Sponsored

Does Econo Mode help much with fuel consumption?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Eco mode may also adjust the hysteresis of the cruise control allowing it to slightly sink below the set speed on uphill slopes instead of just giving it the beans like more aggressive CC tuning.
Sponsored

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

fbov

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape Hybrid
Eco mode can help improve mpg ...
What eco mode does exactly differs somewhat between manufacturers.
And differs between drivetrains. The HF45 ECO mode roughly doubles regen braking, and makes cruise control bearable (NORMAL mode cruise likes to floor it). I can't find anything else it does in the hybrid drivetrain.

EcoBoost is a geared drivetrain and that makes all the difference; ECO mode just needs to short shift lower gears to gain quite a bit. My wife's Sonata Hybrid does exactly that, but then, it's just a torque converter replacement hybrid.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Funny but I have been driving my 2018 RAV4 hybrid in regular Mode and getting about 29 to 30 MPH… My SIL just got a Honda CRV hybrid and uses ECO Mode and was bragging about MPG, so I put the RAV4 into ECO and now get 35 miles to the gallon… so clearly ECO Mode does something… and I haven’t noticed any power loss.
Funny, I did the same exact thing. Son in law got CRV hybrid and was kicking my butt with better MPGs. I’ve had a 18 Rav 4 hybrid since 18 and finally put it in eco mode. 33.5 to 34.5 mpgs now. He told me heat and air conditioning are what’s really effected by ECO mode. Still loving my RAV4.
Sponsored