Stock411

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Credit to this kind stranger on Reddit, easiest speaker upgrade to the Mav using existing wiring harness and plug and play!

Credit to BlakesCars2 for the useful video guide

Ok, This is the product link here goes for $129, but its literally drop in and no existing modifications required includes upgrading the tweeters too.

Ford Maverick Easy Speakers Upgrade -- drop in and no existing modifications required tempImagePCQixy
Ford Maverick Easy Speakers Upgrade -- drop in and no existing modifications required tempImageu5VONV

Installed with this video guide (front)
Tweeter Installation video guide

Install Notes
* I recommend a plastic pry tool for door panels, you can easily get one from crutchfield or amazon.
* The plastics are tight, grip firmly and give it a little tug and eventually the plastic clips will give.
* The included foam on the new speaker is thick, the door panel will need some "Convincing" to snap back especially @ the bottom.

The video guide shows the door panel being tucked away to the side, I found that difficult.. imo Disconnecting the door lock mechanism was easy,
One tab and it releases as a whole and it just snaps back into place. You might need to move the actual manual door lock to "sync" its position.

Ford Maverick Easy Speakers Upgrade -- drop in and no existing modifications required C8318F91-84F0-40ED-8BBE-9EC9A5260B23_1_201_a
Ford Maverick Easy Speakers Upgrade -- drop in and no existing modifications required E4AA31D8-FAF0-44E6-80E9-70A0C4CD3262_1_201_a

Old vs new speaker
Ford Maverick Easy Speakers Upgrade -- drop in and no existing modifications required tempImageKg2b7
Ford Maverick Easy Speakers Upgrade -- drop in and no existing modifications required tempImageQ7r5JL

The tweeters will drop in to the housing using the original wiring harness and adaptor that comes in the box.
Ford Maverick Easy Speakers Upgrade -- drop in and no existing modifications required tempImageQnRwOG
Ford Maverick Easy Speakers Upgrade -- drop in and no existing modifications required tempImage3kTkqX

Overall I'm impressed at this drop in DIY, takes the guesswork of finding the correct depth, harness and fitment.
Huge improvement to the low end, mid's and high's. The audio system before the upgrade was very muddy even after messing with EQ settings.
Sponsored

Magog

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m still waiting for my truck, but would like to order this now so I can switch them out right away. How many speakers (6.5”) do I purchase? Are front and rear same speakers. Do I have to order the tweeters separately? If so, could you post info on those? Thanks.

OP
OP

Stock411

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m still waiting for my truck, but would like to order this now so I can switch them out right away. How many speakers (6.5”) do I purchase? Are front and rear same speakers. Do I have to order the tweeters separately? If so, could you post info on those? Thanks.
Just one set of 6 1/2, the rear speakers are a different size.

Sponsored

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Credit to this kind stranger on Reddit, easiest speaker upgrade to the Mav using existing wiring harness and plug and play!

Ok, This is the product link here goes for $129, but its literally drop in and no existing modifications required includes upgrading the tweeters too.

tempImagePCQixy.jpg
tempImageu5VONV.png

Install Notes
* I recommend a plastic pry tool for door panels, you can easily get one from crutchfield or amazon.
* The plastics are tight, grip firmly and give it a little tug and eventually the plastic clips will give.
* The included foam on the new speaker is thick, the door panel will need some "Convincing" to snap back especially @ the bottom.

The video guide shows the door panel being tucked away to the side, I found that difficult.. imo Disconnecting the door lock mechanism was easy,
One tab and it releases as a whole and it just snaps back into place. You might need to move the actual manual door lock to "sync" its position.

C8318F91-84F0-40ED-8BBE-9EC9A5260B23_1_201_a.jpeg
E4AA31D8-FAF0-44E6-80E9-70A0C4CD3262_1_201_a.jpeg

Old vs new speaker
tempImageKg2b7g.png
tempImageQ7r5JL.png

The tweeters will drop in to the housing using the original wiring harness and adaptor that comes in the box.
tempImageQnRwOG.png
tempImage3kTkqX.png

Overall I'm impressed at this drop in DIY, takes the guesswork of finding the correct depth, harness and fitment.
Huge improvement to the low end, mid's and high's. The audio system before the upgrade was very muddy even after messing with EQ settings.
Thanks for the post with awesome details. Your hints will help us all that are planning to upgrade. Great job.

The Speaker Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 A51 Lariat Lux CP360 SIBL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

JerseyMike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is there a set that drops in for the rears too?

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is there a set that drops in for the rears too?
From what I have seen/read the rears are a nightmare to replace and don't make a big difference compared to what you get by upgrading the door speakers -

The Hater

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Yukon

tempImagePCQixy.jpg
tempImageu5VONV.png

Install Notes

C8318F91-84F0-40ED-8BBE-9EC9A5260B23_1_201_a.jpeg
E4AA31D8-FAF0-44E6-80E9-70A0C4CD3262_1_201_a.jpeg

Old vs new speaker
tempImageKg2b7g.png
tempImageQ7r5JL.png

tempImageQnRwOG.png
tempImage3kTkqX.png

Thank you for spreading the knowledge. I've been wanting to do a speaker upgrade but didn't want to go full on audio file with it. I tried to see if there was a 4" set from this company on Amazon as well, but couldn't find any definitive information that they would work. Obviously they have the correct size, but the only mention in a customer review for them was for Bose audio systems and the buyer set them up in an Audi. So not sure if the wiring harness would match up, if it had one at all.

If anyone from this thread is able to find a plug and play set of 4" speakers for the rear please tag me.

Last edited:

MightyNando

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy Silverado, sounds like it's giving up.
I'm not doing this to my Maverick just yet I'm working on some lights but it's amazing that we have people like you that take their time to show others how to do things I greatly appreciate and droping into you really thank you!!!!

Chowdayer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick 2.0 XLT FX4 Lightning Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you for spreading the knowledge. I've been wanting to do a speaker upgrade but didn't want to go full on audio file with it. I tried to see if there was a 4" set from this company on Amazon as well, but couldn't find any definitive information that they would work. Obviously they have the correct size, but the only mention in a customer review for them was for Bose audio systems and the buyer set them up in an Audi. So not sure if the wiring harness would match up, if it had one at all.

If anyone from this thread is able to find a plug and play set of 4" speakers for the rear please tag me.
I used this speaker harness to install these speakers in the rear. Fit perfect.

Ford Bronco (2021+), Ford Maverick (2022+) Speaker Wiring Harness Grey
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_20647KSC40/Kicker-47KSC404.html?omnews=17613083
Sponsored