testa422

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why have yellow fog lights, instead of headlight matching driving lights?
yellow is the "better" color for foglight bc it cuts through fog/rain/etc better than white light does. It doesn't glare as much and on a personal note, I think it looks better and is a great compliment to led headlights
Sponsored

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll be looking into something similar to the image below using these: https://www.diodedynamics.com/stage-series-6-sae-dot-amber-light-bar-pair.html (note these are DOT approved for road use)
The 6" Amber By diodynamics Would look just like the rendering but the problem is you have to cut the vertical bars out to fit the lights in the grill aera I've already looked at them

mav2.jpg
I'll be looking into something similar to the image below using these: https://www.diodedynamics.com/stage-series-6-sae-dot-amber-light-bar-pair.html (note these are DOT approved for road use)

mav2.jpg
The 6" Amber diodynamics Lights would fit there with some modification there's some vertical bars you would have to cut out but it would work, Or you have to wait till the middle of next year for diodynamics to come up with an actual kit that would work

sdy284

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT 2.0 FWD - Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The 6" Amber diodynamics Lights would fit there with some modification there's some vertical bars you would have to cut out but it would work, Or you have to wait till the middle of next year for diodynamics to come up with an actual kit that would work
I know. When I posted that I didn't have my truck yet

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know. When I posted that I didn't have my truck yet
Plus somebody in here posted a thread With pictures having already cut out those blank spots on the bumper and installed some fog lights already you just got to look for it, He definitely has the right idea but there's still some trim work that needs to be put on but it's not for the Faint of heart cutting up your bumper

Sponsored

sdy284

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT 2.0 FWD - Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Plus somebody in here posted a thread With pictures having already cut out those blank spots on the bumper and installed some fog lights already you just got to look for it, He definitely has the right idea but there's still some trim work that needs to be put on but it's not for the Faint of heart cutting up your bumper
I saw that 👍

Rxbike

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 XL Hybrid
I love the way it looks but I am hesitant to block any airflow to the intercooler
I would venture to say that short of the light sitting physically on the intercooler surface. you'd be hard pressed to change air flow that much to the IC. I've ran turbo cars my whole life and and currently own two other FI cars including one that is a 790 hp twin turbo Porsche and as long as air if flowing over intercooler you are fine. The 2.0L eco boost snails are not pushing that much boost that inclusion of those lights would impede air flow

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Base Grp 500A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wish that Ford had used a different bumper cover without what look like dummy panels on trucks where tow hooks are not installed. Those panels make it appear that something is missing or the buyer opted not to pay for what could have gone there.
You are exactly right! Even the Lariat Lux Package has the "I was too cheap to pay for the option, so I have the plastic blank on my bumper" look.

Reactions: Dad

Allen King Jr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 C-Max phev, 2006 Mercury Mariner, 2023 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those without tow hooks, could you measure the blank piece that is on the trucks without tow hooks?

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm thinking of installing these in the grill slots. I would rather have something that replaces those stupid blanks where fog lights should probably go, but so far not much luck in seeing that. I've used them as supplemental back up lights and have been very happy with them. Should work well as fogs (they swivel down to avoid oncoming glare). Only issue is how they might look. Don't want to disturb the visual integrity of a good looking truck.

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Why have yellow fog lights, instead of headlight matching driving lights?
IF you are using them for actual fog or snow, yellow will cut through better. Most people only want brighter lights to help the headlights, then white is better and looks better.

Allen King Jr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 C-Max phev, 2006 Mercury Mariner, 2023 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IF you are using them for actual fog or snow, yellow will cut through better. Most people only want brighter lights to help the headlights, then white is better and looks better.
I plan on tying them into the park lamp circuit, the angle of the bumper will help allow to see deer better so I can avoid them quicker.

On this car, I tied the a/m lights in the bumper to the high beam circuit, never hit a deer with this car, but the car before it, not so much.

Ford Maverick Fog lights for Maverick ? Focus Black Headlights

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I plan on tying them into the park lamp circuit, the angle of the bumper will help allow to see deer better so I can avoid them quicker.

On this car, I tied the a/m lights in the bumper to the high beam circuit, never hit a deer with this car, but the car before it, not so much.

Focus Black Headlights.jpg
They do need to be pointed straight ahead, not matching the angle. That will blind oncoming drivers.
Sponsored

Reactions: Dad