2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all.

Long Story Short, I have an order in New York, but military stationed me in Colorado. I am active duty.

Dealer in NY and CO near me are both agreeing to dealer transfer.

NY dealer is telling me to go to Ford. I spoke to 5 agents. 2 said they can do it, 2 says they can't, one said they don't know.

Since they are so reliable I was wondering if there is anything I can do in my end to initiate the process?
Both dealers say it can be done, I just have to do it through FoMoCo.

Does anyone have a number that is NOT ford customer service that I can call regarding this?

Please, anything helps.
Sponsored

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Can either one of you @KevCuRaoi @fordvideoguy provide some dealership insight on how to get this processed for this soldier?

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your order is with one dealer and is not transferrable. The dealer network and federal and state laws mean that Ford doesn't have any say or control in a transfer, either.

I would arrange with both dealers to have the Maverick delivery arranged to your new station, and/or may have to have the NY dealer ship it to CO. Good luck with it! (And hope your new gig is good, I'm active Army since 2000...)

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your order is with one dealer and is not transferrable. The dealer network and federal and state laws mean that Ford doesn't have any say or control in a transfer, either.

I would arrange with both dealers to have the Maverick delivery arranged to your new station, and/or may have to have the NY dealer ship it to CO. Good luck with it! (And hope your new gig is good, I'm active Army since 2000...)
Exactly. The way it actually works is that the dealer has an order to buy the vehicle from the factory, and then they plan to sell it to you. The dealer is a 3rd party middleman between you and Ford. It's their order with the factory, not yours to transfer to another dealer.

The simplest solution, then, is for the NY dealer to arrange a Courtesy Delivery to the CO dealer. This is only an option if your vehicle hasn't been scheduled for production yet with a VIN assigned. If it's even possible after that point, it'll be a lot more difficult. What a courtesy delivery means is that the factory will ship the vehicle directly to the CO dealer, covered under the destination charge on your window sticker. It'll never go to NY. There won't be any additional shipping fee. It does require both dealers to agree to do this. CO dealer may or may not want to charge a few hundred dollars as a fee for this service.

You'll need to work with both dealers to arrange this. Paperwork will require you to send docs back to the NY dealer. CO dealer may be involved in title and plate registration, the two can work out those details.

@bioned, I see you alreaedy posted in this other thread where this same thing was discussed...

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...king-me-move-early-what-are-my-options.25333/

Ford702

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 XLT PowerBoost, 2022 Bronco Big Bend
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has your order scheduled yet? Or is it still waiting?

Sponsored

2023maverickhopeful

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Buy it from NY dealer and have it shipped to Colorado once it is built.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
not yet scheduled
If it is unscheduled, your ordering dealer should be able to put drop ship code for the courtesy delivery dealer in WBDO easy enough.

@jsus gave you good advice.

It will be simplest if your dealer chance change it to ship to a dealer closer to you. You'll still need to deal with your ordering dealer to buy the Maverick. You'll have to dealer w/ the courtesy delivery dealer for the pickup. They will prep the vehicle, and will probably charge a small fee.

Ford702

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
not yet scheduled
Then like Kev mentioned you have the best option available. If you've found a dealer in Colorado that will do a courtesy delivery all you have to do is get their drop ship code, give it to your ordering dealer and they can put it in the ship to box of your order and Ford will deliver it straight to that dealer. Your paperwork is still done with the original dealer so you might have to FedEx is back and forth but once it's done you just arrange a time to pick it up from the new dealer. The couple hundred bucks it'll cost for the courtesy delivery is much cheaper than using a transporter across the country. Hope this helps.
Ford Maverick Military Relocation, Dealer Transfer? 1672864527448

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Then like Kev mentioned you have the best option available. If you've found a dealer in Colorado that will do a courtesy delivery all you have to do is get their drop ship code, give it to your ordering dealer and they can put it in the ship to box of your order and Ford will deliver it straight to that dealer. Your paperwork is still done with the original dealer so you might have to FedEx is back and forth but once it's done you just arrange a time to pick it up from the new dealer. The couple hundred bucks it'll cost for the courtesy delivery is much cheaper than using a transporter across the country. Hope this helps.
1672864527448.png
Do we have another helpful dealership person on our forum? Looks that way to me!! 😁 Thank you for chiming in

Last edited:
Sponsored
OP
OP

bioned

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1672864527448.png
Oh my god, this helps a ton. Ill tried asking the colorado dealer, and they told me that the courtesy delivery manager would have to speak to new york dealer directly, and i dont know how much itd cost really, I'm afraid to schedule only to see it come down to thousands of dollars

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Oh my god, this helps a ton. Ill tried asking the colorado dealer, and they told me that the courtesy delivery manager would have to speak to new york dealer directly, and i dont know how much itd cost really, I'm afraid to schedule only to see it come down to thousands of dollars
I’ve seen other people post that they had set up a courtesy delivery and it ranged from $200-$500. Seems like they spoke with the Fleet Manager to negotiate the price. Sounds like both dealerships are willing, so see if you can get them to commit to the fee in writing and see if you can get their drop ship code to pass onto the ordering dealership. It’s definitely doable. Good luck!

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Hi all.

Long Story Short, I have an order in New York, but military stationed me in Colorado. I am active duty.

Dealer in NY and CO near me are both agreeing to dealer transfer.

NY dealer is telling me to go to Ford. I spoke to 5 agents. 2 said they can do it, 2 says they can't, one said they don't know.

Since they are so reliable I was wondering if there is anything I can do in my end to initiate the process?
Both dealers say it can be done, I just have to do it through FoMoCo.

Does anyone have a number that is NOT ford customer service that I can call regarding this?

Please, anything helps.
Order is not transferable but the order dealer can add the CO dealer as the drop ship so your vehicle would be shipped from Mexico to the CO dealer. You would need to do final paperwork with the NY dealer which is easy to do via docusign.

Ford702

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If they try to charge you more than a few hundred bucks seek another dealer. I've done quite a few, we charge between $250 and $350 depending on the vehicle. Pays for my techs time to do the PDI, wash it, detail it, fill up the tank and spend some time with one of my delivery team people to get you familiar with the new car and it's features.
Sponsored