Sponsored

? For anyone with an honest answer?

DJF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I agree that where you order from is as important as what you ordered, and more important than when you ordered. I have a heavily constrained build at a dealer that hasn't sold one Maverick in the 4 months since I ordered. I'm pretty sure they knew they wouldn't get many allocations as I was told 6-8 months at best and 50/50 if I would even see a model year 22. My mistake for agreeing to lay down $1000 for what has since become a pipe dream.
Sponsored

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am far past the point of wondering how Ford plans to fill all 2022 orders. It is now apparent it can not be accomplished this year. There are a large number of dealers with dozens of orders on their books who have yet to receive even one retail allocation. Is there anybody that can convince me I am wrong? Also WHY is it these dealers are passed over for retail allocations? Placed my order on July 1 Was informed that I was the first to place a Maverick order with them. STILL NOT SCHEDULED! Proirity 2 since November. Thank you all for letting me vent.
I appreciate your need to vent. It has been a while since you ordered and you may not have received much in the way of communication. I do not know, but I will give you my honest answer. If you have been a Priority 2 since November and have not received a build date, it must be due to constraints. You have not listed in this thread exactly what you ordered, so I could be way off base.

I realize that you may have seen some of your constraint items installed on trucks ordered after you. However, Ford cannot stockpile one of your constraint items while waiting for two or three other constraint items not available. So they use them. If you have enough constraint items and you start to multiple the percentages for each constraint, you can almost reach zero and zero is your chance of getting a build.

I do not advise anyone to drop a constraint item if they want it. It is your truck, but you can trade off getting what you want later or something you do not want quicker.

Vent and be patient... That's a bit hard to do....

Last edited:

UpNorthBuckeye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Expedtn, 17PriusV,22 Mavrk XLT hybridHPR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't know about allocations, either, although with my pick of several dealers, I went with the one that was biggest and "most professional" in my opinion.
What I did learn at the time was Ford wanted to go to a system whereby people ordered their vehicles rather than shopped what was on the lots. So that made me optimistic.
As I waited, several times I sent emails to the sales manager and the salesperson asking them to verify (in a return email) that my hybrid was going to eventually come and it would definitely be mine and it would be at sticker.
I don't have it in my hands yet. But... I have my built email, and my shipped email so.... it seems close to happening.
But I'll really really believe it when I am driving it home from the dealership in Dundee, Michigan.

Mach 1

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybr 2018 F150 Lariat 3.5 ECO
The pandemic didn't help matters, I was holding out for a $65000 lightning, but jumped ship to the Mav hybrid. I didn't order one, got nailed on markup ($2500). Knowing which dealer is honest? no one could make that call, good thing is the 22s will roll into 2023, however Ford will redesignate them as such, if you hang in there and get it for MSRP, I would be very happy!!

Heck, I just refinance mine and got 1.95%, but they cut me down when they tried to sell me gap insurance and told me mine was worth only $26000. I signed a loan for $34000!! I could sell mine for $35000 easy. 53mpg, and you can't get one if you wanted.

The longer it takes to produce them, the more the value goes up. So its not over for you yet. Good luck with it, hope it works for you.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As I waited, several times I sent emails to the sales manager and the salesperson asking them to verify (in a return email) that my hybrid was going to eventually come and it would definitely be mine and it would be at sticker.
Did the dealer respond to your emails where you asked for confirmation that it would be at sticker price?
Heck, I just refinance mine and got 1.95%, but they cut me down when they tried to sell me gap insurance and told me mine was worth only $26000. I signed a loan for $34000!!
I've been wondering how refinancing (or insurance payouts for a totaled vehicle) would work out on trucks that were sold at a substantial dealer markup.

Were you able to refinance the total loan (with the markup) or did they limit you to their assessed value?

Sponsored

Aander54

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I am far past the point of wondering how Ford plans to fill all 2022 orders. It is now apparent it can not be accomplished this year. There are a large number of dealers with dozens of orders on their books who have yet to receive even one retail allocation. Is there anybody that can convince me I am wrong? Also WHY is it these dealers are passed over for retail allocations? Placed my order on July 1 Was informed that I was the first to place a Maverick order with them. STILL NOT SCHEDULED! Proirity 2 since November. Thank you all for letting me vent.
I’d call the ford marketing center 1-800-334-4375

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The idea that someone should have the knowledge and foresight to 'do their homework' on a dealership order seems patently absurd.

The truth is the entire ordering situation has been entirely unreasonable and no regular person would have an inkling of a clue to research their dealers 'allocations' or other esoteric nonsense.

The entire order process and situation has been entirely unreasonable. The only reasonable response to folks lamenting the situation is, "Yup, sure is FUBAR"

Telling folks they should have done their homework leaves a bad taste in my mouth but there seem to be a contingent of posters here who get their jollies off looking down on the uneducated masses who haven't spent the last 6 months lurking here.
No Jollies
Orders opened in June, I ordered in August...not 6 months. I read everything that I could on the Maverick and ordered sight unseen. It checked almost every box that I was looking for in a new vehicle. My dealer was fine with ordering with no deposit and I was NOT committed to take the truck, my guess is they were hoping that I didn't. It was a no risk order at 4% UNDER dealer invoice so I got a great deal. No jollies, just looking out for my best interest and trying to maximize my hard earned money. You make it sound like I did something wrong and I fail to see that. I did my homework, liked the Maverick, and moved forward with mitigated risk. I stand by my methods.

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FUBAR just about covers it.
I ordered 3 Mavs last summer from 3 different dealers and they all arrived by end of the year, all were 2.0's and at MSRP or less but I only took one, let others buy the other two. I have one more on order but don't expect it til late this year since it was a Jan order and also a 2.0.
I have no clue if and when Ford will complete the 2022 orders.

