Sponsored

My patience is running thin

• Thread starter Deleted member 23077
  • Start date
  • Watchers 8

Deleted member 23077

It's now going on eleven months since i ordered my Maverick Lariat through a small dealer in Kentucky. My reason for choosing this dealer is that this dealer has won numerous President's Award and they only sell vehicles at MSRP. I originally ordered a hybrid Maverick Lariat, but when we received information and switching to an ecoboost would increase my chances of getting built. Customer Service with Ford has given me all kinds of excuses, yet I see others who have ordered at the same time or later since September 16, 2022 have received their Maveric. I cannot believe how inept Ford Motor Company has been in getting this fiasco or an order system figured out. I've bought 8 new Ford vehicles since 2013 off the lot. I've been a loyal Ford customer. I have used Ford's service department at this one dealer I was using. I currently have a 2019 Edge Titanium and a 2020 Ford Escape SEL. I've decided that after this experience with Ford, I'll be going with a different brand. This is a text book case for a School of Business to review and see how Ford has been such a failure.
Sponsored

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It won't be any different with another brand. Trust me and many others who have ordered from other brands over the past couple years. It's totally random at this point. There is no que anywhere.

At MSRP, forget you even placed it and be impressed when/if it shows up. Ride the roller coaster. Judging by others that have placed orders, they waited similar amounts. Some even over a year.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It's now going on eleven months since i ordered my Maverick Lariat through a small dealer in Kentucky. My reason for choosing this dealer is that this dealer has won numerous President's Award and they only sell vehicles at MSRP. I originally ordered a hybrid Maverick Lariat, but when we received information and switching to an ecoboost would increase my chances of getting built. Customer Service with Ford has given me all kinds of excuses, yet I see others who have ordered at the same time or later since September 16, 2022 have received their Maveric. I cannot believe how inept Ford Motor Company has been in getting this fiasco or an order system figured out. I've bought 8 new Ford vehicles since 2013 off the lot. I've been a loyal Ford customer. I have used Ford's service department at this one dealer I was using. I currently have a 2019 Edge Titanium and a 2020 Ford Escape SEL. I've decided that after this experience with Ford, I'll be going with a different brand. This is a text book case for a School of Business to review and see how Ford has been such a failure.

You are not alone. I previously bought 8 new Fords too. Didn't help my build though. It's allocations, Priority code, Option constraints, and luck of the draw. Lately Ford has been building a HUGE amount of Hybrids, which may be the reason your truck hasn't been selected yet Ironically.

MM Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Luxury w/CP360 + CP360A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not living up to your screen name there @Hoosier Patience
Try being at 575 days...
Relax and enjoy the journey.

Sponsored

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you wanted the first 2020 Ford GT you had to show a proven record of Ford ownership and a better reason than the other guy why you deserved one..
A lot of people couldnā€™t get one despite their loyalty to the company.

Better talk nice about them if you want to get your Maverick.

Ford listens.šŸ˜Š

OP
OP

Deleted member 23077

I'm glad you got that off your chest.
Oh believe me, I could have said more. With going on to the third model year of a vehicle, I don't understand how they haven't figured their problems out. Each day that goes by waiting means my trade in is worth less. I'm not mad, I'm more upset that a Ford loyalist can watch see this
If you wanted the first 2020 Ford GT you had to show a proven record of Ford ownership and a better reason than the other guy why you deserved one..
A lot of people couldnā€™t get one despite their loyalty to the company.

Better talk nice about them if you want to get your Maverick.

Ford listens.šŸ˜Š
Let's see, I have purchased in the last ten years from Ford: 2 Edges, I Explorer, 1 Focus, and 3 Escapes. Is that nice enough. I'd say I've been nice to them.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23077

If I were waiting that long, I'd have cancelled the order. I don't need a Maverick that bad.

numike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2023 Hybrid Lariat
FINALLY DROVE OFF THE DEALERS LOT MAY 22 2023

Ford Maverick My patience is running thin order confirmed calendar

Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
do you get preferential treatment anywhere these days? if you put my buying new Fords record next to yours I would have had mine months ago.
Nope, entitlement doesn't apply here.

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I were waiting that long, I'd have cancelled the order. I don't need a Maverick that bad.
Iā€™m not making light of your frustration.

However, apparently people like MM Maverick donā€™t need a Mav, they want one.

And, as I mentioned in my post, customer loyalty doesnā€™t get you a better place in line.

Paying over MSRP at the right opportunity does though.
Thats almost an impossible decision to make if you ordered one at a lower price hoping to eventually get it.

Everybody is waiting on vehicles that everybody else wants right now, some brands and models more than others.

Sounds like you have a reliable vehicle right now what with all the cars you listed.

Is it need or want?

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My personal vehicles for 33 straight years until May of this year have been Fords. Rangers to be specific. I guess that makes me as loyal as they come as well and guess what, I am still waiting for my Maverick as well. It will be close to or at a year when it is finally sitting in my garage, so I would say to the OP, welcome to the club.

I too purchased from a highly rated and well known dealer who sells at MSRP, does their homework, checked the right radio buttons to get my price protection, did the COVP without being asked and seem to be as anxious as I am for the Mav to come in.

Unfortunately for me, they have no magic wand to get me my Maverick sooner that anyone else.

BTW, 33 years straight driving a Ford did not get me a Ford GT. Just kidding, it was my wallet that shot me in the foot on that one. :ROFLMAO:

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hoosier, you're no more special or entitled than anyone else who orders a new vehicle in higher demand than available supply. You'll get little sympathy from this forum.

Take a number and wait like everyone else. Or walk.

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Let's see, I have purchased in the last ten years from Ford: 2 Edges, I Explorer, 1 Focus, and 3 Escapes. Is that nice enough. I'd say I've been nice to them.
Ford yes, but did you buy all those from this dealer? If so, then you're one of their better customers and should have gotten a better priority code. It sounds like many other builds got higher priority than you did and the dealer ran out of allocations before yours came up.
Sponsored