Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Mavericks, 2015 Scion FRS, , 63 Lincoln, 85 Toy
Engine
Undecided
Nice video, thanks.

What driving modes did you try in the snow ? Does this vehicle have either FX4 or 4KTow ?

51mavhatter

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT ECO
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For anyone who wants to see my Maverick's capability in Park City after a snow storm. I hope this helps.

great video Maniac. Thanks for posting. I have the same results with my AWD running Falken AT3's here in Colorado and I haven't needed any mode but normal. Curious , what brand is your bed rack? I'm looking. regards

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice video, and beautiful scenery there in PC!

(BTW, your stopping ability has nothing to do with the AWD system, and everything to do with your tires. ;) )

OP
OP

Ford Maverick Maniac

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 XLTs: hybrid alto blue & turbo AWD carb gray.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice video, thanks.

What driving modes did you try in the snow ? Does this vehicle have either FX4 or 4KTow ?
Thanks for the complement Richard! I try to be different by not making you stare at me, my 150+ videos focus on my 2 Mavericks as the stars of my videos.

This Mav in PC has AWD with LUX, 360 & 4k tow. Our Mav in HB is a hybrid with LUX & 360.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Ford Maverick Maniac

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
great video Maniac. Thanks for posting. I have the same results with my AWD running Falken AT3's here in Colorado and I haven't needed any mode but normal. Curious , what brand is your bed rack? I'm looking. regards
Yes normal mode works great. Slippery lowers the gear a little and helps grip the road better on snow.

I posted an install video of the rack on Oct 19, 2023. It's by Angry Elephant, strange name but easy install with extra accessories others do not include.

Thanks for the thanks Jeff! Really. I try to show real world driving experiences and size comparisons, rather than the usual walk arounds and test drives.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Ford Maverick Maniac

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice video, and beautiful scenery there in PC!

(BTW, your stopping ability has nothing to do with the AWD system, and everything to do with your tires. ;) )
Yes you are right, snow tires are the key to stopping. When accelerating, the AWD system sends less power to the wheels that spin, helping to keep the Maverick straight and less likely to slide sideways when braking. This is how AWD helps with braking.

40caliber

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
forty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Wonder if other modes can be added to nonvfx4 awd's?
And if so if you'd lose one of the others.

• ??????????????????
  • Mud & Ruts: This mode enhances vehicle performance to traverse muddy, rutted or uneven terrains.

• Sand: Engage this mode for off-road driving on soft, dry sand or deep snow.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For anyone who wants to see my Maverick's capability in Park City after a snow storm. I hope this helps.

Very informative. Many people are probably wondering how well the AWD Mav handles the snow. Thank for posting.

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

• ??????????????????
  • Mud & Ruts: This mode enhances vehicle performance to traverse muddy, rutted or uneven terrains.

You most certainly can add mud/ruts and sand/snow to non FX4/Tremor AWD Mavericks. I had an iconic silver XL AWD and added both with Forscan and did not lose any of the other modes. I rarely used them, but better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. I have an FX4 Maverick now and will be adding eco and sport soon.

Sponsored

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I have the same truck except factory tires.curious how it would do without the blizzacks. I do have those tires on our front wheel drive dodge caravan and they work great!

Kagiso

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

• ??????????????????

These two modes would be ideal additions to my AWD 4K Eco. Every summer I make a trip from Coastal Bend TX up into the desert mountains of NE NV. Depending upon rainfall amounts, the roads up to my friend's [amazing] place can be either muddy & rutted or sandy & soft--sometimes pretty tricky. Past summers I've flown out to SLC & taken a rental from there into NV. This year, with my new Mav, I plan to drive out there from here. Unless the rainfall or lack there of is extreme, I'll be fine. But it'd be great to have extra drive modes if it gets gnarly.

Kagiso

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Excellent video. Great camera work. Artful. Enjoyable. And beneficial to your fellow Maverick enthusiasts. Thanks!

Reactions: Dad

James K

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Thanks, great video. I've headed south in winter for the last several years but your ski town has me missing that aspect of the great white north.
Sponsored