First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
By the time you are done this will be a $45,000 truck. They can call it a Ranger.

Some of those items are on the Lariat - you get what you pay for.

The door pull design was based on focus group feedback to have space for taller water bottles.

The cubby next to the screen was part of an original hope of having a 10" screen but they couldn't get it done for the price point they were held to. Probably be there on the 2025.
Sponsored

Fordman770

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick 2023 Escape 2008 Shelby GT Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agree on those weird door handles??? My only real gripe with my Lariat is that it has front radar (which makes the grill look goofy) but no sensor or camera to detect objects when parking or close proximity to other vehicles.

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most manufacturers are getting rid of fog lights- supposedly they reflect too much off wet surfaces, blinding other drivers.

I think the door handles are weird but they work.

Only improvement I want is change the left round gauge on the hybrid to work exactly like the bar graph display you can select to watch electric vs. hybrid power.
Agree with you about the left gauge on the hybrid. I find 'percent' is not meaningful, just when I think I have it figured out, the truck does something that makes me think, 'nope, that's not what that means'.
I would prefer if Ford got rid of it, and in it's place, provided bar graphs that would show the regen state, the electric motor use, the battery's state of charge and the ICE RPMs in larger separate graphs that would replace the hard to read/understand blue bar.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would prefer if Ford got rid of it, and in it's place, provided bar graphs that would show the regen state, the electric motor use, the battery's state of charge and the ICE RPMs in larger separate graphs that would replace the hard to read/understand blue bar.
That would be another screen, which means expensive.

I would prefer that it's a dial still that works just like the EV coach- show when it's charging (how much or if you go to hydraulic brakes) and when it's in electric, then when it's in hybrid mode. A bar showing the battery level and amount going in or out would be awesome but I'm not holding my breath.

sophiam

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sophia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was driving home in fog the other night, and felt no need for fog lights with the Lariat trim headlights, unlike my 2011 Ranger where I upgraded the fog lights and the headlights due to poor illumination.

There are rear parking and obstruction sensors on my Lariat. I think it comes with the Co-Pilot 360 Assist package.

It took me a few weeks to get used to the interior door handles/pulls. I agree they are weird and don't feel like they are in the right position on the doors, but eventually you get used to it.

No idea what Ford was thinking when they designed the cubby, but I found it to be a very convenient place to locate my phone holder. I really like having the big screen and the phone screen right next to each other.
What phone holder did you install?

Sponsored

Fordman770

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick 2023 Escape 2008 Shelby GT Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My wife's Escape has a front camera for parking and obstructions. My Maverick Lariat does not even with the high-level package. Obviously Ford could have made this available on the Maverick as the two vehicles share a lot of the same parts. Why not?

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The other day I finally got to sit in a Maverick and check out how it feels and I have to say I do not have an issue with any of the OP's gripes. I guess it has a lot to do with what vehicle one is coming from. I do not need all that technology to help me drive. I've been driving just fine for 58 years now running without backup alerts, blind spot alerts, lane keeping alerts, advanced cruise contro and an AI co. pilot. :ROFLMAO: .

With that said, I do like cruise to help me save gas on a trip and the backup camera because my range of motion is limited turning to the right as opposed to turning to the left due to Mr. Arthur Rightus.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My wife's Escape has a front camera for parking and obstructions. My Maverick Lariat does not even with the high-level package. Obviously Ford could have made this available on the Maverick as the two vehicles share a lot of the same parts. Why not?
The same reason Ford chose not to put a lot of goodies in the Ranger that they put in the Explorer back in the day. Cost. Keep it cheap.

The Rangers never even came with an on board temp indicator. I installed the Explorer overhead console in my Ranger, fit perfectly and easy to wire. The list goes on, digital HVAC controls, heated mirrors, seats. All of which I put in my Ranger from junked Exploders.

23MAVLariatAWD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RECEIVED '23 Hybrid Lariat Mav Oxford White BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was driving home in fog the other night, and felt no need for fog lights with the Lariat trim headlights, unlike my 2011 Ranger where I upgraded the fog lights and the headlights due to poor illumination.

There are rear parking and obstruction sensors on my Lariat. I think it comes with the Co-Pilot 360 Assist package.

It took me a few weeks to get used to the interior door handles/pulls. I agree they are weird and don't feel like they are in the right position on the doors, but eventually you get used to it.

No idea what Ford was thinking when they designed the cubby, but I found it to be a very convenient place to locate my phone holder. I really like having the big screen and the phone screen right next to each other.
It's funny you mention this I too was driving home in the fog and IMO I definitely see a useful need for foglights. I had them in my '09 Ford Ranger XLT and they definitely make a difference. In my Maverick Lariat the LED headlights are great but do not provide low level road vision in fog like foglights would!!! At least as an OPTION....(like the keypad).

Last edited:
Sponsored
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If the cubby you are referring to is the one next to the display screen, I totally agree. Does Ford offer a 3D printed plate to cover that up?

Flub

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 08
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Having owned my Maverick for a few weeks now, I’ve noted that several options / improvements can be added
  • Fog lights. Why in the heck did Ford not offer fog lights?
  • Homelink Why no option for Homelink integration? Thanks to the forum member that offers a plug and play Homelink mirror kit
  • Rear parking/ obstruction sensors. This would have been a nice option
  • Door pulls. It would have been nice to add an indent on the soft plastic armrests. The cantilevered pulls look cool but lack functionality/ergonomics.
  • Cubby. What the heck was Ford thinking?
  • Driving mode reset to normal every drive cycle. Can this not be fixed with a programming change? This is a major annoyance when you drive in Eco mode.
Agreed

No idea what that is

You already have a bloody camera. Seriously?

I like it sorry not sorry

The cubby is weird and part of the truck's character

Agreed especially with all settings like idle kill and collision assist disabling

May I add: the paint is atrociously easy to scratch down to metal, and the sound system has lots of weird software glitches? Also we need a real shifter, and an analogue parking brake!

I do love this truck though

19mustang65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Please Ford fix the Bluetooth on the XL and XLT models. This is the worst BT connection I have ever seen. Mine is constantly disconnecting and reconnecting.
I never understood this problem until I got a new phone.
I had a galaxy s20 for the first year with the truck.
I recently got an s14 and the BT sucks now. Disconnects randomly.
Moral here is it could be the phone.
Sponsored