Sponsored

FordPass points

Surly Old Bill

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
bill
Joined
Apr 30, 2025
Threads
12
Messages
984
Reaction score
1,482
Location
Richmond, CA
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, when I bought my Maverick, I was given 1560 points. That's not enough for anything, obviously. I assumed that this point scheme was to get people to buy junk to get more points. Now, someone told me I should have been "awarded" 30,000 or more points (XL with just a hitch as the only option). Not 1500 points.

So, did the dealership screw me over somehow, or was there some sort glitch because I bought it during the "employee pricing" thing in 2025?

I got an email saying my points are expiring, which reminded me to ask about this.
Sponsored

 

Aleks

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Aleks
Joined
Apr 30, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
349
Reaction score
788
Location
West Coast
Vehicle(s)
2025 Maverick AWD Hybrid - Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, when I bought my Maverick, I was given 1560 points. That's not enough for anything, obviously. I assumed that this point scheme was to get people to buy junk to get more points. Now, someone told me I should have been "awarded" 30,000 or more points (XL with just a hitch as the only option). Not 1500 points.

So, did the dealership screw me over somehow, or was there some sort glitch because I bought it during the "employee pricing" thing in 2025?

I got an email saying my points are expiring, which reminded me to ask about this.
I bought mine during the employee pricing in may of last year and got 31K points. There was something the dealer had to do on their side to have it applied to my Ford account.
 

Blue_Max

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Jul 31, 2024
Threads
14
Messages
1,984
Reaction score
4,888
Location
Orlando, FL
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT AWD, 2001 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, 1995 Mustang GTS
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, when I bought my Maverick, I was given 1560 points. That's not enough for anything, obviously. I assumed that this point scheme was to get people to buy junk to get more points. Now, someone told me I should have been "awarded" 30,000 or more points (XL with just a hitch as the only option). Not 1500 points.

So, did the dealership screw me over somehow, or was there some sort glitch because I bought it during the "employee pricing" thing in 2025?

I got an email saying my points are expiring, which reminded me to ask about this.
If you bought new, you should have gotten way more points than that.
 

Blue_Max

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Jul 31, 2024
Threads
14
Messages
1,984
Reaction score
4,888
Location
Orlando, FL
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT AWD, 2001 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, 1995 Mustang GTS
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
By the way, mine didn't get rewarded automatically, either. I can't remember how long I waited, but eventually I looked in the app and there was something like "Find missing points." I had to enter info, and I can't remember if I had to get back with the dealer, but the points showed up quickly after that.
If you're going back several years, though, it will probably be tricky to have them restored.
 

Sponsored

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Terry
Joined
Apr 27, 2021
Threads
113
Messages
4,712
Reaction score
9,122
Location
West Chicago, IL
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
So, when I bought my Maverick, I was given 1560 points. That's not enough for anything, obviously. I assumed that this point scheme was to get people to buy junk to get more points. Now, someone told me I should have been "awarded" 30,000 or more points (XL with just a hitch as the only option). Not 1500 points.

So, did the dealership screw me over somehow, or was there some sort glitch because I bought it during the "employee pricing" thing in 2025?

I got an email saying my points are expiring, which reminded me to ask about this.
https://www.ford.com/support/fordpass/fordpass-rewards/rewards-history/points-assist

Ford Maverick FordPass points Screenshot 2026-09-03 083936


HRG
 

TKranbuhl

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Tim
Joined
Dec 24, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
220
Reaction score
235
Location
45013
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought a new Maverick Lobo back in July. Dealer Goodwill Points Issued 43,600.
 
OP
OP

Surly Old Bill

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
bill
Joined
Apr 30, 2025
Threads
12
Messages
984
Reaction score
1,482
Location
Richmond, CA
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
By the way, mine didn't get rewarded automatically, either. I can't remember how long I waited, but eventually I looked in the app and there was something like "Find missing points." I had to enter info, and I can't remember if I had to get back with the dealer, but the points showed up quickly after that.
If you're going back several years, though, it will probably be tricky to have them restored.
The dealership was/is one of those scammy ones, but at the time it didn't matter because it was "employee pricing" so the same everywhere. They did try to con me out of $500 for "window etching" that they didn't do, but got refunded for that when I confronted them. I expect zero help from the dealer.

It's a small amount, but something is better than nothing. I could use the points to get an overpriced part or something at Ford, but thinking about that, I'd rather not have to deal with a dealership for anything if possible. Which also negates the idea of getting a keypad installed with the points if I was able to recover them.
 

Blue_Max

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Jul 31, 2024
Threads
14
Messages
1,984
Reaction score
4,888
Location
Orlando, FL
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT AWD, 2001 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, 1995 Mustang GTS
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The dealership was/is one of those scammy ones, but at the time it didn't matter because it was "employee pricing" so the same everywhere. They did try to con me out of $500 for "window etching" that they didn't do, but got refunded for that when I confronted them. I expect zero help from the dealer.

It's a small amount, but something is better than nothing. I could use the points to get an overpriced part or something at Ford, but thinking about that, I'd rather not have to deal with a dealership for anything if possible. Which also negates the idea of getting a keypad installed with the points if I was able to recover them.
The points you should've gotten were worth around $200. It's worth working it through the app and Ford. There should still be a record of the sale, and obviously Ford can verify that you never had the points.
 
Sponsored

Retro1

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Jon
Joined
Aug 21, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
65
Reaction score
112
Location
Inverness, FL
Vehicle(s)
2026 Maverick hybrid; 2023 RAV4 hybrid; 1970 Cougar 351C
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Paid $31K; got 31,000 points. Almost paid for rubber floor mats - August 2026. (Thanks BossmanB for making me see my error)
 
Last edited:

Finnster

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Jul 8, 2022
Threads
59
Messages
772
Reaction score
734
Location
N. E. Wisconsin
Vehicle(s)
Chevy, Kia, and a 2025 Maverick Hybrid 4K Tow
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@OP, You could use the points to buy filters and fluids for the Maverick!
 

Maverick Teacher

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Mar 18, 2025
Threads
18
Messages
98
Reaction score
292
Location
Boise
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got tired of waiting for the new car purchase points to appear so I called them and evidently, it was me moving (two different addresses) that had messed it up. I think I got 15K points and that completely paid for my first full synthetic oil change.
Bottom line: You should have gotten at least 15K points.
 

BossmanB

2.5L Hybrid
Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
6
Reaction score
2
Location
Greenville, SC
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid w/ Luxury Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bought in April this year. Sales price was about $34,000 +/-. 31,000 points issued. Value $155.00.
 

jkennedy293

2.0L EcoBoost
Active member
First Name
Jeff
Joined
Jul 18, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
36
Reaction score
116
Location
NC
Vehicle(s)
2025 Maverick Lobo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
I had to call Ford App support because my dealer applied my purchase points to a different account even though they had, and confirmed, my Member ID.

I wonder if you had something similar happen. Some dealership employees don't have scruples.
Sponsored

 
 







Top