Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
ok-boomer-universal-pictures.gif

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/06/ford-attracts-younger-and-more-female-buyers-with-new-20000-maverick-pickup.html#:~:text=Ford says the 2022 Maverick,overall truck market, Ford said.

With the Mav it seems to be a little different. Some highlights from the article.

• Ford says the 2022 Maverick – about the length of a Toyota full-size sedan but far cheaper – is already succeeding in attracting new, younger and female buyers to the company.
  • About a quarter of buyers are female compared to nearly 90% being male for the overall truck market, Ford said.
  • A quarter also are between the ages of 18 and 35 – double the industry average for that age group.
my mid 20s daughter bought the white XLT
Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford Maverick Don't ruin it for the old guys! 999E5304-CF7D-4D51-8048-8318A9AE87AB

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same lol 42 here. This truck is like driving a hot hatch/SUV/pickup bed that can be thown around corners thanks to AWD and independent front and rear suspension. It's great :D .
Exactly. I whipped a friend's FX4/ECO around and up an onramp and was like damn that back end is tight !

Clifdawg

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm a millennial... But I identify as a boomer.

If anyone needs me, I'll be driving my Maverick back and forth to work every day while providing for my wife and child and generally living out the American dream.

Sponsored

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm 59 and loving my hybrid. Replaced an 18 year old Sport-Track I had since new. No 4wd (I have a Bronco coming to take care of that), but triple the mpg and just as useful! The bed payload on the Maverick is actually a little more than what my Sport-Trac had which was surprising since it was on a frame.

xhristian1

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ES 350
I know Ford designed and marketed this vehicle for millennials, guys with hair buns and hipsters. Nevertheless, this is our truck. It is probably the most functional vehicle ever made and we old dudes figured this out when it was launched. It is the truck equivalent of a bucket hat, belt with a hidden money spot sewn in, belly pack and trousers that let you remove the legs with a zipper! Stop defending it when people dismiss it as a "trucklette" or call it "cute." You are only driving up the price and making it harder to get.

67306617813--11A2436F-9504-4BB9-B13B-536AD9FF647D.jpg
Boomer elitist libs from California are in that demographic as well.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Awesome, I hope she likes it! This truck is for everyone despite whatever age or gender you are. I'm just happy that Ford made a truck that seems to appeal to everyone!:)

Sponsored
OP
OP
KimoCarew

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Marketing does that with basically every vehicle, they'll show some hipsters in it because they want to show its "cool" and youthful, but data mining shows that the average new car buyer is 53. Highschool kids and the like are buying decade old vehicles for the most part, so while they likely will be driving Mavericks, most will be picking them up used years down the road.
So I shouldn't be expecting to see a boomer in a bucket hat holding a fishing pole in the next Mav ad?

OP
OP
KimoCarew

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I keep saying I wish this had been brought to market 30 years ago. I’d probably be on my 4th or 5th one at this point.
If I had a nickel for every letter I wrote Ford begging them for a small hybrid truck...

Captain Pork chop

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know Ford designed and marketed this vehicle for millennials, guys with hair buns and hipsters. Nevertheless, this is our truck. It is probably the most functional vehicle ever made and we old dudes figured this out when it was launched. It is the truck equivalent of a bucket hat, belt with a hidden money spot sewn in, belly pack and trousers that let you remove the legs with a zipper! Stop defending it when people dismiss it as a "trucklette" or call it "cute." You are only driving up the price and making it harder to get.

67306617813--11A2436F-9504-4BB9-B13B-536AD9FF647D.jpg
Don't forget about the plastic change purse in your pocket

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Speaking of age, aren't most millennials approaching mid-life crisis age getting immobilized because they laid on their pillow wrong by now? Hardly youngsters anymore.
Sponsored