First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was intrigued by the Tremor when thinking about getting another Maverick. The exterior looks great with the chiseled front bumper, dark grey wheels with the orange pocket, suspension lift, tinted headlight/taillight bezels, and the Tremor badge on the rear quarter panel. However, there were two main drawbacks keeping me from getting one. Number one is the price. Most go over $40,000 before tax and greedy dealer markups. Too expensive. Number two being the interior. I don't like the black seats and trim pieces. It makes it look like a traditional interior. The regular Lariat interior I prefer because it's bright and doesn't look like any other interior out there. Instead, I opted for the FX4 since it still keeps the interior I like while having some more off-road/snow capability without drastically raising the price. Considering the FX4 package only adds an extra $800 to the MSRP, it's well worth it and more than adequate for my needs.

BTW, the shot of the front end, did you program the headlights to be the daytime running lights? I know for a fact that the Lariats come with the LED DRL on the top of the headlight housing and only the XL and XLTs have the headlights act as the running lights. I kind of prefer the headlights themselves as running lights since they look better.
Here in the north east there are many dealers who will sell tremors at MSRP. That was my experience got mine for 31200
Sponsored

Redline

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT shadow black
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad to see you're not afraid to get it dirty! I got my Tremor back in July and averaged about 25 mpg through the fall and it's dropped to about 23 mpg this winter. It's a great truck. Good choice. I've yet to encounter another Tremor on the road, so we're a rare breed. 😬

Wetfoot77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ranger 2002 Forester 2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got my Tremor in late June last year. It's an XLT. Do almost exclusively 2 lane highway and weekend adventuring. Absolutely love the vehicle. Average mileage has neen 28.5 summer and 26.5 winter. The mileage includes the trail use and pulling my 16 foot Alumacraft Backtroller. So much nicer than my 06 Ranger!

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My lifted FX4 will go anywhere the Tremor can - But it seems like a solid rig with that better approach front bumper. Such a bummer about the only 2K tow rating -

Barksdale123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nice report. Glad its god for you. Who did the two tone paint job?;)

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On February 6th I took delivery of a Lariat Tremor. So far, I’m totally in love with this amazing little truck. Smooth ride, plenty of power, and today I figured out it’s very capable off road. More so than I was expecting.

I hit some roads in the deep Maine woods and made good use of the mud and ruts mode. 5 to 8 inches of mud was absolutely no problem. Some points got up to a foot of mud but the tremor trudged along with little to no issue. At speed, deep ruts tend to toss around the Maverick but it can make for an extremely fun ride. There were a few sketchy moments where the disastrous road and trails wanted to pull the Mav off into a ditch but I attribute that to my excitement with the gas pedal.

Overall, this truck is the perfect mix of city commuter and weekend recreation vehicle for my needs and I couldn’t be happier. I’ve put over 400 miles on it in the first week!

Side note: MPG has been as low as 21 (off road) and as high as 30ish (on highway). I average over 27 which blows the advertised 21 combined out of the water. Thoughts on this will be greatly appreciated.
IMG_5592.jpeg

IMG_5598.jpeg
IMG_5590.jpeg
What's to say other than it's great to have you find so much joy in this truck and the reasons why most everyone here is in love with it.

OP
OP
Mav207

Mav207

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Tremor Atlas Blue Metallic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I was intrigued by the Tremor when thinking about getting another Maverick. The exterior looks great with the chiseled front bumper, dark grey wheels with the orange pocket, suspension lift, tinted headlight/taillight bezels, and the Tremor badge on the rear quarter panel. However, there were two main drawbacks keeping me from getting one. Number one is the price. Most go over $40,000 before tax and greedy dealer markups. Too expensive. Number two being the interior. I don't like the black seats and trim pieces. It makes it look like a traditional interior. The regular Lariat interior I prefer because it's bright and doesn't look like any other interior out there. Instead, I opted for the FX4 since it still keeps the interior I like while having some more off-road/snow capability without drastically raising the price. Considering the FX4 package only adds an extra $800 to the MSRP, it's well worth it and more than adequate for my needs.

BTW, the shot of the front end, did you program the headlights to be the daytime running lights? I know for a fact that the Lariats come with the LED DRL on the top of the headlight housing and only the XL and XLTs have the headlights act as the running lights. I kind of prefer the headlights themselves as running lights since they look better.
My iPhone could not pick up the LEDs but I had them turned on for photos. They look turned off due to the camera.

OP
OP
Mav207

Mav207

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Here in the north east there are many dealers who will sell tremors at MSRP. That was my experience got mine for 31200
Same for me. $39,945 + a steep $799 dealer fee however that comes with free oil changes for as long as I own the vehicle and top tier service for repair/maintenance (speaking from experience with Yankee Ford in South Portland, Maine)

OP
OP
Mav207

Mav207

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My lifted FX4 will go anywhere the Tremor can - But it seems like a solid rig with that better approach front bumper. Such a bummer about the only 2K tow rating -
If I needed to tow stuff I for sure would’ve gone your route or just got a cheaper F150 since there was a bit of an oversupply of them and (at least here in Maine) there was a lot of attractive incentives to buy the outgoing 2023 models to make way for the updated 2024 stock. For my needs the Tremor is great but it certainly isn’t for everyone. Another downside is payload goes from 1,500 IBS to 1,200 IBS, but again, for me 1,200 is plenty.

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I needed to tow stuff I for sure would’ve gone your route or just got a cheaper F150 since there was a bit of an oversupply of them and (at least here in Maine) there was a lot of attractive incentives to buy the outgoing 2023 models to make way for the updated 2024 stock. For my needs the Tremor is great but it certainly isn’t for everyone. Another downside is payload goes from 1,500 IBS to 1,200 IBS, but again, for me 1,200 is plenty.
I knew going for a 1st model year FX4 with Tow was not going to come with the B/Sport rear PDU - Not awesome but I know we were going to buy a legit camper trailer over 2K weight.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Love it. Congrats on getting it properly dirty. Looking forward to even more pictures. 👍

dlhort1955

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What exactly is a Tremor? I do not see Ford advertising it. You can look for an FX4 on their website, but Tremor is not a listed option.

OP
OP
Mav207

Mav207

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

What exactly is a Tremor? I do not see Ford advertising it. You can look for an FX4 on their website, but Tremor is not a listed option.
In short, it’s the off road focused maverick. Upgraded suspension, undercarriage skid plate, and specialized driving modes. What you lose to gain that is 4K towing (max 2k on tremor) and 1.2k payload vs 1.5k payload for a normal maverick. Only available on XLT and Lariat trims

No5s

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado Z71
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve had my Tremor for just over a year and 12k miles. Zero issues so far, almost 27 mpg average. This includes hauling 3 trials bikes regularly. It is an absolute beast in the snow. Very happy with my truck.
Sponsored