First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What a d*ck statement. $900 is barely a single day's income for my home, that doesn't mean I wouldn't be pissed if a dealership tried to raise the price of my order that much for no reason.
You missed the point completely. I’m sorry you have so much anger in your life.
Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered mine in June, you ordered yours in July. At that time the Co-pilot and the full spare was included in the Lariat Luxury package, they then pulled them out and charged them as an accessory sometime late in the summer.
I don't think that's right. I think the Lariat Luxury Package required Co-Pilot360, but it didn't include it.

Here's a snip of a package guide I downloaded in July. It says Co-Pilot360 is required and I don't see anything in it about including a full-size spare.

Ford Maverick For rewarded my patience with an $890.00 msrp increase 1642988138157

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I get the frustration, I sympathize with you on that. I can only hope I’m not worried about $900 on a new vehicle purchase when I’m 70 years old.
Very insightful! Yeah, I can see him being very unhappy and angry but the alternative is to now do a lot of legwork looking for that vehicle at the original price - that's not going to happen. I see... a lot of regret. I'd have waited for it to show up and then when I went to pick it up I'd have a debate with the dealer about the pricing difference. Possibly they (or Ford ) would have thrown in some items like maybe floormats or some other basic accessory to lessen the hurt. But for sure I wouldn't have given up just by seeing the invoice on the sticker. They might have given him some 0 percent financing.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Some people are just beyond being helped. Good riddance on so many levels.

Bbot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL
I am a “long hauler.”

Maverick I ordered July 5, 2021 is scheduled for production this week. The window sticker on the tracking tool was available yesterday. Total msrp increased $890.00 from msrp at time of order.

Lariat base, lux package and co-pilot prices increased

Using info found here, the truck was invoiced January 20, 2022.

Margins are thin on the Maverick, I’m guessing that even at 4% below invoice, looking at least an additional $800.

My issue is with Ford, not the dealer.

I am 70 years old and similar things occurred over the years with other past purchases. I was never happy regardless how well the item worked and regretted buying it.

For this reason, I decided to walk away and pursue other options.
The dealer is very happy, they will accept the truck and probably already have resold it. Many not All dealers are taking advantage of us . Just walk away, kudos to you!

Sponsored

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We have members on this forum picking up vehicles from Chapman on a regular basis, some very recent builds. No one has mentioned they were hit with a price increase. Again, this is a misunderstanding but if I were Chapman, I'd now tell him to pound sand.
What we don't have (as far as I know) is a Chapman order for a VIN whose sticker was produced post price increase...to know whether the original order price was honored.

ETA: I do understand the OP's perspective (but would not take the course of action he is taking). A long, long time ago as a kid I had money in a passbook savings account, where I was slowly but steadily adding to the account with money I made mowing peoples yards. (At one point I had 13 customers.) One day at the bank after doing a deposit, there was a 50 cent discrepancy between what my passbook said, and the receipt the teller gave me. Of course, the receipt showed less. So I had a conversation about the difference with the teller...who told me "it's only 50 cents". I then left the teller and asked to speak to the branch manager. In that conversation, I explained to the branch manager that 50 cents might not mean a lot to the teller, or the bank, but it meant a lot to me. I then proceeded to take all of my money (almost a thousand dollars).

I still remember that to this day. I was in 8th grade at the time, and one of my parents was with me, but it was I who had the conversation and it was I who insisted on speaking with the branch manager. (My dad just watched.)

I wasn't trying to be a pr*ck, but honest/fair is fair...and they weren't being fair to their customer.

I later went on to be an Economics and Computer Science double major, and have had a good professional life both from a being there in technology perspective and from an investing perspective. I now have a financial situation where I could easily buy a Maverick, or a Bronco, or whatever vehicle I wanted, regardless of price. Or buy a Maverick every day, for quite a number of days without a change in my lifestyle. (Other than trying to figure out where to park them all!) Even so, I would be pissed if the dealer didn't honor a deal they had made with me, for the price they made it for. (OTOH, if they were somehow being screwed, I would DEFINATELY work with them to help make them whole.)

What should the OP do? Well, try to get assistance from FORD, try to get assistance from us, and so on. If the market is like it is today (hot), take delivery at the higher price and flip the truck...and then move on, and at the same time make sure everyone knows that the dealer didn't honor the deal they originally made.

Last edited:

Wilky4258

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Dodge Challenger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am a “long hauler.”

Maverick I ordered July 5, 2021 is scheduled for production this week. The window sticker on the tracking tool was available yesterday. Total msrp increased $890.00 from msrp at time of order.

Lariat base, lux package and co-pilot prices increased

Using info found here, the truck was invoiced January 20, 2022.

