Sponsored

Fix for Broken Sunglasses Holder ?

Who else has little problems and rattles?

• Total voters

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine isn't broken but I can tell it's horribly designed and will eventually break. I don't know why they didn't just go with the typical Toyota/Honda sunglasses holder design that has a smooth press and then it slowly comes down.
Add Chevy to that Toyota/Honda list. My similarly-priced Colorado has a nice dampened overhead sunglass holder. The one in my less than week-old Maverick opens about 3/16" when depressed, requiring me to manually pull it down. It feels cheap. The only thing I've encountered thus far that screams cheap by touch, feel, and operational functionality.

Reminds of the lids on cheap tool sets with the plastic hinge that you know only have limited duty cycle until it gets a duct tape hinge.
Sponsored

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
No issues with mine. The fix for now, should I need one, is a trip to the dealer. You paid a lot for that truck. Make them fix whatever is wrong with it.
That's what I was gonna say! I'll be driving them crazy if have any issues!

Brb

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat Luxury
My sunglass holder barely opens and I have to use a fingernail to open the rest of the way. I went with printing the coin/fits cubby holder and printing the sunglass holder to attach to it.
Ford Maverick Fix for Broken Sunglasses Holder ? PXL_20220410_142910871~3

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Add Chevy to that Toyota/Honda list. My similarly-priced Colorado has a nice dampened overhead sunglass holder. The one in my less than week-old Maverick opens about 3/16" when depressed, requiring me to manually pull it down. It feels cheap. The only thing I've encountered thus far that screams cheap by touch, feel, and operational functionality.

Reminds of the lids on cheap tool sets with the plastic hinge that you know only have limited duty cycle until it gets a duct tape hinge.

Sponsored

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 370Z, Honda Civic, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford fixed this. Mine does not have one.
that or supply chain issues
Thinking its supply chain issues in your case cause I know mine does have the sunglasses holder and it was one of the things that malfunctioned when I was going through pre delivery inspection with the dealer and they made note of it and ordered the assembly right away…. In my case the issue was that the sunglasses holder wouldn’t open at all and had to be forced open…. It has gotten a little better since then, but still gonna have them replace the holder as one of the hinges feels like it’s gonna fall out

Dale F

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale L Freund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What sunglass holder? Does the Maverick suppose to have one?

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What sunglass holder? Does the Maverick suppose to have one?
All Mavericks without a moon roof have it. It's on the overhead panel by the map lights. Moon roof requires a smaller overhead panel so it loses the sunglass holder.

Without moon roof (note the opening at the top of the photo):

Ford Maverick Fix for Broken Sunglasses Holder ? 1669476074730

With moon roof:

Ford Maverick Fix for Broken Sunglasses Holder ? 1669476083761

Dale F

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale L Freund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you, that explains everything. The moon roof is standard equipment on my first edition. I was taking delivery at the dealership and the salesperson and me were looking for the eyewear holder and neither of us could find it.

Sponsored
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, Lariat, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, mine is doing the same thing . . . . and now the release catch is missing and the sunglass holder hangs down . . . . this is way easier to get my sunglasses out of the holder now . . . . looks stupid though . . . lol

Last edited:

MavChris

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT, 22 Bronco Sport, 19 Flex SEL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Funny thing is that I could not get mine to open yesterday morning. Finally got it to open with some "finessing". I keep my garage door opener in there so its hidden when I leave my truck in my driveway overnight. It has always felt flimsy to me. We have a 2022 Bronco Sport and 2019 Flex with a very similar assembly. Both work fine with the added touch of soft open on the Flex.

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT 350, 60 VW, 34 pickup and porsches....
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i googled a mopar part # 68038755AA i found in another thread and ended up ordering qty. of 4 off of ebay, shipping from china.....
total cost $3.45
if i ever get them (in a month or so) i'll report back.

Mosin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My gas door keeps opening by itself on my ecoboost
Sponsored