First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Took the Maverick for it’s first tow behind the Motorhome. A quick 16 mile round trip to fill the RV with gas. Maverick was so easy to put in tow mode and it towed perfectly. This is the number one reason we purchased this vehicle and we are so happy to finally get a tow in. Can’t wait for the first actual camping trip.
Ford Maverick First Flat Tow Behind the Motorhome RV IMG_7144
Ford Maverick First Flat Tow Behind the Motorhome RV IMG_7146

Ford Maverick First Flat Tow Behind the Motorhome RV IMG_7147
Sponsored

Aspidochelone

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are you suppose to do that with the maverick the tow manual says otherwise, it calls for a dolly if fwd. I've never towed so i don't know.

Ford Maverick First Flat Tow Behind the Motorhome RV Screenshot_20230528_103822_Samsung Notes

Ford Maverick First Flat Tow Behind the Motorhome RV Screenshot_20230528_103803_Samsung Notes

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you suppose to do that with the maverick the tow manual says otherwise, it calls for a dolly if fwd. I've never towed so i don't know.

Screenshot_20230528_103822_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20230528_103803_Samsung Notes.jpg
Shows hybrid maverick right there on the second page under four wheel down, electrified vehicle section.

Aspidochelone

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Shows hybrid maverick right there on the second page under four wheel down, electrified vehicle section.
I see now, i was looking at the one below. Mine is an ecoboost with awd. I tend to overlook hybrid stuff.

tdonch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester (current toad)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also wanted a Hybrid just for this application. After a 19 month wait, ours should finally be built in this next week, so I am looking forward to being able to test this out myself. :)

Did you install the Roadmaster baseplate? I've heard that it requires the removal of the lower air shutters. Was that true in your case?

Sponsored

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you have a shot of the front of the Maverick? I'm planning on getting Roadmaster to install the base plate and curious what it looks like and what they had to remove.

Terry52

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Took the Maverick for it’s first tow behind the Motorhome. A quick 16 mile round trip to fill the RV with gas. Maverick was so easy to put in tow mode and it towed perfectly. This is the number one reason we purchased this vehicle and we are so happy to finally get a tow in. Can’t wait for the first actual camping trip.
IMG_7144.jpeg
IMG_7146.jpeg

IMG_7147.jpeg

I also bought the Hybrid just to be able to tow behind my MH. I purchased mine last November with the ridiculous ADM of $5k of added cost To me it has certainly been worth it. Great little truck (previous truck was a Ford 250 diesel). I have already done 5000 miles of flat towing the Maverick with 0 problems. Very easy to hookup, less 5 minutes, and easy to pull. I went with the Roadmaster base plate and am pleased with the way it works. I had a Blue Ox on my Jeep Wrangler and would have gone with that, but I did not want to cut holes in the front facia. Yes I had to remove the lower grill shutters but that certainly has not affected either winter or summer driving.

My Jeep Wrangler was a great Toad, but giving the flexibility of a small pickup truck, the Maverick wins hands down.

good luck with yours
TW

OP
OP
ever1ast15

ever1ast15

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also wanted a Hybrid just for this application. After a 19 month wait, ours should finally be built in this next week, so I am looking forward to being able to test this out myself. :)

Did you install the Roadmaster baseplate? I've heard that it requires the removal of the lower air shutters. Was that true in your case?
Hi. I had a local auto mechanic shop install it for me. Yes, they did have to trim some things.

OP
OP
ever1ast15

ever1ast15

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you have a shot of the front of the Maverick? I'm planning on getting Roadmaster to install the base plate and curious what it looks like and what they had to remove.
hi. I don’t have a pic with the grill off, but here is what I have.

Ford Maverick First Flat Tow Behind the Motorhome RV IMG_7118

Ford Maverick First Flat Tow Behind the Motorhome RV IMG_7117

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, that actually looks pretty good. Better than what was done on my Jeep Cherokee in fact.

How was it putting the Maverick in tow mode? The Cherokee was a pain. You had to stand on one leg facing east and chant while pushing switches and taking out fuses.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ever1ast15

ever1ast15

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, that actually looks pretty good. Better than what was done on my Jeep Cherokee in fact.

How was it putting the Maverick in tow mode? The Cherokee was a pain. You had to stand on one leg facing east and chant while pushing switches and taking out fuses.
Mira so easy. You push the start button without your foot on the brake (accessory mode). Go to settings, vehicle, tow mode (not exact labels. Lol). Put foot on brake and switch to Neutral. That’s it.

Donald

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mira so easy. You push the start button without your foot on the brake (accessory mode). Go to settings, vehicle, tow mode (not exact labels. Lol). Put foot on brake and switch to Neutral. That’s it.
Do you push the button again to turn the ignition off? My XL has a key and I turn the key to the off position.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Good luck.

Remember to start the gas engine every 6 hours or less.

Needs to recharge batteries and lubricate.
Sponsored