First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What transmission/make was your car that needed a new tranny at 91k?
I purchased the extended warranty the day I pick up my truck (4/15/2022 just for peace of mind. My last vehicle was a 2013 Lexus RX350 I also bought the extended warranty and I did use it . Basically I just went with my gut.
Sponsored

DeeZee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT Luxury Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I say absolutely not.

1. This is a value car. You remove the value by adding unnecessary things.
2. Better insurance is more frequent fluid changes. Go Amsoil and see how much build up you get, Or top end Penzoil.
3. Invest the $2k in a good S&P stock or ETF. I would suggest QQQor PYPL. You will have a down payment on your next vehicle instead of a worthless warranty.
4. Make more money so you stop worrying about stupid things happening.
5. If your still nervous, get a Toyota or buy the Hybrid
5. Is spot on

NOLAguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Extended warranty? Never ever, ever!!!! On any vehicle, home, electronics or tangible object! (ok life insurance).

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see this is still an ongoing debate. Your extended warranty money is much better spent/invested elsewhere. The concerns - especially regarding LED headlights - are massively overblown. For one, by the time the trucks are out of warranty, the supply chain should be better. And 2 - $1000 would suck, but is not a budget buster. LEDs are extremely reliable and last a very long time. It sounds like some of you need Corollas (although there are those pesky LED headlights again).

Waste your money if you like. The rest of us can spend wisely.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I purchased the extended warranty the day I pick up my truck (4/15/2022 just for peace of mind. My last vehicle was a 2013 Lexus RX350 I also bought the extended warranty and I did use it . Basically I just went with my gut.
I'm with you, I did the same thing.

Sponsored

Tcm777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Extended warranty? Never ever, ever!!!! On any vehicle, home, electronics or tangible object! (ok life insurance).
Master mechanic. Always get the extended warranty on a vehicle that is in the 1st few years if production. After about 5 years your good. But they will always be buggy the first couple of years. Never buy it from the dealership. All after market add ons are pure profit from them yes warranties are an addon. Shop online for the extended warranty (Flood Granger) you will save major money. If you have the hybrid that system will have the 8 year warranty. But you would be suprised how many items are not covered for even 5 years. Buy the Ford warranty when you get the unit from the online plan you choose. Remember that the online plan will always be from when you took delivery of the unit and that mileage. So if you buy a 5 year Ford plan 3 years after purchase you will only have it for 2 more years. But if you have it from the beginning it will cover some items that are not covered under the basic vehicle warranty. Some things like a New Battery for your unit are never covered. This alone will run from 150-200 and are only good 3 years. So anything you can get covered it worthwhile on a new model vehicle.

ripperAZ

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MachE 2021 Genesis G90 2032 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello, hope everyone enjoyed the weekend.
Would like to ask all of new owners of the Maverick, will you consider to purchase the extended warranty, such as Ford Premium Care which can cover up to 8 years or 150,000 miles.
My concern is that this is a brand new model, there is no enough information for reliability, the repair cost could be high because there are so many technology and controls are based on computer chips and codes. You may not even can find an independent tech to read the code.
I have been a owner of a brand new model car back in 2011, the transmission has to be rebuilt at year 7, ~ 91,000 miles which caused a fortune because all my warranty was expired.
I know there is not a definite answer for my question, just want to hear all suggestions and advices to help me out.
Thanks again.
Absolutely buy a Ford branded extended warranty but don’t buy it from your dealer obviously buy it online at about 40% off and configure it with the most miles the least 0 deductible and all the coverages you can because it’s great at resale and you’ll never have an issue ever dealing with your dealer no questions about whether it’s covered or not. It’s just done. every time I resell my vehicles never as a trade-in I always get top dollar cost for $100 transfer fee. They have a warranty that covers everything well past 125,000 miles really it’s the best deal on buying a car especially since you can get it about 40% off online. Jes sayin

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So the conclusion is:

Yes, definitely get the extended warranty, but
Absolutely do not get the extended warranty.

Simple answer to a simple question.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got 8 year, 100k warranty for $1,500. With no life span data, I'd rather err on the side of safe. My gut says I'll be glad I have it before all is said and done. Got it from Flood Ford, used my Ford pass points so it was a couple hundred less.

ladyhawkgt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I got 8 year, 100k warranty for $1,500. With no life span data, I'd rather err on the side of safe. My gut says I'll be glad I have it before all is said and done. Got it from Flood Ford, used my Ford pass points so it was a couple hundred less.
does it cover the headlights?

Sponsored

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I say yes. I ordered one. New model truck.. I have no idea how well it will hold up.. If I never have a repair I will have peace of mind for 8 years.

Cost is equivalent of 4 trips to Costco, one long airplane flight, two days in San Diego, or one expensive dog vet issue. 😎

Last edited:

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With this being first model year, I did opt in for more coverage, but not through the selling dealership. I got a better offer from a different dealership.

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What are the odds that I'm also getting a Maverick and currently driving a 2013 Rx350 🤣

Ragtime Billy Peaches

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f250 Crew Diesel 4x4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At $1.500 yes,,, but at $3,300 different story. Sure getting the Shaft in California now that we can't but online.
Sponsored