Sponsored

Ford Maverick will be my first pickup truck

Phil37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Golf Sportwagen, 2012 VW Routan
I got to say that Ford really hit a grand slam with the Ford Maverick! I'm 50 yrs old and never in my life have I considered a pick up truck until the Maverick. I've been driving mostly manual European wagons for the past 25 years. I was in the market for something somewhat compact that seats 5, gets decent fuel economy, automatic, preferably with awd in the $20,000-$27,000 range. There really isn't much in that range. Finding a great deal on a VW Tiguan is on the expensive side of that range. Then I came across the 2022 Maverick. Wow $19,995 MSRP for the hybrid fwd that gets 40 mpg city. I'm going for the XL Supercrew 2.0 ecoboost (color =area 51 ) with awd, 4k lb tow package, spray in bed liner, bed lighting, mud flaps, emergency road kit, first aid kit. All that comes in below $26,500 MSRP. What a bargain!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
I got to say that Ford really hit a grand slam with the Ford Maverick! I'm 50 yrs old and never in my life have I considered a pick up truck until the Maverick. I've been driving mostly manual European wagons for the past 25 years. I was in the market for something somewhat compact that seats 5, gets decent fuel economy, automatic, preferably with awd in the $20,000-$27,000 range. There really isn't much in that range. Finding a great deal on a VW Tiguan is on the top of that range. Then I came across the 2022 Maverick. Wow $19,995 MSRP for the hybrid fwd that gets 40 mpg city. I'm going for the XL Supercrew 2.0 ecoboost (color =area 51 ) with awd, 4k lb tow package, spray in bed liner, bed lighting, mud flaps, emergency road kit, first aid kit. All that comes in below $26,500 MSRP. What a bargain!
Check with your dealer to make certain none of those options are constrained, 2 of those were at one point

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Check with your dealer to make certain none of those options are constrained, 2 of those were at one point
I'd agree, most of your extras can be dealer installed, removing them will probably give you a greater chance of winning the lottery.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got to say that Ford really hit a grand slam with the Ford Maverick! I'm 50 yrs old and never in my life have I considered a pick up truck until the Maverick. I've been driving mostly manual European wagons for the past 25 years. I was in the market for something somewhat compact that seats 5, gets decent fuel economy, automatic, preferably with awd in the $20,000-$27,000 range. There really isn't much in that range. Finding a great deal on a VW Tiguan is on the expensive side of that range. Then I came across the 2022 Maverick. Wow $19,995 MSRP for the hybrid fwd that gets 40 mpg city. I'm going for the XL Supercrew 2.0 ecoboost (color =area 51 ) with awd, 4k lb tow package, spray in bed liner, bed lighting, mud flaps, emergency road kit, first aid kit. All that comes in below $26,500 MSRP. What a bargain!
Congrats....like the song say...women love a pickup man

Wolfe Jet

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same here, never been a truck guy, and hybrid as an add-on to my last few purchases was cost prohibitive. So excited for it, and psyched to have just found this like-minded community!
Sponsored