22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
Not surprising IMO. This thing is designed like a compact car. Any modern Ford is this way.

If your lazy like me and just want to replace the emblem, just buy a new one and paint that one.

Then, you can use the back of the new one as a template, mark the holes out on your current emblem and drill it out. You won't be able to attach the new one with factory nuts, but just use VHB on the back and it's not going anywhere.
Ford Maverick DIY how-to remove Ford emblem, grille and front bumper cover from 2022 Maverick 1633191108118

Ford Maverick DIY how-to remove Ford emblem, grille and front bumper cover from 2022 Maverick 1633191114801

Ford Maverick DIY how-to remove Ford emblem, grille and front bumper cover from 2022 Maverick 1633191121189

Ford Maverick DIY how-to remove Ford emblem, grille and front bumper cover from 2022 Maverick 1633191127096

OP
OP
Mrboom_5.0

Mrboom_5.0

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bullseyecustomautos.com
Vehicle(s)
02 Lightning, 18 850whp TT F150, 21 whippled F150
Not surprising IMO. This thing is designed like a compact car. Any modern Ford is this way.

If your lazy like me and just want to replace the emblem, just buy a new one and paint that one.

Then, you can use the back of the new one as a template, mark the holes out on your current emblem and drill it out. You won't be able to attach the new one with factory nuts, but just use VHB on the back and it's not going anywhere.
1633191108118.png

1633191114801.png

1633191121189.png

1633191127096.png

Fair, but not everyone wants to buy new emblems lol. Some use their stock stuff

OP
OP
Mrboom_5.0

Mrboom_5.0

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
I wasn't critiquing your methods and I appreciate the video, I'm just saying, many folks won't have the know-how or the ability to pull the whole front end off just to swap an emblem. And for those people, there are simpler ways to accomplish the same task.

A new front emblem is less than $60, and could save somebody a few hours of labor and possibly risking damage to their new front end if they don't know what they're doing in the first place. For a lot of people this will be their first vehicle and probably first to customize as well.

Oh I wasn't disagreeing

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What I got from this is that that day a bird got stuck behind the grill of my Chevy Cruze, I wasn't realistically going to unbolt my front end enough to free the bird. :LOL: Good thing me just trying motivated it enough to escape back through the grill.

Sponsored

Firedon

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
So did you find lights that fit the maverick? any link?

BigT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So Ford say this is the truck for the DIY’r and makes it stupid difficult to change the emblem. Lol. I believe that entire front end could have been designed with way less screws. I think if I decide to do this when my truck arrives I’ll be using 22Mav’s method.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well guys. It's not as simple as I was hoping.

I dig it!! Barely in the garage and already the mods have begun!! I respect you gusto to start tearing into your new Maverick!! I'm sure that there are a few who gasped as soon as you pulled out the first tool, certainly not for the faint of heart! 🤣 I'm looking forward to see more from you!

jeffdeq

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Platinum Energi, 2020 F150 King Ranch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well guys. It's not as simple as I was hoping.

Thanks for the video. I answers my question about upper and lower bumper sections.
Ford Maverick DIY how-to remove Ford emblem, grille and front bumper cover from 2022 Maverick 7BD243A4-DE3B-4F40-A2B4-D7626E18DB55

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One question I don’t see anyone asking, I’m shocked to say the least.

Now that you’ve exposed the backside of the rear tow hook area, can tow hooks easily be added and the plastic section of the bumper cut out?

Great videos by the way. I’ll be doing none of this but I love watching how it’s done. And as someone else mentioned…..where’s the Beef!?!

Sponsored

jeffdeq

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Platinum Energi, 2020 F150 King Ranch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Now that you’ve exposed the backside of the rear tow hook area, can tow hooks easily be added and the plastic section of the bumper cut out?

Great videos by the way. I’ll be doing none of this but I love watching how it’s done. And as someone else mentioned…..where’s the Beef!?!
Yes, good question.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I have the same question. I'd spring for a new lower bumper so it looked correct with tow hooks, though. That's the one thing I don't like about the style, the lower part of the front bumper looks like you cheaped out on the options and didn't get fog lights, when in reality they aren't offered.

OP
OP
Mrboom_5.0

Mrboom_5.0

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
So did you find lights that fit the maverick? any link?

Everything I'm doing, is what I do for a living. I'm modifying all the OEM parts.

OP
OP
Mrboom_5.0

Mrboom_5.0

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
So Ford say this is the truck for the DIY’r and makes it stupid difficult to change the emblem. Lol. I believe that entire front end could have been designed with way less screws. I think if I decide to do this when my truck arrives I’ll be using 22Mav’s method.

It's really not that difficult. 15 minutes to pop it off isn't that bad.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Everything I'm doing, is what I do for a living. I'm modifying all the OEM parts.
Do u think the non signature lights can get upgraded DRL bulbs so they look better ?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.