First Name
Skyline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Honda Ridgeline
Engine
Undecided
My Mav didn't come with spray in bed liner as ordered and the dealer had suggested the drop-in bed liner. I agreed to be installed after I've purchased the truck, also added the mud flapper and they were installed last Friday. There are number of issues with the installation, the dealer is aware of it and looking into how to correct it. I am looking for advise as to how to address this issue with the dealer.

The main issue is with the bed liner, the dealer basically just dropped it in without accounting for a number of things. The pictures tell the story:

Ford Maverick Ford accessory mess.... outlet

Ford Maverick Ford accessory mess.... tie down

Ford Maverick Ford accessory mess.... storage box

None of the floor tie down rings accessible, neither are others front of the bed on the top. Next the the tailgate, they also cut the bed liner on the top, not certain, if they had to.

The other issue is the mud flappers, on the front, they look sort of OK:

Ford Maverick Ford accessory mess.... front

On the back, they look like wrong size:

Ford Maverick Ford accessory mess.... rear2

Aren't the mud flappers supposed to smoother on the wheel side and have no gap between the flapper and the body like the front ones?

I've never used dealer to install accessories on my truck and started to feel, that it had been the right approach. It's too late by now, but any advise would be appreciated.

TIA...
Sponsored

Exranger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 EB FX4 4K Tow LAR LUX Area 51 RCVD 4/27/23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My Mav didn't come with spray in bed liner as ordered and the dealer had suggested the drop-in bed liner. I agreed to be installed after I've purchased the truck, also added the mud flapper and they were installed last Friday. There are number of issues with the installation, the dealer is aware of it and looking into how to correct it. I am looking for advise as to how to address this issue with the dealer.

The main issue is with the bed liner, the dealer basically just dropped it in without accounting for a number of things. The pictures tell the story:

outlet.jpg

tie down.jpg

storage box.jpg

None of the floor tie down rings accessible, neither are others front of the bed on the top. Next the the tailgate, they also cut the bed liner on the top, not certain, if they had to.

front.jpg

rear2.jpg

Aren't the mud flappers supposed to smoother on the wheel side and have no gap between the flapper and the body like the front ones?

I've never used dealer to install accessories on my truck and started to feel, that it had been the right approach. It's too late by now, but any advise would be appreciated.

TIA...
Watch YouTube video on bed liner install. Those things need to be cut out first. Back to dealer svc mgr and show him video. Flaps should look good and neat. Part numbers are on this site, look up and confirm part it will be on the flap

Beckybee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav HEV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought those factory mud flaps and they do have that weird gap. They also suck because the lip at the bottom holds snow/road slush. I drove 1 mile in slush and the slush packed in there between the tire & flap (fronts & backs) and started making a terrible grinding sound

pawalsh610

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Maverick 1st Edition Lariat, Mazda 2
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

outlet.jpg

tie down.jpg

storage box.jpg

front.jpg

rear2.jpg

TIA...
1 . I didn't like the design of the mud flaps and added an after market flap to the inside to get a smooth surface on the inside. It may not be optimal but it is an improvement and can be removed if I change my mind.
2. You also seem to be missing a metal bracket on the back mud flap that adds rigidity to the part of the mud flap that hangs down on the inside.

I agree with other comments, search this site for other threads that have pictures of what these should look like when they are installed.

Ford Maverick Ford accessory mess.... IMG_20230227_172445_642

Ford Maverick Ford accessory mess.... IMG_20230227_172523_001

Ford Maverick Ford accessory mess.... IMG_20230227_172542_960

Last edited:

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Literally the only reason to have a dealer do these things instead of the less expensive third party is because they know your vehicle best, and are likely to be able to do it right. Your dealer just botched the job. Not sure what they need to "look into". Take it back to them and have them make it right.

