First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am far past the point of wondering how Ford plans to fill all 2022 orders. It is now apparent it can not be accomplished this year. There are a large number of dealers with dozens of orders on their books who have yet to receive even one retail allocation. Is there anybody that can convince me I am wrong? Also WHY is it these dealers are passed over for retail allocations? Placed my order on July 1 Was informed that I was the first to place a Maverick order with them. STILL NOT SCHEDULED! Proirity 2 since November. Thank you all for letting me vent.
Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not really enough information to give you an accurate answer.

Echo or Hybrid?
Lux or Not?
CP360?
Tonneau Cover?
SIBL?

The trim and options are making a big difference.

OP
OP
Lugnut

Lugnut

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not really enough information to give you an accurate answer.

Echo or Hybrid?
Lux or Not?
CP360?
Tonneau Cover?
SIBL?

The trim and options are making a big difference.
What I am trying to say there are many dealers that seem to not be receiving any allocations at all regardless of model or build options. They are simply be passed over week after week. It almost appears as if Ford is trying to force some dealers out of business.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford has indicated that they may hold allocations for dealers that found to be causing customer issues with Admin Markups or selling Retail Orders out from under customers or placing bogus retail orders. Not saying thatā€™s your dealers issue, but it is happening to some of the worst.

This conversation had been had out here for months and no one can give you an absolute answer.

Iā€™ve been here since June so I seen and heard it all.

OP
OP
Lugnut

Lugnut

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford has indicated that they may hold allocations for dealers that found to be causing customer issues with Admin Markups or selling Retail Orders out from under customers or placing bogus retail orders. Not saying thatā€™s your dealers issue, but it is happening to some of the worst.

This conversation had been had out here for months and no one can give you an absolute answer.

Iā€™ve been here since June so I seen and heard it all.
Thank you, I know that you have been here for some time and I appreciate your taking time to reply! I do believe there are members on this forum that have an answer, but are afraid to reply because of the title of this thread. We will see.

Sponsored

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am far past the point of wondering how Ford plans to fill all 2022 orders. It is now apparent it can not be accomplished this year. There are a large number of dealers with dozens of orders on their books who have yet to receive even one retail allocation. Is there anybody that can convince me I am wrong? Also WHY is it these dealers are passed over for retail allocations? Placed my order on July 1 Was informed that I was the first to place a Maverick order with them. STILL NOT SCHEDULED! Proirity 2 since November. Thank you all for letting me vent.
You arenā€™t going to like my answer but you didnā€™t do your homework and picked the wrong dealer. Sorry but thatā€™s the truth. There are multiple threads on here stating that finding a reputable dealer, that knows the process, and has allocations is the key. I ordered in very early August from Chapman. They weā€™re knowledgeabl, efficient, and had allowcations. Mine rolled in in mid-November. Sure it was a three hour round trip drive but they knew what was going on much more tHan the local yocals. They had a plan, talked with Ford regarding their plan and I have my awesome Maverick. Hopefully you arenā€™t offended by my post, but itā€™s the truth. Not saying I agree with the allotment method but I knew about it and planned accordingly. Oh my reference was for an eco boost not a hybrid. Hybrids got a slow start and itā€™s impacted a lot of ordersā€¦I was aware of the potential hybrid delay, not that I wanted oneā€¦AWD is definite must have for me not negotiable. I got exactly what I wanted.

Bad Actor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ranger XLT, 73 Mustang Base, 02 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford is a public company accountable to stockholders. No doubt every truck they build and ship is done so for max profits. As consumers, we may never understand the nuts and bolts of these decisions.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are a large number of dealers with dozens of orders on their books who have yet to receive even one retail allocation. Is there anybody that can convince me I am wrong?
There are three dealers in my area. Even the smallest has received multiple Mavericks at this point.

Do you know some source that would identify the dealers that haven't received any?

Maybe that would help us figure out what kinds of dealers are getting ignored.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You arenā€™t going to like my answer but you didnā€™t do your homework and picked the wrong dealer. Sorry but thatā€™s the truth. There are multiple threads on here stating that finding a reputable dealer, that knows the process, and has allocations is the key. I ordered in very early August from Chapman. They weā€™re knowledgeabl, efficient, and had allowcations. Mine rolled in in mid-November. Sure it was a three hour round trip drive but they knew what was going on much more tHan the local yocals. They had a plan, talked with Ford regarding their plan and I have my awesome Maverick. Hopefully you arenā€™t offended by my post, but itā€™s the truth. Not saying I agree with the allotment method but I knew about it and planned accordingly. Oh my reference was for an eco boost not a hybrid. Hybrids got a slow start and itā€™s impacted a lot of ordersā€¦I was aware of the potential hybrid delay, not that I wanted oneā€¦AWD is definite must have for me not negotiable. I got exactly what I wanted.
I agree about the difference in dealers. I ordered a XL EB with no options 1/5/22 and it was built 3/9/22 and delivered 4/4/22. The dealer and the order configuration make all the difference. Sorry you have been delayed for the excessive amount of time.

Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Please give examples of those retail orders

Sponsored

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You drew the short end of the stick. I placed on September and only recently was told it may be built in June. Shop around I guess.

Rentman1225

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forde Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This may be true for me. Unfortunately, I didn't read this forum until after I placed my November Hybrid order. However I did speak to 3 dealers and they all promised the same thing my Maverick in 3-6 months at MSRP. I understand, it is my fault for not ordereing sooner, but I didn't forsee the need of needing a new vehicle before then. I had never heard of an allocation system until after I placed my order.

Prostate Heaven

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
...you didnā€™t do your homework and picked the wrong dealer....
The idea that someone should have the knowledge and foresight to 'do their homework' on a dealership order seems patently absurd.

The truth is the entire ordering situation has been entirely unreasonable and no regular person would have an inkling of a clue to research their dealers 'allocations' or other esoteric nonsense.

The entire order process and situation has been entirely unreasonable. The only reasonable response to folks lamenting the situation is, "Yup, sure is FUBAR"

Telling folks they should have done their homework leaves a bad taste in my mouth but there seem to be a contingent of posters here who get their jollies off looking down on the uneducated masses who haven't spent the last 6 months lurking here.
Sponsored