First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
B&P tool for electric F150 now online. Base model is a pretty inexpensive electric truck.

https://shop.ford.com/configure/f150-lightning/model/customize
Base model does have some nice standard features....but the range is really low. EPA 230 miles, which as the battery degrades (or with lots of accessory use like heat/ac/etc) will end up being much less. I'm sure it's good for the average person, but I'd have some range anxiety with that.

OldSoulNewMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Might as well order the electric maverick....you might get it first.

Resized_20220104_122952.jpeg
Ford announced (just this morning) a significant boost to lightning production. It won't be close to 3 years. But it won't be quick, either.

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided
Staggered ordering will open up soon for reservation holders. Pricing changed quite a bit on the XLT. Initially you were able to get the extended range battery for $10,000.00, now it's $19,500.00 on XLT. Looks like the Lariat is the better deal if you wanted the big battery.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for posting the link. The CGI trucks look like low-slung basset hounds when playing with the config.

I know FORD wants to increase production numbers, but-damn, where are all the batteries coming from?

As a reservation holder, I planned on driving a Maverick for a few years before the PRO shows up. 🤷‍♂️

Watch the CES announcements this week...things are going to get more interesting...:alien:

OP
OP
TacoHolder

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
Staggered ordering will open up soon for reservation holders. Pricing changed quite a bit on the XLT. Initially you were able to get the extended range battery for $10,000.00, now it's $19,500.00 on XLT. Looks like the Lariat is the better deal if you wanted the big battery.
That $32.5K price jump from the Pro is brutal. The $10K premium package on the XLT is also misleading. It's really a Lariat without leather and a handful of minor options missing. A Rivian at just under $70K would be a better deal than any Lightning with a big battery.

Last edited:

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sheesh, and you only get 70 additional miles of range for that $20 grand

OP
OP
TacoHolder

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
Thanks for posting the link. The CGI trucks look like low-slung basset hounds when playing with the config.

I know FORD wants to increase production numbers, but-damn, where are all the batteries coming from?

As a reservation holder, I planned on driving a Maverick for a few years before the PRO shows up. 🤷‍♂️

Watch the CES announcements this week...things are going to get more interesting...:alien:
I have a day 2 reservation. It's Pro or nothing for me. That $13K extra for XLT is not even near worth it.

Sponsored

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Might as well buy a hybrid Maverick XL and get 500 miles of extra range.
Bed Payload would cover a good generator...maybe drive around with that in the back?

Most truck owners just haul air anyway.

Ford Maverick F150 Lightning Build & Price Online 1641343628745

FlyingScot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Eco Lux FX4 4K CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Too much $$. Price will come down / will need to come down before interested.

OP
OP
TacoHolder

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
Too much $$. Price will come down / will need to come down before interested.
To be fair, the Lightning Pro is the cheapest super crew 4x4 F-150 that Ford makes. An equivalent XL with no options at all costs $500 more. $40K is pretty cheap for an electric vehicle.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That $32.5K price jump from the Pro is brutal. The $10K premium package on the XLT is also misleading. It's really a Lariat without leather and a handful of minor options missing. A Rivian at just under $70K would be a better deal than any Lightning with a big battery.
Except in the rolling the dice that Rivian will be around as long as Ford part.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE, MachE, Explorer, C10
Engine
Undecided