First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got a call from my dealership today! I immediately asked if they were calling about a scheduling date on my July 8 order. No, sorry. Just staying in touch ( 1st time they have called me) and letting me know I will probably have my car by MAY 2022. Hoping that’s just a worse date scenario. Maverick hybrid XLT, Lux, 360, cactus Gray and probably something else that I’ve forgotten because it’s been so long…
So sorry Mary!! You ordered way before the long line so to wait 6 more months until May makes no sense. Maybe there is a problem with the hybrid engine Ford engineers need time to fix.

Whatever the reason, Ford promised to stay in touch with us hybrid order holders but they do not. Yes, the world is different but communication is easy with emails. Here is Ford's promise to you that they are breaking:

In the Oct 21 Ford email that gave us the free stuff, there was no apology for the hybrid delay. It said "Your 2022 Maverick Hybrid pickup will be delivered next year, and rest assured that we'll continue to keep you updated." This email did not explain why the shipping dates keep getting bumped or why already built hybrids are still sitting at the factory.

FYI back on Sept 8, Ford issued a press release stated the hybrid would not be delayed. I have not seen this PR retracted by Ford.

Can someone at Ford reply here and give us an official update we were promised on Oct 21? Coming from anyone else, it will only be speculation.
Sponsored

hopkin22

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
I am sick of people buying into the supply chain issues. It is all done on purpose for control. Soon we will be like China- no dealerships, but ordering centers. No markdowns- MSRP or above. In 2010 I bought a brand new F150 xlt crew cab 2wd for 27k. I got 14k off the sticker. There was a day not long ago on a new truck it was a given 10k off MSRP. Now, MSRP or over and it will not change and go back to the way it was. Yea, I get it was 11 years ago, but people are not making substantially more than they did 11 years ago. My wife traded her car this past summer that had 50k miles on it and got more than what we paid for it 3 years ago. Stop with the pandemic excuses. It’s all about control. It’s not the Black Plague. It’s trying to force a new normal.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I am sick of people buying into the supply chain issues. It is all done on purpose for control. Soon we will be like China- no dealerships, but ordering centers. No markdowns- MSRP or above. In 2010 I bought a brand new F150 xlt crew cab 2wd for 27k. I got 14k off the sticker. There was a day not long ago on a new truck it was a given 10k off MSRP. Now, MSRP or over and it will not change and go back to the way it was. Yea, I get it was 11 years ago, but people are not making substantially more than they did 11 years ago. My wife traded her car this past summer that had 50k miles on it and got more than what we paid for it 3 years ago. Stop with the pandemic excuses. It’s all about control. It’s not the Black Plague. It’s trying to force a new normal.
I’ve been wondering about this as well, except for one thing……the same issues affecting us in North America are affecting the rest of the world according to folks I’ve spoken with in Europe and elsewhere. If not a supply chain issue created by lack of workers, virus mandates, etc., I would really like to know who is controlling this global meltdown and forcing the new normal on us. It’s a rhetorical comment/question.

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes if it is chips or magnesium shortage, you would think Ford would have kept their Oct 21 promise to keep us updated and just told us instead of being so secretive. Maybe they are worried about tanking their stock.

IPunchCholla

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 E150, 2014 Leaf
Yes if it is chips or magnesium shortage, you would think Ford would have kept their Oct 21 promise to keep us updated and just told us instead of being so secretive. Maybe they are worried about tanking their stock.
We don’t know, therefore it must be x is the classic informal logical fallacy argument from ignorance.

Supply issues are happening with everything. Our lab came close to closing because we couldn’t get maintenance tanks for our printers. Different papers keep going out of stock. Then it is something else as the effects ripple on.

I suppose ford could put out a list of constrained items, well they do, but the could email it to us, but I imagine all of these are just tips of the ice-berg when it comes to efficient use of resources when trying to build trucks that come in hundreds if not thousands of combinations of color and options. Add in allocations on top of this and the explanation for why each truck is not being built could be particular to that truck.

No need for conspiracies.

Sponsored

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We don’t know, therefore it must be x is the classic informal logical fallacy argument from ignorance.

Supply issues are happening with everything. Our lab came close to closing because we couldn’t get maintenance tanks for our printers. Different papers keep going out of stock. Then it is something else as the effects ripple on.

I suppose ford could put out a list of constrained items, well they do, but the could email it to us, but I imagine all of these are just tips of the ice-berg when it comes to efficient use of resources when trying to build trucks that come in hundreds if not thousands of combinations of color and options. Add in allocations on top of this and the explanation for why each truck is not being built could be particular to that truck.

No need for conspiracies.
Not sure how it's a conspiracy to expect Ford to keep their promise in their Oct 21 email to all hybrid order holders to keep us informed. I am patient but it's their words, not mine.

