First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think a lot of people where worry about the drop in but they have nothing to worry about great product
I have a lux with SIBL. When did they stop?

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Let me ask you this...do you feel like this DIBL is snug and not going to move around?

I think the common criticism is that DIBLs slide around and scratch up the paint and will eventually cause rust.

I wonder if that will happen with this Ford DIBL or not. But also aren't their drain holes in the bed as well?

I guess I'm just wondering if the "bed will rust out if you have a DIBL" thing is a bit overplayed.
Let's face it. Most of the people in this site are going to be the ones that, most likely, will take care of their vehicles. So most of us won't have issues like rust under the bed liner. There are things I like about the SIBL like the traction and tooth. Things I like about DIBL, like the ability to replace it if it gets weather-checked or nasty.
As someone that washes his truck if it isn't below 30 degrees and stormy, I think I can safely say my vehicles always re-sell for top dollar. I bet most of the folks on this site can say similar things.

Sponsored

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure, but sometime before 12/28/2021. That's when I placed my order with the lux package and much to my surprise (and the salesman's) the order showed a DIBL after he printed it out.
Glad I got mine when I did then. I really like the spray in. I could have gone with drop in but the added thickness would have made it ugly trying to fit my welder and generator under the tonneau cover. They just barely fit now and I mean less than an 1/8' between the cover and the generator air cleaner.

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hmmm...that doesn't look too bad. I got my order done on Jan 24, just a few days before the orders were shut off and my lux pkg XLT order had obviously been changed to a DIBL at that point. I am not too sure I mind after seeing some of the pics.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm guessing should a SIBL get stained, scratched, or faded it can be fairly easily touched up with a light re-coat, no? I had a DIBL in a Toyota truck once and it was OK, but did scuff the bed underneath and trap water. My '03 Explorer Sport Trac has a composite bed which has been great... wish they had done that somehow with the Maverick. The ST also has rubber floors, no carpet, which I wish they offered on the Maverick too.

Sponsored

Crimpp

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Looks nice! I'm not a fan of them mainly because of the possibility of water getting trapped between the liner and the bed itself. I prefer
Ford Maverick Drop in bed liner installed better than expected! 20220410_124527
spray-on bed liners myself for that reason.
They actually have drainage holes in the bed. On all my previous f150s I would have to make my own but I'm impressed with the drop in liner. Took me 1 hour to install at home.

Ford Maverick Drop in bed liner installed better than expected! 20220410_124531

Ford Maverick Drop in bed liner installed better than expected! 20220410_124525

rch75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As someone who's installed this, I can now say this does not qualify as a "DROP IN" Bed Liner.

Opportunities for improvement:
1) Include factory dots for bolt hole locations for all fasteners on the exposed side of the installed bed (instead of inside)
2) make the pocket covers installed over the bedliner, not under
3) precut or pre-mark the holes the 12V cover plate snaps into so the cover snaps onto the bedliner instead of revealing it through an oversized hole in the liner.

Not liking the sides of this DIBL yet. Trying to install and being asked to cut 1-1/4" diam holes to run like 1/4" diam bolts through them. I see them as huge entry points for dust and water. Now that it's all installed there's big gaps at the aft end of the sidewalls. There's some other device that bolts to this surface with three bolts (bed extender I think) that would sandwich the liner against the body here if I had it.

I see debris getting in these holes as the #1 failure point of the coating under the DIBL and #1 cause of future rust.

The directions Ford posted on Youtube include the cargo management system, which I don't have, so the drill out locations along that rail are wrong. They don't include one of my cargo tie downs. Ford was nice enough to mark the location of the holes to be drilled on the liner. Unfortunately, they're on the underside. Meaning, if you want to add the cargo management system LATER (or DIY system using those mounting holes), you have to drill them now before installing the liner; or try to uninstall the bedrails in the future (not sure how hard that is yet).

12V power plate cover, they recommend cutting a hole out of the liner so big the paint will be exposed around it's perimeter (probably so you can grab it and putt it through easily. Instead I'm going to cut a 2"x1-3/8" hole and try to snap the 12V cover into the bedliner, making the penetration dust proof.

All the work they did to make the bed cool, the pocket storage, the 12V power, etc. is all getting covered up and made inaccessible or less accessible and less modifiable thanks to the short comings of the DIBL.

Also, if you were wondering, the side pocket storage insert assembly, can be installed on either side. If you didn't get both sides from the factory like me, you could order a duplicate from Ford, or wait for aftermarket improved versions, or pull from a future wrecked Maverick.