Margins are thin on the Maverick, I’m guessing that even at 4% below invoice, looking at least an additional $800.

My issue is with Ford, not the dealer.

I am 70 years old and similar things occurred over the years with other past purchases. I was never happy regardless how well the item worked and regretted buying it.

For this reason, I decided to walk away and pursue other options.
A person with character and will only accept an agreement is rare. Most people pay the $800.00 and consider it nothing more than a blip and are flippant about your decision but I say bravo. It is just a truck let someone else pay 5-10,000 more.

07_Shelby

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT , 2008 Sport Trac Limited
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't think that's right. I think the Lariat Luxury Package required Co-Pilot360, but it didn't include it.

Here's a snip of a package guide I downloaded in July. It says Co-Pilot360 is required and I don't see anything in it about including a full-size spare.

1642988138157.png
It looks like the full-size spare was originally included based on the June order guide but was removed for the EcoBoost in the Aug order guide.
Ford Maverick For rewarded my patience with an $890.00 msrp increase 6-8-21

Gr8Mustang

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Digger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux w/360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK so let me get this right, your order has not been delivered yet and your dealer says that your price will be very close to what was initially agreed to?
Now because Ford is raising prices on later orders you are walking away from that deal?

Your principle will mean someone else gets a new Maverick sooner and the dealer will not have to sell for below market?

I guess you have to do what you have to do but cancelling that order before you have something else in place may be a mistake.

OP
OP
C J Cox

C J Cox

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Decided to wait, do nothing for now. At some point supply will exceed demand and that‘s when I’ll look again.

I enjoyed reading the comments from forum members (all were insightful) except one that struck me as mean.

As a fellow capitalist, I hope Chapman gets $5K-$10K over msrp for the Maverick order that is now a stock unit.

Please don’t throw any shade on Chapman Horsham. Nothing but positive comments from members of this forum that were treated fairly and respectfully.by Tom Borah and his staff. Rare for a new car dealer.

As I wrote in the original post, my beef is with Ford, not the dealer. Chapman Horsham was straightforward with me since my first contact in July 2021.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
in the bigger picture, this is sort of a sad commentary on where we are as a society. The OP is not the 1st one here to look for any small discrepancy in a month's long process and is ready to pick a fight or walk away- BEFORE EVEN GOING TO RETRIEVE HIS TRUCK. BEFORE finding out if there was a mistake somewhere, or a simple misunderstanding. For all he knows if he had simply let it ride and showed up, everything would have gone smoothly and everything at purchase would have been exactly the way it was presented and documented when he confirmed his order. All I can do is SMH when I see this sort of stuff, and be glad I can leave my order process on the back burner and enjoy the pleasant things in life and make the most of the time I have left instead of wasting any of it being what my mom used to call an "injustice collector" 🤕

xSWMIx

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For every person with principles there are 3 vultures waiting to take advantage. Honesty, interigty and principles thing of the past.
*yawn* Yeah, yeah, yeah....the world was a perfect rosy wonderland full of magical harmony 30, 40, 50, 60....however many decades ago. Anyone younger than me is a repellant, odious grifter who'd just as soon step on my throat as give me a smile....a little ironic that these sentiments are being expressed on the internet, I figured we'd be in another dark ages by now with the way the youth are headed. smh

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Decided to wait, do nothing for now. At some point supply will exceed demand and that‘s when I’ll look again.

I enjoyed reading the comments from forum members (all were insightful) except one that struck me as mean.

As a fellow capitalist, I hope Chapman gets $5K-$10K over msrp for the Maverick order that is now a stock unit.

Please don’t throw any shade on Chapman Horsham. Nothing but positive comments from members of this forum that were treated fairly and respectfully.by Tom Borah and his staff. Rare for a new car dealer.

As I wrote in the original post, my beef is with Ford, not the dealer. Chapman Horsham was straightforward with me since my first contact in July 2021.
What I and some others have pointed out to you: FORD has a process by which dealers can get the difference back between the original DORA and the updated invoice pricing.

Did you discuss this process with Chapman? Did they indicate that FORD is not allowing/honoring it? There have been instances where auto manufacturers essentially say "too bad", but ARE YOU SURE that this is the case here?

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At the end of the day, it’s his money and it’s an emotional purchase for the OP. He wants to feel good about the purchase so I don’t blame him, it’s not a refrigerator for christ’s sake, it’s an expensive purchase that’ll remind you everyday if you didn’t get a good deal on it...especially when that first squeak, scratch or repair happens.

I’ve walked away from more deals that I can count simply because it wasn’t exactly what I wanted and I refused to overpay even for small amounts. Doesn’t bother me a bit, they are just metal boxes to get you from point A to B at the end of the day.

Good luck OP, hope you find something else soon to fill the void!
Sponsored