IPunchCholla

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 E150, 2014 Leaf
Not sure how it's a conspiracy to expect Ford to keep their promise in their Oct 21 email to all hybrid order holders to keep us informed. I am patient but it's their words, not mine.
Mine says to keep in touch with my dealer. Though I would like them to keep me informed, I can’t say they have broken any promises. In fact the have emailed me for every step they have said they would so far ( which is only the first step so far.

View Online
News about your Maverick
Ford
Ford Maverick on the road
Dear Future Maverick Owner:

We're excited to share some great news for all the Makers out there: The first 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid pickups will be on their way in a few short months. Additionally, the Maverick Hybrid has an impressive EPA-estimated 42 MPG in the city.1

The demand has been overwhelming for America's first standard hybrid truck. In fact, it's nearly sold out for the 2022 model year. Luckily there's already one with your name on it, and we're doing everything to build through the queue as quickly as possible. Your 2022 Maverick Hybrid pickup will be delivered next year, and rest assured that we'll continue to keep you updated.

As a special thanks for being one of our first Maverick Hybrid owners, we'll be giving you this really cool Ford FITS Accessory Kit after you take delivery of your new truck. The kit includes a storage bin, cupholder, phone cord organizer, bag hooks and multiple dividers for the underseat storage area; so that whatever you make, you can make the most of it with your Maverick pickup.
Cupholder
storage bin divider
Grocery hook
Maverick is a truly remarkable truck and we can't wait for you to drive it. We're making it just for you, so that you can Make it with Maverick.

Please stay in touch with your Ford Dealer for further information.

1Actual mileage will vary.

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
I could be way wrong but feel buying a new vehicle especially 1 in lots of demand will be difficult the next few years. (Like 3 to 5 this could also become the norm next 10 if there is a bottle neck in EV.)

When the world shut down almost 2 years ago everything stopped. Vehicle production stopped and then when started was constrained.

The lost vehicles will never be made. Basically there is a big hole in vehicle supply that will take many years to fill. Add to that inflation. Interesting times. Just sit tight if you don't need a new vehicle right this second and you will be a winner in the end.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A lot of hate on this forum.

I too might be wandering off of the Maverick never-ending reservation. I found an incoming (in transit) Bronco Sport Badlands. I now have a fully refundable deposit on it. If it comes in before I get a Maverick anything (e.g. VIN or estimated build date), I will likely move on down the road in the Bronco Sport BL. I ordered the Maverick June 11th, still waiting....

I'm not sure if I will cancel the Maverick order. I might just let it eventually happen and hope that the market on these things remain strong. In that light, are there opinions out there on whether it would be better to get a fully loaded Hybrid Maverick (Lariat + Lariat Lux + Sunroof + Co-pilot) or a stripped down version? Right now my order is loaded, but I could (assuming no VIN) change it to a base model.
My opinion would be to hold onto your Maverick order because you've nothing to lose and everything to gain. With next week's scheduling supposedly to push out some big numbers you might get your build date finally. If for some reason you still didn't have one by time the Bronco shows up, then if you can do it, flip the Maverick once it does arrive. You've probably seen on the forum what kind of markups dealers are adding to Maverick so there's a means to make a quick profit if wanted too. As far as which Maverick trim to get I would shoot for the middle of the road XLT with LUX and 360 packages, perhaps sunroof. Just my 2 cents.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
Would love to be a fly on the wall for this "negotiation".

Dealer: your truck's on its way.
James D: I'm don't really want it! But- I will totally take delivery if you don't "split the profit" with me. I have all the leverage!
Dealer: uh, ok bro.

Don't hand the keys back to the dealer for free unless he agrees to split the profit with you. Or resell it yourself it is easy.

Sponsored

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Being that I am a production planner in a manufacturing field, I can confirm that the supply chain issues are very real. We are seeing huge lead times and vendors pushing out delivery dates because of their own supply chain issues.

I for one am happy to shift to direct from manufacturer ordering. The dealership sales model in its current form sucks sometimes and dealerships like Long McArthur are few and far between. I ordered from the fleet manager at my dealership and it's been an amazing experience. I can't say the same about my other car buying experiences though.

Paul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon. It is not that hard for the ford dealer or Ford to reach out to their customers and up date them. This problem is not a supply issue, it is a communications issue and lack of concern to the customers. Just update the customers. I think this would along way with the buyer.

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
I am sick of people buying into the supply chain issues....It is all done on purpose for control....Soon we will be like China- no dealerships, but ordering centers....Stop with the pandemic excuses. It’s all about control....It’s trying to force a new normal.
Ford Maverick Fat Lady has sung R

Ford Maverick Fat Lady has sung tenor

Ford Maverick Fat Lady has sung 66735a94705647947b0456bdf914b046.450x252x11

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I love the if only Ford updated me with no update. If Ford did that, there would just be something else to be upset about.