Sponsored

For those ordering out of state...

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I see a lot of people ordering for 3% under invoice from out of state, and I'm wondering how that works out with things like tax, title, and license fees. I live in Texas, and those fees are usually rolled into the financing agreement. However, that's done at the in state dealership. I know with things like a Tesla, that creates a big hassle for the buyer since they have to pay those fees when they register.

Is that easy to roll into your financing? How do private lenders treat that? I know in the past when I private financed the dealer sent the final cost, including tt&l to the bank, bank paid the dealer. Not sure how that works since your making separate payments with an out of state deal. Does the lender pay the dealer, then deposit the registration fees to you?

From what I can see the 3% under invoice only saves a couple hundred dollars, is it worth all that extra work? I currently have an order for MSRP, how much would I save by doing it for 3%?

And for the record I currently have an XLT, luxury package, 360, manual rear window, sunroof. That's 30k out the door at MSRP, dealer fees and tt&l.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
I see a lot of people ordering for 3% under invoice from out of state, and I'm wondering how that works out with things like tax, title, and license fees. I live in Texas, and those fees are usually rolled into the financing agreement. However, that's done at the in state dealership. I know with things like a Tesla, that creates a big hassle for the buyer since they have to pay those fees when they register.

Is that easy to roll into your financing? How do private lenders treat that? I know in the past when I private financed the dealer sent the final cost, including tt&l to the bank, bank paid the dealer. Not sure how that works since your making separate payments with an out of state deal. Does the lender pay the dealer, then deposit the registration fees to you?

From what I can see the 3% under invoice only saves a couple hundred dollars, is it worth all that extra work? I currently have an order for MSRP, how much would I save by doing it for 3%?

And for the record I currently have an XLT, luxury package, 360, manual rear window, sunroof. That's 30k out the door at MSRP, dealer fees and tt&l.
I recommend you call or text Ed Simpson from Chapman. He is very responsive and will get you the answers you need. I assume you pay sales tax and the reg fees for your state. Here is eds contact info

Ed Simpson

Business Development Manager

Chapman Ford Northeast Philadelphia

215.608.0373 - Office

215.932.3148 - Cell

PortlandME

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

How’d you come up with a couple hundred dollar savings? Invoice should be about $750 less than MSRP for that build and then 3% off invoice should be about another $750 less, for a savings of somewhere around $1500. Whether it’s worth it or not, only you can decide that.

You can look up the exact pricing here: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...e-including-packages-options-accessories.192/

dldsm7

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Like what @Lappo424 said, the dealership can charge you the correct state taxes if they know where you live and will be going with it. It isn’t as uncommon as you would think!

I also ordered from Chapman but they are 700 miles away. I did it as even if I get it shipped to me, I save $1000 over MSRP and my local dealership has been anything but transparent with the pricing of this truck. I am going to guess it will be at MSRP + dealership fees. I will let them know I decided to order from a separate dealership that offered X upfront and was transparent. Hoping they eventually learn better.

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Chapman will let me do taxes/tag either way, with them rolling it into the financing or me taking care of it by going down and paying It directly. I like the option. If I do it myself it’ll make my payment a bit lower. All in what you want.

Also, you don’t have to do shipping from that dealer. You can just ask a local dealer if they will do a courtesy delivery for a few hundred bucks ($200-$350 or so). Ford will deliver the truck to that dealer but the actual paperwork will go through Granger/Chapman or whatever dealer you decide.

Sponsored

Macro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick

not sure where you’re getting that 3% under invoice equals a few hundred bucks. I’m getting an XL with a few options and 3% under invoice is around $1250 under MSRP.

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also, you don’t have to do shipping from that dealer. You can just ask a local dealer if they will do a courtesy delivery for a few hundred bucks ($200-$350 or so). Ford will deliver the truck to that dealer but the actual paperwork will go through Granger/Chapman or whatever dealer you decide.
Has anyone talked to Ed about this yet? I haven’t heard of this option before

sjJohnny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Bronco Black Diamond
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm doing my deal with Granger, which saved 1,300+ on an XLT. Granger will roll your state tax into financing and cut you a check back in order to pay your Texas sales tax... if that's what you want to do. I'll tie my trip to Des Moines in with a trip to Philly that I'm taking anyway and have a fun road trip home.

Macro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I'm doing my deal with Granger, which saved 1,300+ on an XLT. Granger will roll your state tax into financing and cut you a check back in order to pay your Texas sales tax... if that's what you want to do. I'll tie my trip to Des Moines in with a trip to Philly that I'm taking anyway and have a fun road trip home.
If you’re going to Philly anyway why not order from Chapman?

Sponsored

sjJohnny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Bronco Black Diamond
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you’re going to Philly anyway why not order from Chapman?
Much longer drive home and I knew Granger from their Bronco dealings.

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

not sure where you’re getting that 3% under invoice equals a few hundred bucks. I’m getting an XL with a few options and 3% under invoice is around $1250 under MSRP.
What is the formula they are using? My 3% under invoice only save me around $650

Macro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
What is the formula they are using? My 3% under invoice only save me around $650
The invoice numbers are on the cost sheet. It’s a separate column from the MSRP numbers. Add them up for your trim/options then multiply by 0.97

OP
OP
slashy42

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Took a while for me to look at this again, sorry about that, and I crunched the numbers. For my build I would save 1,600, which is significant, for sure! However, due to the other things tied to these deals I'm not sure it is for me. I don't want to dealer finance, in general. I've never found it to be great compared to other options. That said, I would if they were competitive, for sure. I'll reach out to some of these guys and see. Thanks for the info, everyone!

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went through Granger and saved $2100 off the retail price. If I went through the local dealer, I would pay the retail plus $900 dealers fee. I am saving $3000 by driving less than 300 miles one way!!!
Sponsored