stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why even cancel at this point? Just forget about it and when it comes in maybe you'll change your mind. If not just walk away.
From a personal standpoint, this is exactly what I'd do, especially because there is literally no comparable alternative. But for the rest of, this is another build that will go to a dealership to mark-up, leave that build slot to someone who ordered.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It does try your patience! I'm not desperate for delivery, knew from the get-go it would be a long wait...accepted that. The delay delivery was not the aggravating part for me....ONLY the lack of communication from Ford...they could have simply told me "We don't know", "Jan 2022," "Nov 2021"....all would have been acceptable...but scheduling a build, missing the date, and then crickets, again and again was taxing.

Thought about looking for something else, then ....TODAY (Tuesday 23rd Nov 10:00 AM) received my Ford Notification Email that my order has moved to "Building In Process" - 11/29/21.

My suggestion for others is hang in there...they's really nothing else out there close to the specs and price of the Maverick.

Edit: Just saw an XL Eco-Boost FWD at Jim Ellis Ford (base XL, rear window, ($999) Spray-in bedliner, $800 Tinted front windows. $400 mud flaps= $28,900 for a base model XL. Some dealers are really jacking up prices.

Last edited:

My1stFord

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am an October order but knew that the wait was going to be long. When y'all ordered in June and July, did they tell you it's going to be 6 months or a moving target, something like that?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Zepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman S, Maverick XLT (Alto Blue), Altrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I GOT MY BUILD CONFIRMATION THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOwhoooooo!! (sorry to post high-jack OP)

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! I ordered June 11th. After confirmation and then two postponements and crickets for an additional 3 weeks. I got built. My truck is scheduled to be delivered 6 months to the week when i ordered it on June 11th.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also anytime I get upset about the wait, or the fact I have another 6 months to go - I think about the fact I've locked in a Hybrid truck for 23,575 and I know when Ford opens the orders for MY23 that price will be closer to (if not over) $25k.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cool! Another Mav freed up for someone who will appreciate it :cool: Please make sure to come back after you find your better alternative and tell us all about it while hating on Ford for causing you so much misery :ROFLMAO:

PCL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline (stopped waiting on Maverick)
I just know its 1 less vehicle Ford will be selling
Hate to break it to ya, but Ford will sell 100% of the vehicles they're able to produce for the foreseeable future.

Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am an October order but knew that the wait was going to be long. When y'all ordered in June and July, did they tell you it's going to be 6 months or a moving target, something like that?
The only "official" word was "Fall 2021". When I ordered on June 14 my best guess was Thanksgiving. My hybrid was built October 8th and is waiting for the release to ship. It would have made Thanksgiving if it wasn't for (insert theory here) whatever the real hybrid holdup is.

IPunchCholla

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 E150, 2014 Leaf

When I ordered July 13th, my sales guy said best case scenario would be between thanksgiving and Christmas. But that the new year was more likely, with late winter or early spring being possible. It’s looking like at least the later for me. Which is fine until there is something comparable (price, options, MPG) available.

Amakrida

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered in June. Scheduled to be built the week of December 13th. I wish it would've been sooner. However, it is what it is. I know the supply chains are what they are and I need to be patient. Ford wants to sell is trucks, it is what they do. They aren't purposely slowing us down. It's not like they're sitting on a boatload of chips and just don't feel like making the trucks.

Why are people so impatient?

AnyYearNow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 MDX
I sympathize with Tom. Yes, the holdup is because of the pandemic-fueled supply shortages. But, there was a pandemic and supply shortages when Ford announced deliveries beginning in fall 2021. That would imply that the supply shortages were taken in to account when the fall 2021 estimate was given. Apparently not. Many people ordered the Maverick because they were under the impression (that Ford gave them) that deliveries would begin in fall 2021. Now, Ford may deliver a few hybrid Mavericks within that technical time frame, but they have until December 20th to do that. Unless they're in transit like, yesterday, it doesn't look that even that will happen. So yes, in my opinion, Tom has a valid complaint considering almost every single hybrid will be delivered late winter 2022, at best. Keep in mind Ford knew there were supply shortages when they gave the 2021 estimate. Remember, not everyone ordered it to have a 5th toy car to play with. That said, I'm still going to wait for mine. No one can match the usefulness/price of the Maverick. It's worth the wait. Just have to deal with everyone I told about the Maverick asking me where my new truck is while chuckling. And having to explain it over and over without sounding like a sucker.
Sponsored