Last edited:

Prostate Heaven

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
No Jollies
Orders opened in June, I ordered in August...not 6 months. I read everything that I could on the Maverick and ordered sight unseen. It checked almost every box that I was looking for in a new vehicle. My dealer was fine with ordering with no deposit and I was NOT committed to take the truck, my guess is they were hoping that I didn't. It was a no risk order at 4% UNDER dealer invoice so I got a great deal. No jollies, just looking out for my best interest and trying to maximize my hard earned money. You make it sound like I did something wrong and I fail to see that. I did my homework, liked the Maverick, and moved forward with mitigated risk. I stand by my methods.
Its not your buying methodology that I take issue with. Its the smug attitude towards other posters who didn't "mitigate their risk" when they ordered (as if they could have had any idea of the clown show that would ensue:rolleyes:).

Considering you doubled down on this behavior, It confirms my suspicion you enjoy the schadenfreude of this situation and get your jollies by rubbing salt in it with your "this is the right way to do it - look how smart i am" spiel.

I'm just calling it like I see it. Balls and strikes.

I know this is the internet but it would be nice to see a little more empathy from this community and less "I told you so" (the kicker is no one was actually told so)

OP
OP
Lugnut

Lugnut

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First, I would like to thank all who responded to my rant. Thank you! So, what I gather from all your responses is that Ford is indeed attempting to eliminate a good number of their dealerships, by denying them access to inventory. Why? Too increase profits and please stockholders. What is Ford going to do about the customers that ordered in good faith from these dealers, that are now left with the sour taste from this experience?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lugnut

Lugnut

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I appreciate your need to vent. It has been a while since you ordered and you may not have received much in the way of communication. I do not know, but I will give you my honest answer. If you have been a Priority 2 since November and have not received a build date, it must be due to constraints. You have not listed in this thread exactly what you ordered, so I could be way off base.

I realize that you may have seen some of your constraint items installed on trucks ordered after you. However, Ford cannot stockpile one of your constraint items while waiting for two or three other constraint items not available. So they use them. If you have enough constraint items and you start to multiple the percentages for each constraint, you can almost reach zero and zero is your chance of getting a build.

I do not advise anyone to drop a constraint item if they want it. It is your truck, but you can trade off getting what you want later or something you do not want quicker.

Vent and be patient... That's a bit hard to do....
[/QUO
Its not your buying methodology that I take issue with. Its the smug attitude towards other posters who didn't "mitigate their risk" when they ordered (as if they could have had any idea of the clown show that would ensue:rolleyes:).

Considering you doubled down on this behavior, It confirms my suspicion you enjoy the schadenfreude of this situation and get your jollies by rubbing salt in it with your "this is the right way to do it - look how smart i am" spiel.

I know this is the internet but it would be nice to see a little more empathy from this community and less "I told you so" (the kicker is no one was actually told so)
Its OK, I respect and appreciate all who gave their time to reply. Thank you!

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Whatever. You are entitled to your opinion, as am I. However, I didn't resort to name calling. Apparently I am too "smug" for such a belittling act. Amazing.

Prostate Heaven

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
First, I would like to thank all who responded to my rant. Thank you! So, what I gather from all your responses is that Ford is indeed attempting to eliminate a good number of their dealerships, by denying them access to inventory. Why? Too increase profits and please stockholders. What is Ford going to do about the customers that ordered in good faith from these dealers, that are now left with the sour taste from this experience?

I never assume malice when sheer incompetence can cause the same outcome. While they're certainly screwing over customers and smaller dealers I don't think it is by design.

I presume not even Ford knew how much of a cluster this would be (at least in the early stages).

When even the manufacturer couldn't foresee this it seems odd that so many here assign blame towards the consumer for not 'doing their due diligence', 'research', 'homework' or whatever term someone wants to use to finger wag.

Whatever. You are entitled to your opinion, as am I. However, I didn't resort to name calling. Apparently I am too "smug" for such a belittling act. Amazing.
I didn't call you any names, at all. I called out the behavior and described it appropriately. I'm sorry if that offended you. Perhaps some self reflection is in order.

UpNorthBuckeye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Expedtn, 17PriusV,22 Mavrk XLT hybridHPR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did the dealer respond to your emails where you asked for confirmation that it would be at sticker price?

I've been wondering how refinancing (or insurance payouts for a totaled vehicle) would work out on trucks that were sold at a substantial dealer markup.

Were you able to refinance the total loan (with the markup) or did they limit you to their assessed value?
Yes, I received (and saved) emails from them confirming it would be MSRP. I mean, they might still try to slip something in but I can be a pr**k at closing time!
I am pre-approved and locked at 1.99% at my credit union, so unless Ford Finance offers .9% or less, I won't have to get jacked around by the finance guy too much.
No, I don't need life insurance or disability insurance.
No, I don't want the extended warranty.
And while I will accept a license plate frame with the dealer's name on it, please no stickers or emblems on my truck!!

rognus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my Maverick hybrid July 7th and received mine Dec. 22nd. My dealer is in Northern Nevada. Not a huge dealership (Corwin Ford). I know my salesman kept me appraised with which items might delay my production (spray in Bedliner, tonneau cover) which I removed. (Whew, might still be waiting). I wrote in another post that I have seen only three Mavericks in the wild and two of those were commercial vehicles? Seems strange, but I'm assuming there just aren't that many Mavericks being built? Some people who are in bigger markets or at least ordered from bigger markets might have a better chance of getting one. Also EcoBoost models have a far better chance of showing up compared to the very few hybrids that have been built. My humble opinion :sneaky:
Sponsored