dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
But they still won't go back and make things right for us who got shafted by the combined incompetence of Ford and a dealer who insisted my 2022 was still going to be built in November 2022 and refused to order a 2023 to replace it.
Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll assume this means the supply chain has finally untangled, as that was the main constraining factor for most models.
The two big constraints are the Hybrid powertrain and the hitch. I wonder if they will have them both solved or just the hitch. We may just see a lot more EBs produced.

It is interesting they specifically mention increasing the F150 Hybrid production.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

richman555

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Engine
Undecided
I am hopeful that production improves over the summer.

Maybe the wait for 2024 orders starting in the fall will not be as bad.

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wrong, please google demand.

There is currently a backlog of orders that could take three to four years to fill. It's disappointing that some F-150 Lightning reservation holders won't receive their trucks until 2024.
The truth is that since the prices for the Lightning have increased so much more than a few people are not taking delivery or their vehicle, nor planning to complete the order process when their slot in line finally comes up. I have a friend that reserved four Lightnings when they were only $40k. Then crickets from Ford. Finally bought one off a lot for around $80K and declined two others at the original dealer that were $90-100k range and had been sitting there for weeks at MSRP. Likely will not order his reserved four at the current price points either. And he is not the only one.

Last edited:

Sponsored

FromAway

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford now needs to buy some railroad or trucking companies so they can actually get vehicles delivered.
More vertical and horizontal consolidation is not going to fix the problems. It is arguably what caused them in the first place.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
https://media.ford.com/content/ford...on-of-popular-electric--gas--hybrid-vehi.html

File this under I will believe it when I see it. Would be in bad taste to make more hybrids after begging people to switch. But I also want my hybrid so hopefully, they actually start making more. Wonder if this model year will run longer with the 3rd shift starting in July in the Maverick and Bronco Sport Factory.
I read the article earlier today. 1 sketchy comment was they were trying to increase the annual run rate at Hermo to 80k units combined for Mav & BS this model year. They have reportedly 87k orders just for Mav before closing order book and have been selling ~100k BS annually too. The numbers don't sound right...

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I read the article earlier today. 1 sketchy comment was they were trying to increase the annual run rate at Hermo to 80k units combined for Mav & BS this model year. They have reportedly 87k orders just for Mav before closing order book and have been selling ~100k BS annually too. The numbers don't sound right...
Increase by 80k, not increase to 80k.

Grumpa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica Honda Civic Chevy Sonic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It sounds to me like Ford is starting to get a handle on their supply chain issues. There would be no point in adding a third shift at the Hermosillo plant unless they have the parts to make the vehicles. This is good news for everybody. Well, except for all the speculators who purchased vehicles with the sole intention of re-selling them at a big profit.
I called Ford Marketing today. Ordered five months ago. I was told I am good to go awaiting a build date. Is hell going to freeze over! lol

AltoBAP

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll assume this means the supply chain has finally untangled, as that was the main contraining factor for most models.
Supply chain is far from untangled. Many suppliers are 1 shipment away from shutting down production. Industry wide.

Sponsored

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The F-150 Lightning is so popular they are sitting on dealer lots priced below MSRP...
And all those people that paid over sticker LOL.

At least they got to tell everyone they got one of the FIRST electric trucks I guess.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Increase by 80k, not increase to 80k.
yeah just saw that in the other thread about this posted by Admin. The article I saw was on Ford Authority. Too lazy to go back and check if they have it wrong or I just have a memory problem this morning.

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I called Ford Marketing today. Ordered five months ago. I was told I am good to go awaiting a build date. Is hell going to freeze over! lol
I mean, they took all the orders for the entire 2023 model year five months ago -- so not a shocker.

It took me 504 days to get my Maverick.

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll assume this means the supply chain has finally untangled, as that was the main contraining factor for most models.
I don’t think that’s the case. We have a 2015 Mazda CX-5 that needs transmission work and nobody can fix it because they can’t source the parts. Now we have to let it sit in the driveway of sell for not much more than scrap.

Now we are down a car, here’s hoping my Maverick Hybrid gets built this year.
Sponsored