Sponsored

Ford back to early 80's with Maverick pricing...

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So does the xlt not come with a backup camera? I had researched before I ordered and thought I read thet did
Ignore Tom 3600, the rear camera is standard on ALL Mavericks.

HRG

Ford Maverick Ford back to early 80's with Maverick pricing... 24 mav rear camera.JPG
Sponsored

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Heated seats and steering wheels are for princesses.
We are not amused.
Nope, we are toasty warm really quickly and darn glad of it.
Because we deserve it. And baby it's cold outside.

jorl

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav HYB XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
research does wonders and dissolves disappointment.I read everything I could before I ordered my 22XLT(lifelong CHEVY man but $20k and 40MPG?)-only thing I didn't realize I wanted was lumbar support,added it myself for $30.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

OpieGoneBad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can't blame Ford because you didn't actually do the research and read what you were ordering. You ordered an XLT, you got and XLT. If you wanted all that other stuff, you should have ordered the model that had it.

As for the 1980 pricing, I was around then buying cars and remember all of the extra's. Some were annoying but most were just that, extra's. The base model XL (which is what I have) has way more standard items than any base model car back then, even the Japanese ones. Ford realized there was a market that was being massively under served, the base model small truck market. Some of us want a plain Jane stripped down truck. I don't need my hands or butt to be heated and I know how to drive in my own lane. I also know how to back up using my mirrors, not a stupid camera. If it were up to me, several of the standard items wouldn't be on the XL and the price lowered. I don't need cruise control, don't need a backup camera, don't need my truck to tell me if I have a low tire or not, etc. Yeah I know some of those are required now (stupid in my opinion but it is government so there is no counting for brains there) but some of us actually know how to drive and maintain a vehicle. To me a car has one purpose, get me from point A to point B without breaking down. All the other stuff is fluff..... fluff that will eventually break.

Blinky

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fiesta ST, 1991 Toyota Dyna
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Heated seats and steering wheels are for princesses.
So are power windows, power steering and automatic transmissions... Just fru-fru stuff for us softies.
I wish you could see how hard I'm rolling my eyes at your pseudo machismo but yes, We do enjoy heated seats. I could skip the heated steering wheel though, my hands stay warm on their own.

Sorry for not being clearer but my point is that Ford has gone to "a la cart" pricing which is exactly what allowed the imports of the 80's to break into the market. This killed the big 3 and not until 90's did they catch on and started adding a lot of features into the list price. I guess I'd be real curious how many XL's with no options are on the road...obviously take out those purchased for commercial purposes. I believe the old term for it was "bait and switch!" Low price gets you in the door...then the up-sell.
You criticize Ford for going "A la cart" but that word does not mean what you seem to think it means, it's almost exactly the opposite of what Ford has done.
Ford has bundled desirable options into packages with other, possibly less attractive choices to increase the overall vehicle cost significantly whereas a la carte means picking and choosing only the particular items you want from the menu.
If Ford had gone a la carte I would have chosen black headlights, seat/mirror heaters and a couple other items but ignored the majority of the options.

Fun talk - I think I got up to $44k just to get heated seats with the new Frontier.
I had the same issue when I priced the Frontier and Taco. To get roughly equivalent options on the Frontier was around $45k, I stopped playing with Toyota's build and price when the cost rocketed past $50k and I still had a bunch of options to add.

RobertD

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Maverick XLT FX4 - 4K - 360; 23 F150 KR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FYI - All Mavericks and all other cars come with a backup camera. A backup camera has been mandated by the US since 2018.

Mervin the Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Niro, 2019 Hyunda1 Kona, 2002 Chevy S10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tom, buddy,

it kind of seems that the issues that you are having are all your fault. Here’s a Website to check for standard and optional equipment:

https://shop.ford.com/configure/maverick/chooseyourpath/

Or, just go to Ford. com

this isn’t Ford’s fault, it is yours for being uninformed.
Sponsored