First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 F250, 21 Bronco Sport, 23 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So it officially began today, after purchasing 3 different pairs of fog light to finally find the correct pair. Plan is to mold them have them look factory with cutout. They have fog lights and DRL in same housing. This is going to be a lot of fabrication, heating plastic and painting to get the look I am going for.

I am not sure what all fabrication will have to done by the time this is done so buy at your own risk. I also had to purchase two harnesses that I will modify to make these work the way I want.

Link to fog lights: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WDJ9Y5B?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

If you got questions I will try and answer them but it is early in the fabrication.

I know the cutout looks rough right now but we will fix that.

Here is the beginning of the process so far.
Ford Maverick Fog Lights Molded Into Bumper -- My Project Has Started 1680395248098

Ford Maverick Fog Lights Molded Into Bumper -- My Project Has Started 1680395323505

Cutout for the test fit after heating the plastic to start to get it to shape up to the light. Needed to be flat against the fog light housing and it worked. Wives foot gets an honorable mention also.
Ford Maverick Fog Lights Molded Into Bumper -- My Project Has Started 1680395677453

First test fit of fog light, you can start to see the plan now.
Ford Maverick Fog Lights Molded Into Bumper -- My Project Has Started 1680395785383

Ford Maverick Fog Lights Molded Into Bumper -- My Project Has Started 1680395841511
Sponsored

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can’t wait to see the finished product, I like the pattern of the fog lights

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So it officially began today, after purchasing 3 different pairs of fog light to finally find the correct pair. Plan is to mold them have them look factory with cutout. They have fog lights and DRL in same housing. This is going to be a lot of fabrication, heating plastic and painting to get the look I am going for.

I am not sure what all fabrication will have to done by the time this is done so buy at your own risk. I also had to purchase two harnesses that I will modify to make these work the way I want.

Link to fog lights: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WDJ9Y5B?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

If you got questions I will try and answer them but it is early in the fabrication.

I know the cutout looks rough right now but we will fix that.

Here is the beginning of the process so far.
1680395248098.png

1680395323505.png

Cutout for the test fit after heating the plastic to start to get it to shape up to the light. Needed to be flat against the fog light housing and it worked. Wives foot gets an honorable mention also.
1680395677453.png

First test fit of fog light, you can start to see the plan now.
1680395785383.png

1680395841511.png
According to review on Amazon, these lights are not a low fog light pattern, but more of a spot or driving light. If you want to add more bling to the Maverick, these are good. If you want true fog lights, look elsewhere.

johnny99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick lariat awd 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Love my Dremel. Interested to see the final transformation. Hope it goes smooth for you.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bsoute00

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
According to review on Amazon, these lights are not a low fog light pattern, but more of a spot or driving light. If you want to add more bling to the Maverick, these are good. If you want true fog lights, look elsewhere.
I live in Oklahoma we do not get a lot of fog but on country and county roads there no street lights out here.

If I like the final light out put they stay, if not I just fab something else up.

I appreciate your judgement on the lights based on the first review on amazon. I will try them out for myself and see how they work. Based on your expertise on these lights, if you find some that follow the Maverick bumper that will fit and can be molded in to look factory let me know. I will hold judgment until after I install them and make a final decision after that.

I tried to fit the F150 OEM factory fog lights and could not make that work. Then tried some Chevy OEM fogs and nope. I even have some Hella fog lights here but could not get them to angle correctly without fiberglassing entire housing area.

Do not worry there will be plenty of pics of how they work for people to make a decision on them.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I live in Oklahoma we do not get a lot of fog but on country and county roads there no street lights out here.

If I like the final light out put they stay, if not I just fab something else up.

I appreciate your judgement on the lights based on the first review on amazon. I will try them out for myself and see how they work. Based on your expertise on these lights, if you find some that follow the Maverick bumper that will fit and can be molded in to look factory let me know. I will hold judgment until after I install them and make a final decision after that.

I tried to fit the F150 OEM factory fog lights and could not make that work. Then tried some Chevy OEM fogs and nope. I even have some Hella fog lights here but could not get them to angle correctly without fiberglassing entire housing area.

Do not worry there will be plenty of pics of how they work for people to make a decision on them.
Wasn’t trying to be critical or rude. Appreciate all the effort you’re putting in.

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A suggestion instead of doing the whole bumper maybe just do a module to fit into the cutout hole? Since it looks tapered you might be able to do some kind of tension fastener on the back to secure it. Would be fairly clean and you can then sell that as a kit and make some money for your efforts.

OP
OP

Bsoute00

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A little more progress today starting to come together, the passenger side should go quicker after this test side. Waiting game for some ordered parts.

Stars of the show:
Ford Maverick Fog Lights Molded Into Bumper -- My Project Has Started 1680470393001

Ford Maverick Fog Lights Molded Into Bumper -- My Project Has Started 1680470285690

Finally starting to get the desired opening.
Ford Maverick Fog Lights Molded Into Bumper -- My Project Has Started 1680470459282

Sponsored

MortyHooper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Awesome project, looking forward to following

OP
OP

Bsoute00

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will have to weld up some metal bracket that bolt to existing areas on the Maverick, with a way to incorporate the way the fogs install on a Dodge Ram.

MaveRican

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
White XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I will have to weld up some metal bracket that bolt to existing areas on the Maverick, with a way to incorporate the way the fogs install on a Dodge Ram.
Gotcha. It looks badass already. I'm staying tuned to see the progress and final product. Great work.

Azchieffan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Waiting to see the final process. Good luck man
Sponsored