Sponsored

Does Hybrid Eco Mode make much MPG difference?

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Does it really make much difference in MPG? I read you have to switch to it each time you start up.
There is a posting of a detailed analysis done by an owner on the site somewhere.
In my opinion I think that it does. The only time I feel that the eco mode is an issue is going up hills. It feels like the trans if could shift would be in a lower gear going up hills. I believe that I can feel the truck bog down when going up a steep hill.
I guess the best way to describe it is taking off from a light in second or third gear.
Once I accidentally put mine in performance mode and I swear I that I could watch the gas gauge drop.

dhill59

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2014 MX5 Club
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I prefer the eco mode. My Maverick is like the 99.999% of others and starts off in the normal mode. I bought a “switch” that sets my mode to eco every time I start. Took about 15 minutes to install.

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Personally I have found that Slippery mode outperforms ECO mode for MPG. I typically get 45 MPG on every tank. 550 to 650 miles a tank depending on load and usage of AC.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's interesting - it's three (3) taps on my '22. Been that way since day one... Out of curiosity, what mode does yours go into after each tap?
In my 22 hybrid lariat first edition with lux 360 loaded it is three pushes as fast as you can works. However in my hybrid XLT lux made in Sept 22 it is four pushes that have to be slowed down (slower chip???) to 0.5-0.7 seconds apart. If I push too fast it may miss one or more of my pushes. At which time I may have to but not always have to push twice to move one mode! Apparently the first push requires a couple of seconds for selection screen to be displayed and then the next push advances the selection mode by one. I usually do not wait for selection screens to spring up (spoiled by lariat with it's as fast as you push x times to get where you want). So in XLT I think 0...1...2...3.. as I push for slippery and in lariat I think 123 while push for slippery!!! Actually I think gray..0...1...2...3.. and red123 because I forget to check the fender badge when approaching truck so have to look at hood. 😂😂😂

Sponsored

Reconditioner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Personally I have found that Slippery mode outperforms ECO mode for MPG. I typically get 45 MPG on every tank. 550 to 650 miles a tank depending on load and usage of AC.
That’s what I get with eco, plus I like the braking better.

bglinks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm a retired guy with a '23 Lariat. I have to put it in eco each time I start, but with that i get about 50 mpg in mixed 55 to 35 mph each day, and to be honest, after a stop, the acceleration seems plenty quick to me.

Phil Ricotta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Atlas Blue XLT LUX HYBRID - CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Mav Mod available on E-Bay will put your Maverick into ECO Mode every time you start your vehicle. I used to forget to do mine or inadvertently put it into Tow Mode a few times. It is easy to install and works great. Make sure you order the correct version for Remote Start or Non Remote Start vehicle.
Sponsored