Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Im very close to doing this, if the weather just warms up a bit more.
I have a quick question.
If the BCM sends power to each fog light with those 2 wires you pinned to it and ran through the firewall....where did you get the grounds for each light?
So basically i bring the 2 power cables to the front bumper harness and ground i used the same.ground of the sidemarker bulbs. But with the wire harness i make for ppl i put a cable for ground with a eyelid for 10 mm next to the conector theres a hole you can install it there. I put a picture so you can see.

Ford Maverick F-150 Fog Lamp Switch and Wire Harness Installed in Maverick - DIY 20240202_193139

Ford Maverick F-150 Fog Lamp Switch and Wire Harness Installed in Maverick - DIY 20240202_193152

OP
OP
Vtec87pr1

Vtec87pr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

hi guys im making a wire diagram to try to simplify the job for you guys can you guys give me an idea so i can make it easier for you guys to install it yourself i will take any advice thanks . heres something im in the procces of making. heres an example of pin install on the youtube link.

The wires i will try putting labels on them and the pins will have blue and red shrink tubing so you know wich one its left and right.

WIRING DEMO.jpg

20230319_153633.jpg

20230319_154222.jpg
just in case ppl need this information

Automan21

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So basically i bring the 2 power cables to the front bumper harness and ground i used the same.ground of the sidemarker bulbs. But with the wire harness i make for ppl i put a cable for ground with a eyelid for 10 mm next to the conector theres a hole you can install it there. I put a picture so you can see.

20240202_193139.jpg

20240202_193152.jpg
Perfect, thanks!!

MikeNg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I installed the F-150 Powerboost light switch and now have a working fog light setup on my hybrid.

The switch is a fairly straightforward swap out and in. The wiring side was also pretty simple although WT-1004 turned out to not be the right size. I suspect it's one size smaller (WT-1003?) which I happened to have from saving some other Ford connectors, but I'll be able to measure and confirm when I get back in to work tomorrow.

FORScan settings are mostly self-explanatory. Enter 'Fog' into the search field on the BCM and that will show all of the relevant ones. I did have to set my 'Front Fog Lamp Usage' to 'Fog Light' instead; 'Power Supply' just seemed to have them on all the time initially. You can also set if you want them to stay on alongside High Beams. I also had to go into the IPC (instrument cluster) settings and set 'Fog Lamps Available' to 'Enable' for the dash indicator to work.
Does anyone know how to program the cluster with a 6.5" screen via FORScan to show the fog light indicator? I checked the IPC and couldn't find the "Fog Lamps Available" option. I have a 22 Hybrid Lariat.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Vtec87pr1

Vtec87pr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Does anyone know how to program the cluster with a 6.5" screen via FORScan to show the fog light indicator? I checked the IPC and couldn't find the "Fog Lamps Available" option. I have a 22 Hybrid Lariat.
Can you send me a picture of your options on the ipc screen ?

marp

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura, Honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
nevermind lol the "Fog Lamps Available" was one of a few options that is written in a different language on my forscan lol Everything works now! Thanks
How was it listed? Asking because I plan to add fog lights and also have the larger screen instrument cluster.

MikeNg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How was it listed? Asking because I plan to add fog lights and also have the larger screen instrument cluster.
If your forscan is in English, you should be able to search for the keyword "fog" in the IPC module.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Vtec87pr1

Vtec87pr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Will you be able to help me with wiring or can you make me one.
I can make you one or assist you doesn't matter to me. If i make you one im going to need to know what kind of lights your using .

Abel7847

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Abel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can make you one or assist you doesn't matter to me. If i make you one im going to need to know what kind of lights your using .
I have an XL hybrid and planning on to get the diode dynamics foglamp kit.

OP
OP
Vtec87pr1

Vtec87pr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have an XL hybrid and planning on to get the diode dynamics foglamp kit.
In that case you only need one wire from Bcm to the diode dynamics wire harness and your done and change the settings on forscan to enable the foglights and fog lights switch

A.Bursell

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

In that case you only need one wire from Bcm to the diode dynamics wire harness and your done and change the settings on forscan to enable the foglights and fog lights switch
Has anyone looked into this setup to see if the DD setup just uses a big relay? I would like to do the same DD with factory switch but prefer to eliminate as much potential failure as possible and go from the BCM direct to the lights if it would work.

Automan21

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone looked into this setup to see if the DD setup just uses a big relay? I would like to do the same DD with factory switch but prefer to eliminate as much potential failure as possible and go from the BCM direct to the lights if it would work.
Yes this ^^
Sponsored