Military Appreciation Program / Traditional Reservist

jjones252

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
I just reviewed the eligibility requirements for Ford's Military Appreciation Program. Honestly, I was shocked to learn that only veterans within two (2) years from separating are eligible. I am traditional reservist now, and for some reason, Ford excludes traditional reservists. Kind of a shitty military discount program, if you ask me.
Sponsored

johnpoiema

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru Forester
Most car companies are similar. I was Active Duty and then National Guard a few more than 2 years ago.

Abraxis

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra, forester, ranger, crx
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

With subaru, all you need is a DD214, no time limitation. At least, that was our experience several years ago.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just reviewed the eligibility requirements for Ford's Military Appreciation Program. Honestly, I was shocked to learn that only veterans within two (2) years from separating are eligible. I am traditional reservist now, and for some reason, Ford excludes traditional reservists. Kind of a shitty military discount program, if you ask me.
I used my ID.me account that I have to verify my military service (26 years) with Ford and received a $500 certificate that I will use on my Maverick purchase. I've been out since 11/2007, so the 2 year after service rule isn't correct. You might want to try that route and see if you have any joy.

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I used my ID.me account that I have to verify my military service (26 years) with Ford and received a $500 certificate that I will use on my Maverick purchase. I've been out since 11/2007, so the 2 year after service rule isn't correct. You might want to try that route and see if you have any joy.
I didn't qualify as a veteran, I septated in 2008. Sounds like your retired, so that's probably the difference.

This did lead me to veterans advantage, which gives x-plan pricing, so that is even better. Does anyone know if you need to wait to get the pin? I understand the mustang club requires 3 months.

https://members.veteransadvantage.c...re-eligible-exclusive-x-plan-pricing-new-ford

Edit: looks like you need a $65 annual plan, so it's probably worth it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Charles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
agree

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't qualify as a veteran, I septated in 2008. Sounds like your retired, so that's probably the difference.

This did lead me to veterans advantage, which gives x-plan pricing, so that is even better. Does anyone know if you need to wait to get the pin? I understand the mustang club requires 3 months.

https://members.veteransadvantage.c...re-eligible-exclusive-x-plan-pricing-new-ford

Edit: looks like you need a $65 annual plan, so it's probably worth it.
This Veterans Advantage looks like a great plan, especially when it come to buy a Maverick, or any other Ford vehicle! Thanks for posting about it!

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Sadly the devil is always in the details. I agree it's a shitty military program that doesn't include all of our brave military folks be it active, reserves, or retired. It's a lot like the "First responders" discount. No retirees should apply, so that leaves me out.

Thank you for your service to our great country Joshua.

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
This Veterans Advantage looks like a great plan, especially when it come to buy a Maverick, or any other Ford vehicle! Thanks for posting about it!
Yep, I've asked my dealer if they will honor it, I might be placing a new order if not. Is x plan pricing just invoice?

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Yep, I've asked my dealer if they will honor it, I might be placing a new order if not. Is x plan pricing just invoice?
Researched it, it's invoice plus 4%

Sponsored

L3fty

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Enclave
I totally forgot about x-plan through veterans advantage. Thanks for reminding me! That said, I apparently turned off my auto renew and let my membership lapse. Oops 😳

I was able to restart / start a new membership (I'm not sure if they issued me a new member number or my old one) and immediately get an x-plan PIN.

In the PIN email it does say to provide proof of 90 days membership at the time of purchase. I suppose I'll have to see if my lapse in membership makes my PIN no good if my truck arrives in under 90 days.

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I totally forgot about x-plan through veterans advantage. Thanks for reminding me! That said, I apparently turned off my auto renew and let my membership lapse. Oops 😳

I was able to restart / start a new membership (I'm not sure if they issued me a new member number or my old one) and immediately get an x-plan PIN.

In the PIN email it does say to provide proof of 90 days membership at the time of purchase. I suppose I'll have to see if my lapse in membership makes my PIN no good if my truck arrives in under 90 days.
Since you are buying a year subscription, and your veteran status is confirmed, maybe the three month thing isn't important here?

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since you are buying a year subscription, and your veteran status is confirmed, maybe the three month thing isn't important here?
I hope they can waive the 3 month waiting because I just signed up for Vet Advantage too. Looks like a great program in a lot of different ways!

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Interesting info about the Veterans Advantage. I qualify for the Military discount ($500 I think) but this Vet Advantage appears to be a better discount. I signed up. Now I'll see what happens. THANKS for the info.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok so I went through the Ford X-plan build and it looks like I can save about $275 using the plan, opposed to just straight up buying outright. Does sound about right for an X-plan? I was expecting a lot more in saving using the plan. If I understand it correctly the invoice price is what the Dealer wants to sell the vehicle at, a price that includes all the dealer added stuff, but doesn't include the final tax, title and document fee? So if my dealer is selling me my Maverick at MSRP plus tax, title and document fees, how beneficial would the X-plan actual be? I will take all the savings I can get! Thanks in advance for any knowledge provided.
Sponsored

Last edited: