First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In preparation for purchasing my truck I found Ford's military discount info confusing. Now that confusion could very well lie with me and not Ford. I have no idea so I just moved on. Hell, right now I am pleased as punch skanking a free battery out of them. :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most vets that say "they don't owe us anything" don't know the details and if they did, they would be a bit more pissed off.

The discount/rebate is basically only for active duty, not vets/retired. Ford knew what they were doing when they created the terms of that rebate. There are many more veterans in the market for a new car than there are 18-19 year old active duty military kids that likely are still driving their first car or a motorcycle so it's their way of "looking like they care" on paper, but they don't truly care.

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Most vets that say "they don't owe us anything" don't know the details and if they did, they would be a bit more pissed off.
I think you're assuming way too much. We understand the terms just fine; we just don't consider it something owed to us, so being excluded from the terms just isn't an issue.

I'm Vietnam-era Navy and got to come home in one piece, save some hearing loss from the ships guns. I also got to experience the public abuse when we were in uniform. None of that matters now. I'm glad to see current service members receiving the respect we never got.

My service provided me with many great memories and adventures that I would never have had otherwise. It set me on a path that has paid me back many times over due to the training I received and the discipline I learned. I don't need anything more.

Maybe I'd feel differently if I'd been disabled in some way as a result of service beyond just losing half of my hearing range. And maybe I'd feel that strongly about a $500 discount if I was trying to live on a disability pension. So I respect how those of you carrying service-related disabilities may feel differently. I hope you get the $500 from Ford or the dealer.

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think you're assuming way too much. We understand the terms just fine; we just don't consider it something owed to us, so being excluded from the terms just isn't an issue.

I'm Vietnam-era Navy and got to come home in one piece, save some hearing loss from the ships guns. I also got to experience the public abuse when we were in uniform. None of that matters now. I'm glad to see current service members receiving the respect we never got.

My service provided me with many great memories and adventures that I would never have had otherwise. It set me on a path that has paid me back many times over due to the training I received and the discipline I learned. I don't need anything more.

Maybe I'd feel differently if I'd been disabled in some way as a result of service beyond just losing half of my hearing range. And maybe I'd feel that strongly about a $500 discount if I was trying to live on a disability pension. So I respect how those of you carrying service-related disabilities may feel differently. I hope you get the $500 from Ford or the dealer.
Nobody's saying they demand every organization to provide them with a military discount, it's just the selectivity aspect of FORD's military discount which is sleazy (Toyota's too but that's for another day). They are better off not having a military discount at all if their current one is specifically designed to EXCLUDE most military affiliated people whom are realistically in the market to buy a brand new car and in a position to afford one. It's a bad look for the company.

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They are better off not having a military discount at all if their current one is specifically designed to EXCLUDE most military affiliated people whom are realistically in the market to buy a brand new car and in a position to afford one.
Sorry, but I don't see a problem with not qualifying for a discount based on service 50 years ago. I'm perfectly OK with recent veterans getting one that I don't.

Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for your service.
Since I assume you disability kept you from continuing your active/reserve service at least at 100% you collect $2500.00 non taxable dollars.
But yes since you could not stay in you should IMO be eligible.

Baloo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4 Lux Ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks for serving. I am not a vet, but family is, I work in public safety. Another poster is correct DAV does have XPlan. I got the public safety, 500 rebate, no issue. My dad who was a Vietnam 101st Vet 100% disabled after numerous tours used the DAV XPlan on his Fords.

40caliber

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
forty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I worked on an armored truck. One of the guys was shot in the head and neck with a 38 at a wells fargo. He survived somehow but obviously a ruined life. Should Ford should offer him a discount?

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am wondering if any Veterans of the Armed Forces who have 100 percent Service Connected Disability have been turned down for the 500.00 credit buying a new Ford.
I have 100 percent honorable service connected rating from years ago and could not qualify for the discount. One problem is that ID Me only has choices when verifying for retired but not disabled via medical. Board. However when researching further Ford only gives the discount to veterans with less than 2 years out (regardless of honorable or general) or retired or active duty. but all other vets are ineligible. Think how insulting that is for someone who gets hurt then discharged with a rating and some guy who spent 20 years sitting at a desk at some Fort or post at a desk can get the discount but the guy hurt in line of duty cannot.......
Wrote 2 Letters to Ford and they confirmed their policy did not include all veterans / disabled veterans with more than 2 years from active duty,
yet a retired military or less than 2 years from separation do qualify. Even my local Ford dealer says this is an insult and they note that most other Brands do offer a discount to all honorably discharged veterans.
Ford doesn't seem to get it. They certainly don't appreciate the sacrifice many veterans have made. They are not the USA focused company they pretend to be.
Thinking about cancelling my order. MM
Well, I respect your time sir! Wish I could do more! I agree, Ford should adjust the terms. Seems too restrictive.

Last edited:

boe757

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150, camry,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
the other question is Do Vietnamese Vietnam veterans in Vietnam qualify for a discount?
at Ford manufacturing

Ford Manufacture
Hai Duong,
Vietnam

Employment
Approximate current total employees: 1,250

Production History
Current products: Transit, Ranger, Territory
Year opened: 1995
Site size in acres: 74

Last edited:
Sponsored

Snox801

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150,Rs,gt500,rx8
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am wondering if any Veterans of the Armed Forces who have 100 percent Service Connected Disability have been turned down for the 500.00 credit buying a new Ford.
I have 100 percent honorable service connected rating from years ago and could not qualify for the discount. One problem is that ID Me only has choices when verifying for retired but not disabled via medical. Board. However when researching further Ford only gives the discount to veterans with less than 2 years out (regardless of honorable or general) or retired or active duty. but all other vets are ineligible. Think how insulting that is for someone who gets hurt then discharged with a rating and some guy who spent 20 years sitting at a desk at some Fort or post at a desk can get the discount but the guy hurt in line of duty cannot.......
Wrote 2 Letters to Ford and they confirmed their policy did not include all veterans / disabled veterans with more than 2 years from active duty,
yet a retired military or less than 2 years from separation do qualify. Even my local Ford dealer says this is an insult and they note that most other Brands do offer a discount to all honorably discharged veterans.
Ford doesn't seem to get it. They certainly don't appreciate the sacrifice many veterans have made. They are not the USA focused company they pretend to be.
First thanks for your service. Saying that I don’t take it as disrespectful. Yes I have tremendous respect for you guys that have a lot. But it’s also disrespectful to say that other vets deserve less. My brother was a Nuke for the navy. Never injured or saw combat. But he also was away from the family and friend for no less than 6 years in that program.
All gave some some gave all. Be proud and move on. Does it suck and do I think ford should give that yes 100 percent but disrespectful nope.

BirdDog

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford owns the Military Appreciation Discount program and it's a reflection on them on how it's administered.

I have not served in our military, but I do appreciate businesses that honor our veterans. We as a society, including American businesses should help with discounts to our vets (disabled or not) for giving to this country.

mcluvin

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you are old enough, your state may offer free college classes for senior citizens, then you qualify for the $750 rebate. That's an even better discount! Or do X-Plan via Mustang Club for $20, or maybe Farm Bureau. There's real easy ways to get that discount or better.

It is kinda screwy that Ford makes it so easy to get an equivalent discount or better, that I really don't understand why they don't blanket offer it to all vets. That said, as a vet, I appreciate discounts, but I do not expect or demand them.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Gotta be honest, as a disabled veteran it's sad that you choose to make judgements on retired vets and what they have done in their careers. Ford's program is what it is, accept it and move on or buy another brand.
Sponsored