Sponsored

Tcm777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If the dealer is not competent and does not resolve the issue contact the Dealer Service Manager first. If unable to resolve reach out to Ford Motor CSC. Customer Relationship Center

Ford Customer Relationship Center - CRC
1-800-392-3673
8:00am-8:00pm ET M-F
Lincoln Customer Relationship Center
1-800-521-4140
24/7
TDD available 8:30am-8:00pm ET M-F

bluesteel

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Either ineptitude or just assuming they could get away with not putting in the required time and effort, which aren't even that significant (at least after doing the first practice install)!

Really there's no need for the tech(s) to even watch a video. They just need to read the instructions.

Or chalk it up as an annoyance, avoid the dealer hassle and redo the installs yourself. It's a character building experience. :)

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is why I hate relying on dealership service departments for anything, even small warranty repairs. The tech is either inept or they just saw this is as an opportunity to load up some flat rate time or both. When I worked in a shop many years ago guys would get a job like this and yell across the shop floor "Gravy!". Missing parts (brackets on the mudflaps, did not follow the supplied directions on the drop in liner), this is just absurd. There are some good techs out there but they are not the majority and it's easy to see why the good ones usually leave to start their own indie shop.

Lynyrd Skynyrd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP I feel for ya man. I didn’t like dealers for years now with underskilled labor and in todays world has gone downhill.
I do my own maintenance and repairs but if I was unable?
A. Find out and seek a qualified dealer mechanic and wait for an opening for warranty work, including recalls.
B. Seek an independent with referral and pay out of pocket for the piece of mind

Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
“Mud flappers” made me LOL.

Good luck OP

1fifty

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The installation of that bed liner could be used as evidence that drug use on the job is a bad thing. The guy barely showed up for work and you got charged for the whole guy. Seriously, that technician had to be high. 😂 (…or too lazy or inept to qualify for continued gainful employment)

Did they remember to install the dealer sticker and license plate frame advertising on the back? 🤣

Last edited:

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Why would you opt for a drop in liner if you ordered a spray in liner?
Does your dealer not offer spray in liners? Pretty sure ALL truck dealers offer that

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick Ford accessory mess.... Bed liner.PNG

This isn't going to be fixed, it's just how the drop-in bedliner fits. The appearance would make you think the tech just cut something off, but they didn't. That's how it is out of the box.

Unless you told them to cut out holes for the storage/power outlet areas, I dont' think most techs would do it as it's not explicit in the instructions. Also, some people just don't have the sense to ask you what you want done before they do it.

They just flat-out left a bracket off your mud flaps as mentioned above. Here's what it should look like, minus my clip which got a little sideways apparently :ROFLMAO: I went through my first real batch of mud this weekend and the factory mud flaps weren't the best. Will probably remove and look into some of the aftermarket options with better coverage.

Ford Maverick Ford accessory mess.... mudfla

OP
OP
Skyline

Skyline

First Name
Skyline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Honda Ridgeline
Engine
Undecided
Thx everyone for your replies, much appreciated...🙏

My 25 years old F150 had a Duraliner, one-piece, drop-in bedliner, still looked like new when sold it. It was made by Penda and the same company makes the bedliner for the Maverick as OEM part. The company also makes the same with Duraliner logo, instead of Ford, for about a third less than the OEM liner.
I so glad my drop in was done at the factory, all of that stuff was taken care of.
I ordered sprayin bedliner, but Ford didn't deliver it as such. On the other hand, they lowered the final cost for the missing bedliner...

I did not install the bedliner/mudflapper myself for number of reasons. One is, that it is winter and don't have a garage. The other is that getting old sucks, it does limit what you can and cannot do.:sick:

The dealer did not install the bedliner correctly and admitted that much; also stated that they will correct this but need to get information about how to from Ford. They estimated that in two weeks, they'll have everything what they need. That does not give me much confidence, the chances are, that they threw away the leftover parts. We will see how it'll work out. The mudflappers are what they are. I will either modify them, or get a better one in the spring.

Yeah, this is a bed experience with the dealer, but have to wait until they correct it. If not, thanks to you guys I have the information for how to proceed in that case.
Sponsored