Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just saw a 35 year old Chevy Celebrity. If it is cared for it can certainly last.

Buy a vehicle you want and get your money's worth out of it. How ever long it takes you. It's not an investment. You're not a caretaker for the next owner. It's cheaper to have the truck go from a to b than to call a cab. That's its value to you.
Sponsored

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Neither. While the first year production numbers may not be where Ford wanted them the fact of the matter is , up until very recently, Ford would have built every one they could sell. It's not a rare vehicle, it doesn't have some record setting attributes, etc. It's a truck not a Ford GT.
I agree. I bought the first year Ford C max and the first year Hyundai Kona EV and I don’t think anybody, let alone the dealers, remember these vehicles as anything.

MikeYork5

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nobodies going to collect a Maverick, in 20 years they'll all be in a rust heap, modern vehicles just don't hold up.
Vehicles don't rust in the sunbelt states/environment, and metallurgy being what it it is today, vehicles kast infinitely longer than in the past.

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Who can predict 50 years from now. Vehicles last these days. Electronic gadgets may fail and plastic may age. I don’t feel the Maverick is anymore of an econobox than most vehicles on the road.

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
It will be plagued with problems. 2023 will be desirable.
I agree the 2022 is showing a lot of issues. I don't agree the 2023 will be much different or any better.

Sponsored

boatman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The "First Edition" was an option package available to anyone who wanted to order it. technically not a limited number collectable.
I get that but still believe there werent that many ordered compared to what Im seeing on here or anywhere. Just like other badges that were packages anyone could order but are special, i.e. GT, SS, RT and such.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I get that but still believe there werent that many ordered compared to what Im seeing on here or anywhere. Just like other badges that were packages anyone could order but are special, i.e. GT, SS, RT and such.
At best any extra value would be negligible.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree. I bought the first year Ford C max and the first year Hyundai Kona EV and I don’t think anybody, let alone the dealers, remember these vehicles as anything.
A good rule of thumb. Any vehicle that will be collectible is generally marketed as such. Low numbers, vehicle specific options (high HP engines, etc), high dollar halo cars, etc.
Owning a vehicle that's just 1 of XXXXXX in an unlimited build will not be.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think any of you who are in the New Jersey Shore/Pinelands area and who ordered a Velocity Blue base hybrid XL with a drop-in bed liner should probably play it safe and cancel your order when it comes in. No reason to take a chance. Order a 2023.

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No.

Sponsored

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are Camrys collectible? The Maverick is cut from the same cloth in my opinion - a mass produced economy car. Nothing wrong with that at all, but no one's going to be collecting these and paying a premium for them years from now

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A good rule of thumb. Any vehicle that will be collectible is generally marketed as such. Low numbers, vehicle specific options (high HP engines, etc), high dollar halo cars, etc.
Owning a vehicle that's just 1 of XXXXXX in an unlimited build will not be.
I guess my ‘68 Cadillac Eldorado might fit, 1 of 464, 472 hp😊

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are Camrys collectible? The Maverick is cut from the same cloth in my opinion - a mass produced economy car. Nothing wrong with that at all, but no one's going to be collecting these and paying a premium for them years from now
There's cars that are collectible because they're collectible and then there's cars that are collectible because of sentimentality. A Mav may eventually be the latter.

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Vehicles don't rust in the sunbelt states/environment, and metallurgy being what it it is today, vehicles kast infinitely longer than in the past.
Rust alone won't be why people dump them. Techology in vehilces is moving quickly, in the not to distant future it will be far to expensive to operate a gas vehicle, simple as that.
Sponsored