Sponsored

Buying out of state: doing paperwork ahead of time or upon your arrival?

nick112288

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Ram 2500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So those who are buying out of state and making a decent treck (I'm talking 6 to 8 hour 1 way), are you waiting until you get to the dealership to do paperwork, or doing before hand?

I plan on ordering come this summer, and depending on what deals out of state dealerships are offering I might be traveling.

For me it isn't that big of a deal to get a phone call that's says my Maverick has arrived and take off the next couple days to get it.

My co-pilot on the other hand (wife) would need at least a week's notice to plan that out.

I know I read recently of 1 dealership doing business with over night documentation (can't remember if it was Chapman or Long Mcarthur), but is it something many other dealerships are doing?

I'd also hate to get there, find out there's some issue, and stuck dealing with it.
Sponsored

bigbicep24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 Ford Transit , 1965 Chevelle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I live in Indiana and found a Maverick XLT, Awd, Eb, Luxury, FX4, 4K tow, Pilot 360 in Illinois. I immensely put a down payment on it back in February. It is waiting shipment.
I had the dealer make a invoice and email it to me. I signed it and sent it back and they signed it for the price lock.
I didn’t want to drive their and they raise the price.
Everything is better in writing.