First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
More like CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS, then DEMAND.

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree with you there. You have to go with the Badlands trim to get the more powerful 4 cylinder engine. I do however see a lot of Bronco Sports in the wild in my area.
Same in my area. Unfortunately, they're all going to be headed into the shop soon. Sounds like that engine needs to put out to pasture.

"Ford has issued a recall for more than half a million SUVs because a fuel leak can trigger an engine fire. Recalled models include 2021-2023 Bronco Sport and 2020-2023 Escape SUVs equipped with 1.5-liter 3-cylinder engines.

In documents filed with federal safety regulators, Ford explains that a fuel injector in the 1.5-liter engine can crack for reasons still under investigation, which can lead to fuel vapor accumulating. As it builds up near hot engine surfaces, it can ignite outside the engine’s ignition chambers."

Ford Maverick Ford Increasing Maverick Production In Response To Strong Customer Demand 1677872308966

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope they just build more mavericks. BUT my fear is that they will all be ecoboost ones.

As far as increasing production of the Bronco sport that doesn't make sense. Several ford dealers near me. They ALL have available BS for sale not sold but ready to buy. The BS is easy to get. One dealer had off 1000 to 1400 off msrp on them and they also offered me a lot for my trade in. More than KBB said trade in value was worth. So I can't see why ford would increase the BS at all.

So I HOPE they are ALL Mavericks . BUT like I said my fear just more ecoboost. I have a Hybrid on order.

BradGroux

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Website
msft.expert
Vehicle(s)
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

Rentman1225

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forde Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
" Maverick was the No. 1 small truck in America in 2022. "

Yes. it beat out the other small truck, LOL.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford now needs to buy some railroad or trucking companies so they can actually get vehicles delivered.
Yeah they need to pick my truck up from Tampa and fly it to me on a Chinook at this point!

jimmyu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The two big constraints are the Hybrid powertrain and the hitch. I wonder if they will have them both solved or just the hitch. We may just see a lot more EBs produced.

It is interesting they specifically mention increasing the F150 Hybrid production.
I get why hybrids are a constraint, but not hitches. They’re not that complex!

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My tracking is showing about 35,000 without the extra shift. Assuming only half of the 40,000 are Mavericks and Ford sticks with their 35-65 ratio then that leaves 21,000 unbuilt hybrids.

But a lot of assumptions there. Numbers currently hinting that Ford is going a 50-50 build ratio rather than their announced 35-65. But Ford had a bunch of hybrid cancelled VINs that had to be scheduled as well, which could have made up the difference.

One of two things will happen:
  1. Ford is gambling they can get extra hybrid parts in before July and can keep the current hybrid throughput while maintaining the overall 35-65 ratio by adding that third shirt.
  2. Ford runs low on hybrid parts early in the model year and we see a relative drought of hybrids being scheduled in the next few months.
My calculations were a little different but the point is, oh they are increasing production, yea, well by how much, what are their projected production numbers, when will those changes go into effect?

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My calculations were a little different but the point is, oh they are increasing production, yea, well by how much, what are their projected production numbers, when will those changes go into effect?
Who knows. If they don't get a hold of more batteries, it'll all be academic for the hybrid orders.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So can anyone decipher in numbers what this actually means for Maverick production? Increase by 80,000 units on top of what they were already planning to make? But that’s Bronco Sport and Maverick combined it appears.
Of 80k each?

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also, the Bronco Sport sales are greatly slowing down. There are tons of BS's sitting on dealer lots right now. Ford needs to do something to push these out.
I've noticed this myself. My dealership has 5 on the lot: 3 are Big Bend and 2 are Outer Banks. Thus, all 1.5L. And all with no ADMs. Next closest dealer has 8 on the lot in the same boat.

I like this explanation! That begs the question, why is Ford building so many BS's when the demand is so much smaller than the Mav?
The biggest part of it is related to available parts to build from and what suppliers can get to the factory. They build from what they have available.

I want to like the Bronco Sport, but... Ford simply does not offer it in a configuration I'd want to buy. If its not drivetrain, its colors or options available, and I am sure I am not the only one who has that view. Try to find one with a black interior and the 10-speaker audio system for example. Its maddening. :)

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs