Sponsored

Does anyone know the proper way to remove the Climate Control Unit in a Maverick?

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am going to swap the Climate Control Unit in my MY23 Maverick with this one:

2020 2021 Ford Escape AC Heater Temperature Control Unit OEM

and want to test it in my current MY22 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid.

Are there any videos or instructions in how to properly remove the Climate Control in a Maverick?

If so please post them.
Sponsored

TE37Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did they change it? That’s what my xl hybrid has.

OP
OP
huunvubu

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last edited:

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is sad, that is one of the things I really find convenient in my XL. I would really miss that feature.
I will probably pay for the panel but wondering if the dual temperature icons would still appear in the corners of infotainment screen ?

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Meh, when it's cold bump up the heat when it's warm crank up the air. why do you need a temp display to tell you when it's hot or cold?

ZDesorm

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape SE, Sport Pkg. 1.5 L EB.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Meh, when it's cold bump up the heat when it's warm crank up the air. why do you need a temp display to tell you when it's hot or cold?
Uh... cause we like setting our heat/AC to a certain temperature... :ROFLMAO:🤷‍♂️

Sponsored
OP
OP
huunvubu

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
See attached.
Thank you very much for this. It is exactly what I needed.

I do have additional questions though in regards to steps 1 & the final installation step.

The questions are:

1. what is this diagnostic scan tool? Where to obtain it if needed?

2. is it needed if you are just swapping in a used control unit from a different vehicle?

I plan to swap in this used unit into my XLT Maverick: 2021 Ford Escape AC Heater Temperature Control Unit

This unit came from a 2020-2021 Ford Escape. It has all the same buttons as the one from my Maverick with the exception of additional buttons for a Rear Defroster (not on any Mavericks) and two buttons for Heated Seats (not on my Maverick).

3. will I screw up any configurations in my Maverick just putting in the above unit and not doing any scan tool configurations?

Do you think what I am trying to do will work (just swap units)?

4. When I put the original climate control unit back into my Maverick after the test will it just function as before?

or will it be unrecognized because of the swapping?

Thanks. I am new to this and online posts on this subject don't really help me understand or even mention anything about the diagnostic scan tool or configuration.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The instructions mention:

1. NOTE: If installing a new module, it is necessary to upload the module configuration information to the scan tool prior to removing the module. This information must be downloaded into the new
module after installation.

Using a diagnostic scan tool, begin the PMI process for the HVAC control module following the onscreen instructions.

and

Installation

1. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

2. NOTE: This step is only necessary when installing a new component.

Using a diagnostic scan tool, complete the PMI process for the HVAC control module following the
on-screen instructions.

Last edited:

Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Alto Blu, LUX, Sunroof, delivered 3/18/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't have answers to your questions, I don't know of anyone who has tried this swap yet...

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

For me it was kind of backwards from what you are trying to do because to add nav to my Maverick I swapped out the APIM module with one that has nav, my controls have the digital displays (just made the cutoff point) but the APIM had the climate screen tab enabled so I can see the temp and indeed change the temp from either the dial or the screen. You will have the climate screen enabled already so I don't think you will need to do any programming.

CaptBanana

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Lariat Lux Hybrid, '06 Chevy Cobalt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Reviving this thread to add some important info. My ‘23 Lariat Lux (Built in July 2023) did NOT have the screw between the HVAC module and the dash panel, meaning all of the clip breaking and trim removal wasn’t needed!

Check if your truck has the screw before fussing with trim/screen removal by sticking a piece of paper between the duct as shown in photos 1 and 2. Also, make sure to properly locate the vents on reassembly - there are holes that can be misaligned (4th photo).

I removed the vents by using a junk plastic card to pry one of the upper clips off. The others will come off with a tug after that.

Be VERY careful swapping the heated mirror and recirculation buttons, they are easily scratched. They’re each held with two tabs. Practice on a different button on your truck’s original module first. I scratched the main A/C button on the new module and had to swap it over (3rd photo). Also, make sure you have the light tubes behind the buttons in place. Mine came out with my truck’s buttons.

Overall, this is very easy to do and it truly is plug and play - no Forscan needed. The little screens are FAR more responsive.

For anyone wondering, this is the module for a 2020-2021 Escape. I paid $76 shipped on Ebay.

Ford Maverick Does anyone know the proper way to remove the Climate Control Unit in a Maverick? IMG_4557
Ford Maverick Does anyone know the proper way to remove the Climate Control Unit in a Maverick? IMG_4558
Ford Maverick Does anyone know the proper way to remove the Climate Control Unit in a Maverick? IMG_4559

Ford Maverick Does anyone know the proper way to remove the Climate Control Unit in a Maverick? IMG_4560
Sponsored

Last edited: