Sponsored

Flat towing a Maverick Hybrid behind motorhome - advice / concerns / experience?

Terry52

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got my 2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid in December and now am ready to flat tow it behind my motorhome. Has anyone had any recent experience with flat towing the Maverick, advice/concerns?

Thanks for the help.
TW
Sponsored

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How much experience do you have flat towing? What setups did you have before, if any?

Palms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mercedes GLC; 23 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can I use any of the three grounding lugs on the frame in front of vthe positive stud for the fused wiring harness for my front license plate holder mounted led bar, with 2 separate 5/16 x 18 nuts, one for the charge line and one for the bar?

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Best looking baseplate by for is Roadmaster’s as it goes through exiting openings in the grill versus Blue Ox cutting ugly holes. I used the NSA Ready Brake tow bar that has a built in surge brake that connects via cable to the brake peda. Simple, mechanical, nothing to break and will save you $2k versus any other built in auxiliary brake system for your Maverick. $1,380 for towbar and all brake cables. Run a trickle charge to your battery directly from your 7 way connector. have towed over 4,000 miles with this setup. https://nsarvproducts.com/collections/aluminum-tow-bar/products/rv-tow-bar-ready-brute-elite-ii
Ford Maverick Flat towing a Maverick Hybrid behind motorhome - advice / concerns / experience? IMG_0260
Ford Maverick Flat towing a Maverick Hybrid behind motorhome - advice / concerns / experience? IMG_0261
Ford Maverick Flat towing a Maverick Hybrid behind motorhome - advice / concerns / experience? IMG_0262
Ford Maverick Flat towing a Maverick Hybrid behind motorhome - advice / concerns / experience? IMG_1357

Last edited:

Palms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mercedes GLC; 23 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where/to what did you connect the charge line from the seven pin in the engine compartment please?

Sponsored

knkdupre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Best looking baseplate by for is Roadmaster’s as it goes through exiting openings in the grill versus Blue Ox cutting ugly holes. I used the NSA Ready Brake tow bar that has a built in surge brake that connects via cable to the brake peda. Simple, mechanical, nothing to break and will save you $2k versus any other built in auxiliary brake system for your Maverick. $1,380 for towbar and all brake cables. Run a trickle charge to your battery directly from your 7 way connector. have towed over 4,000 miles with this setup. https://nsarvproducts.com/collections/aluminum-tow-bar/products/rv-tow-bar-ready-brute-elite-ii
IMG_0260.jpeg
IMG_0261.jpeg
IMG_0262.jpeg
IMG_1357.jpeg
I just had the same installed, but the installer said that they couldn’t install the mechanical braking cable through the firewall in correct spot to attach to the brake pedal. I have the hybrid. Were you able to install the mechanical brake cable that comes with the Ready Brute Elite tow bar? Thanks for your input!

Ford Maverick Flat towing a Maverick Hybrid behind motorhome - advice / concerns / experience? IMG_5312

Ford Maverick Flat towing a Maverick Hybrid behind motorhome - advice / concerns / experience? IMG_5313

Last edited:

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the Ready Brake system set up on my Maverick. Don't know why they said they could not fit the cable through the firewall? Mine works fine and it wasn't complicated at all.

The only "issue" I had was figuring out a way for the cables other end to come out in the center of the lower grill opening like it is supposed to. I built a standoff mount to bring it forward so the bend in the cable was less severe.
Sponsored