Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Oh, don't get me started on those ragga fragga bluish-white xenon headlamps.

(n)
I dont know about you but on I live on Hana Hwy. Going through the gulches completely blinded buy a thousand convertible mustangs, tahoes, and wranglers is a hell of white knuckle experience.
Sponsored

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm guessing that screen will have dimming feature along with everything in front of the steering wheel.
Instrument cluster dimming control is adjacent to headlight modes switch, IIRC. Also, I think, simultaneously affects the level of ambient lighting - behind the climate controls and the like.

Screen brightness is a separate feature accessed via the screen itself .

JustDoIt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon, '17 JKU Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why don't yall go pump you some water from the well and put it in a hand carved cup and go ride your horse into town... Then go home and sleep on some hay on a board.

C'mon... seriously?

There's good reasons why technology exists... it makes life easier, better, safer. It's not all necessary, but it's sure nice.

Is it just "cool" to reject technology? Funny how you select which ones... air conditioning & heat is good.. lights & power to tow.. you sleep in a house, on a mattress, and post on here with a computer or a mobile phone.... I think you'll be fine with a digital dash and radio

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I dont know about you but on I live on Hana Hwy. Going through the gulches completely blinded buy a thousand convertible mustangs, tahoes, and wranglers is a hell of white knuckle experience.
More one lane bridges than you can shake a stick at (if that's your idea of a good time).

😉

Sponsored

testa422

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why don't yall go pump you some water from the well and put it in a hand carved cup and go ride your horse into town... Then go home and sleep on some hay on a board.

C'mon... seriously?

There's good reasons why technology exists... it makes life easier, better, safer. It's not all necessary, but it's sure nice.

Is it just "cool" to reject technology? Funny how you select which ones... air conditioning & heat is good.. lights & power to tow.. you sleep in a house, on a mattress, and post on here with a computer or a mobile phone.... I think you'll be fine with a digital dash and radio
110% agree. This truck is BY FAR the “oldest” car I’ve ever owned in terms of people who drive it. It’s baffling sometimes what gets said here

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

C'mon... seriously?

Touch screens in cars definitely do not make things easier safer or better. These screens add a bright distraction in night driving, are slow to respond, force you to take your eyes off the road to use them, and glitch out randomly. Not easy to operate when you are rolling down the road.

dgnx6

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Disclaimer—I really hate high tech stuff. Pay my bills with checks, no ATM, no EZPass, never had a computer, never had a pager, only reason I have an iPhone is because it was a birthday gift. So that being said, currently have a 2012 Chevy Colorado with no electric screen thingy. If I can get away with it, I will put photos and post it notes on the screen, as if it were a refrigerator. Is there anything on there that I HAVE to use? Can I turn on the truck, the radio,, heat, air conditioning without using it?
Considering its 2022, I wouldnt consider the actual screen the high tech stuff. Under the hood is more hi tech than that.

JustDoIt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Touch screens in cars definitely do not make things easier safer or better. These screens add a bright distraction in night driving, are slow to respond, force you to take your eyes off the road to use them, and glitch out randomly. Not easy to operate when you are rolling down the road.
They dim/change color at night.

They don't force you to take your eyes off the road - in fact they're better than using your phone for similar things like GPS. You also look in the same place as you did before for radio details, but now it's in glaring numbers like 96.3FM vs looking at a line on a little horizontal gauge.

They don't glitch out randomly. I mean they do, but not enough to be a point here. Seriously. They work like pretty damn near much all the time. And if they don't, they do a quick reset and you're good again.

You shouldn't be operating it when rolling down the road, and shouldn't need to. You've got physical buttons on the steering wheel. In fact, they know this and they restrict things that ARE dangerous to do while in motion/not in park..

Touch screens DO make it easier to access a LOT more features than we've ever had before.

dgnx6

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

So does any radio. I mean people have been killing people in cars screwing with a dial well before these vehicles came stock with "screens".

Sponsored

JustDoIt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Considering its 2022, I wouldnt consider the actual screen the high tech stuff. Under the hood is more hi tech than that.
That tech good, this tech bad.

The real thing is many just don't understand it (or refuse to try).

Like the headlights thing.. Someone in here already said something about those darn things...

Guess what - brighter lights is a GOOD thing. And they're done CORRECTLY, not like the ones you hate where someone threw some HID bulbs in a halogen housing without cutoffs.

Technology is a good thing - and to be honest, this is the least technology vehicle you may get....

testa422

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That tech good, this tech bad.

The real thing is many just don't understand it (or refuse to try).

Like the headlights thing.. Someone in here already said something about those darn things...

Guess what - brighter lights is a GOOD thing. And they're done CORRECTLY, not like the ones you hate where someone threw some HID bulbs in a halogen housing without cutoffs.

Technology is a good thing - and to be honest, this is the least technology vehicle you may get....
THIS!! Headlight technology is PHENOMENAL

JustDoIt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So does any radio. I mean people have been killing people in cars screwing with a dial well before these vehicles came stock with "screens".
Yes, these newfangled whiz-bang screens are too distracting.

This here is the easiest way to find a radio station!

Ford Maverick Electric Screen in Mavericks 1643237117952

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What I would do is when you go to pick up your truck, have the sales person set your two radio stations and show you how to select them. Then that would be all you need to do. I basically use one radio station and my flashdrive. I believe you can dim the screen so it won't be too bright.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm kinda the same way. I really like my 2014 rav4 because I am given the option of keeping the screen off when not in use. Hoping there is a similar setting for the Maverick.
Sponsored