

Works for "general" data. The hybrid specific data addresses from the Gen I Escape Hybrid did not work (battery and transmission temperature for example) but those addresses are out there somewhere.
BB421F2D-BED6-48BE-9263-BD73A07662A4.jpeg

RPM
Engine Load - notice load can be high at the same time power output is low if it is charging
Horsepower
Degrees F water temp
I had one of those but it broke. It was a nice unit for it's time - 10 years ago. They also raised the price. They aren't worth what they are charging. It's a nice unit for what it is and does, but it's badly in need of a major update.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

They have a major update. I was just showing the 10 year old one I already had. I had model II. Now they have model III. See below.

Ford Maverick TorquePro what are your thoughts on this experienced users. D4F2516C-1773-4CC0-A2AB-BE98FDF67FB6

Ford Maverick TorquePro what are your thoughts on this experienced users. BC0D7246-0CE2-47F4-B719-33055E1CE2DE

Ford Maverick TorquePro what are your thoughts on this experienced users. 0085E508-E6A8-424F-A578-C3CE2F110066
Sponsored