Sponsored

Ford Maverick Bed D-Ring - optional or standard?

Sgthell

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL AWD Maverick, 2022 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I picked up my Maverick XL, AWD, 2.0 today. Got home and noticed the 2 D-Ring anchors in the forward portion of the bed were missing. Are the D-Rings an optional accessory or should they have been furnished? The ride home was very nice! Going to install the modular bed liner, but need those missing D-Rings.
Sponsored

HiYoAu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I picked up my Maverick XL, AWD, 2.0 today. Got home and noticed the 2 D-Ring anchors in the forward portion of the bed were missing. Are the D-Rings an optional accessory or should they have been furnished? The ride home was very nice! Going to install the modular bed liner, but need those missing D-Rings.
No D rings on the XLs. You need to add them. You may also want to add another set of upper anchor points near the tailgate.

Thereā€™s a sticky for adding D-rings.

PlantMan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-250 4WD crew 8' bed; 2022 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Try a forum search on "d ring"

OP
OP

Sgthell

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No D rings on the XLs. You need to add them. You may also want to add another set of upper anchor points near the tailgate.

Thereā€™s a sticky for adding D-rings.
Thanks for the info. Whats a few more accessories at this point.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Heads up that the holes in the floor of the bed for the D-Ring are NOT threaded yet. So you will need to buy a tap/die set and do it yourself. Or buy self-tapping screws. I believe the same is true of the holes on the sides of the bed. The floor holes are larger diameter than the side bed holes. Another FYI. Haha.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Sgthell

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Heads up that the holes in the floor of the bed for the D-Ring are NOT threaded yet. So you will need to buy a tap/die set and do it yourself. Or buy self-tapping screws. I believe the same is true of the holes on the sides of the bed. The floor holes are larger diameter than the side bed holes. Another FYI. Haha.
Wow. I have taps and dies and most every other tool ever made. Maybe itā€™s time for a trip to Home Depotā€˜s D-Ring aisle. Hope I donā€™t have to drill and tap to install the modular bed liner.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow. I have taps and dies and most every other tool ever made. Maybe itā€™s time for a trip to Home Depotā€˜s D-Ring aisle. Hope I donā€™t have to drill and tap to install the modular bed liner.
Checked my Amazon order history. Floor of bed should be M8 with a 1.25mm pitch. I did 28mm length.

These screws:
These D-Rings:
Side of bed should be M6. I did M6 with a 1.00 mm pitch....... I think around 14mm length?

These screws:
These "tie-downs":
I think the problem you might find if you just go to Home Depot is that the spacing of the D-Ring plate holes does not match the Maverick bed hole spacing. I've seen a few people post their frustration at needing to drill out the plate holes a bit wider or more narrow to match the bed. The D-Rings I linked to on Amazon are apparently a good spacing. Disclaimer.....I have not installed these yet.

OP
OP

Sgthell

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Checked my Amazon order history. Floor of bed should be M8 with a 1.25mm pitch. I did 28mm length.

These screws:
These D-Rings:
Side of bed should be M6. I did M6 with a 1.00 mm pitch....... I think around 14mm length?

These screws:
These "tie-downs":
I think the problem you might find if you just go to Home Depot is that the spacing of the D-Ring plate holes does not match the Maverick bed hole spacing. I've seen a few people post their frustration at needing to drill out the plate holes a bit wider or more narrow to match the bed. The D-Rings I linked to on Amazon are apparently a good spacing. Disclaimer.....I have not installed these yet.
Thanx for all the info. I really appreciate it. Got some work ahead of me.

pauldonis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I took my drop-in out, there were washers for spacers on all of the tie-down mount points. Youā€™ll likely need to add some; they used tape to hold them in place before the liner goes in.

Sponsored

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Shay with Test Driven TV made an excellent video on installing cargo box tie downs. Worth a watch.

DIY Cargo Box Tie-Downs

OP
OP

Sgthell

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered 4 surface, single hole mounted anchors with 1/4ā€ d-rings from Amazon. I only need to tap one 8mm hole for each d-ring anchor. They are rated at 4000lbs ultimate, so plenty good for my purposes. Iā€™ll probably mount the other 2 below the bed rails. Picked up 4 sst, 8mm, pan head screws at ACE hardware, so Iā€™m good to go.

Stive

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Lexus RX350, Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

These screws:
These D-Rings:

These screws:
These "tie-downs":
Did the ā€œKeeper D ringā€ work in the truck bed? I installed a DIBL and need to cover those holes. Thanks

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2p12 FIAT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered 4 surface, single hole mounted anchors with 1/4ā€ d-rings from Amazon. I only need to tap one 8mm hole for each d-ring anchor. They are rated at 4000lbs ultimate, so plenty good for my purposes. Iā€™ll probably mount the other 2 below the bed rails. Picked up 4 sst, 8mm, pan head screws at ACE hardware, so Iā€™m good to go.
Does anyone have a link for the right d rings?

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Holes in the side of the bed ā€” where the bed rails go ā€” ARE already threaded. M8, despite what you might see in Ford bed rail installation video that says they are M6.

(We just did a DIY bed rail installation last week, and used Hillman M8-1.25 x 25mm Stainless Steel Internal Hex Button-Head Cap Screws)
Sponsored