Ford Maverick Drop in bed liner installed better than expected! IMG_4714

Ford Maverick Drop in bed liner installed better than expected! IMG_4660

Ford Maverick Drop in bed liner installed better than expected! IMG_4661

Ford Maverick Drop in bed liner installed better than expected! IMG_4663

Ford Maverick Drop in bed liner installed better than expected! IMG_4655

Ford Maverick Drop in bed liner installed better than expected! IMG_4664

Ford Maverick Drop in bed liner installed better than expected! IMG_4666

Ford Maverick Drop in bed liner installed better than expected! IMG_4667

Ford Maverick Drop in bed liner installed better than expected! IMG_4668

Ford Maverick Drop in bed liner installed better than expected! IMG_4669

Ford Maverick Drop in bed liner installed better than expected! IMG_4670

Ford Maverick Drop in bed liner installed better than expected! IMG_4717

Ford Maverick Drop in bed liner installed better than expected! IMG_4716

Ford Maverick Drop in bed liner installed better than expected! IMG_4719

Ford Maverick Drop in bed liner installed better than expected! IMG_4720

Ford Maverick Drop in bed liner installed better than expected! IMG_4722

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cubican

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1) Include factory dots for bolt hole locations for all fasteners on the exposed side of the installed bed (instead of inside)
3) precut or pre-mark the holes the 12V cover plate snaps into so the cover snaps onto the bedliner instead of revealing it through an oversized hole in the liner.

Not liking the sides of this DIBL yet. Trying to install and being asked to cut 1-1/4" diam holes to run like 1/4" diam bolts through them. I see them as huge entry points for dust and water.

I see debris getting in these holes as the #1 failure point of the coating under the DIBL and #1 cause of future rust.

The directions Ford posted on Youtube include the cargo management system, which I don't have, so the drill out locations along that rail are wrong. They don't include one of my cargo tie downs. Ford was nice enough to mark the location of the holes to be drilled on the liner. Unfortunately, they're on the underside. Meaning, if you want to add the cargo management system LATER (or DIY system using those mounting holes), you have to drill them now before installing the liner; or try to uninstall the bedrails in the future (not sure how hard that is yet).

12V power plate cover, they recommend cutting a hole out of the liner so big the paint will be exposed around it's perimeter (probably so you can grab it and putt it through easily. Instead I'm going to cut a 2"x1-3/8" hole and try to snap the 12V cover into the bedliner, making the penetration dust proof.

All the work they did to make the bed cool, the pocket storage, the 12V power, etc. is all getting covered up and made inaccessible or less accessible and less modifiable thanks to the short comings of the DIBL.

View attachment 47723

View attachment 47725

View attachment 47726

View attachment 47727

View attachment 47728

View attachment 47729

View attachment 47730
You don’t have to drill the 1.25 holes I just drill a hole big enough to tread in an eye bolt

rch75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What became apparent about my undersized holes, was the spacing washer installed under the tie off points. When I tightened down and sandwiched the liner between the body and washers, it's rotomolded plastic properties became apparent. It squished down like foam in a way that probably isn't good for it. But I do feel it's more weather tight.

I was tempted to leave the washers out completely, but they designed the washers so the liner wouldn't get squished. Hope this didn't compromise it somehow.

OP
OP
Cubican

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As someone who's installed this, I can now say this does not qualify as a "DROP IN" Bed Liner.

Not liking the sides of this DIBL yet. Trying to install and being asked to cut 1-1/4" diam holes to run like 1/4" diam bolts through them. I see them as huge entry points for dust and water. Now that it's all installed there's big gaps at the aft end of the sidewalls. There's some other device that bolts to this surface with three bolts (bed extender I think) that would sandwich the liner against the body here if I had it.

Also, if you were wondering, the side pocket storage insert assembly, can be installed on either side. If you didn't get both sides from the factory like me, you could order a duplicate from Ford, or wait for aftermarket improved versions, or pull from a future wrecked Maverick.

IMG_4714.jpg

IMG_4660.jpg

IMG_4661.jpg

IMG_4663.jpg

IMG_4655.jpg

IMG_4664.jpg

IMG_4666.jpg

IMG_4667.jpg

IMG_4668.jpg

IMG_4669.jpg

IMG_4670.jpg

IMG_4717.jpg

IMG_4716.jpg

IMG_4719.jpg

IMG_4720.jpg

IMG_4722.jpg
If you look at the pic with the penny you dint get the bed liner under the molding that’s why there’s a gap
Sponsored