J_Garn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not sure what leads me to believe this, but that rendering just feels the most accurate of any else I've seen. And if that's so, this will be the first new car I ever buy. I love it. I like that the rear door trim almost gives them impression of the bed not being a unibody.

Sponsored

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Post up any Ford Maverick renderings, CGIs and photoshops here!

2022-ford-maverick-unibody-pickup-truck-rendered-with-all-new-bronco-grille-143300_1.jpg
2022-ford-maverick-unibody-pickup-truck-rendered-with-all-new-bronco-grille_2.jpg
That's a Sports Trac with the Bronco Sport front end glued on the front and the leaked Maverick tailgate glued on the back! I'm not kidding, it IS the Sport Trac (a product Ford should have never cancelled!)

Reactions: Doc

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
I'm sold if it looks like the white render posted by Car and Driver, holding personal interior quality and option packaging criteria as conditional.

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
That’s a pretty good rendering. I think the sheet metal bulges out a bit more at the wheels from looking at the sheet metal spy shots a month or two ago, but it is just a rendering. I also feel there is still some sort of trim piece missing around the main section of the grille, noticeably at the bottom where it meets the bumper cover.

I like what I see so far. The artist did a good job from what he had available to use as a base.

I am still curious about rear suspension. Will the AWD also retain the twist-beam or will Ford implement two separate rear suspensions depending if FWD or AWD equipped? I would prefer the rear multi-link with the AWD configuration such as Escape and Bronco Sport variants of the C2 platform.

Sponsored

Solo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Ford Escape, '24 Maverick XLT Hybrid (sched)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Although very interesting, these all confirm to me that Ford hit the nail on the head with the current styling and packaging of the Maverick. It is its own design (slightly resembling the F-150) with timeless styling and great utility. I do sincerely hope mine gets built. It will be a darn near perfect replacement for my current vehicle.

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Although very interesting, these all confirm to me that Ford hit the nail on the head with the current styling and packaging of the Maverick. It is its own design (slightly resembling the F-150) with timeless styling and great utility. I do sincerely hope mine gets built. It will be a darn near perfect replacement for my current vehicle.
Agreed; I think the real product looks much better than any of those renderings. I also like that there's a bit of the bronco in the way the front fender/grills is squared off, but I like that the Mav has it's own front end look.

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 370Z, Honda Civic, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agreed; I think the real product looks much better than any of those renderings. I also like that there's a bit of the bronco in the way the front fender/grills is squared off, but I like that the Mav has it's own front end look.
Also agree, with more being seen around town where I live now, I get a chance to look at my maverick from a different perspective when I’m out and about and while I know a minority of people for some reason think it’s an “ugly truck”, I have personally found it to be visually appealing, especially looking at it from the front.
Sponsored