First Name
Stanton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would appreciate someone with the know how to remove the painted fuel door cover on a hybrid to tell me how to do it. Perhaps someone with access to Ford service manuals could chime in. I want to remove to service the door's locking pin.

It's probably pretty simple if you know how to do it. It's not like the Powerboost which has a similar locking pin. Thanks.
Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
EDIT: Nevermind. I totally missed that you were looking for the hybrid. My bad......

I don't know if this will help but here is a link to a service manual. I've had it for awhile but it's over 1500 pages and most of it goes over my head. If you decide to download it I would suggest starting your search with "Fuel Filler" instead of "Fuel Door".

I tried uploading this directly through the forum but the file is to large so here is a link to my Google drive.

Last edited:
OP
OP
oneinch

oneinch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stanton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know if this will help but here is a link to a service manual.
I think this answered my question. I'll confirm later. I think this cover comes off just like the F150. The only difference is that the Maverick has a sticker covering the release tab. I'll apply a little heat to this sticker and remove it. I think I feel the release tab below it.

The pin I want to check is plastic. The F150 Powerboost is plastic too. To the best of my knowledge Ford doesn't have a replacement part if this pin gets broken. You need to buy a new door. MegaOhm sells an aluminum replacement pin. I have one of these. It sure looks exactly like the pin on the Maverick. I want to confirm. If it is I'm replacing the plastic pin for an aluminum pin.

I buy my gas in Jersey. Jersey by law mandates full service only. The pump jockies aren't going to be careful not to break the pin. Owners have broke their pins off on the F150. I haven't heard this being a problem on the Maverick. Just being proactive.

Thank you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
oneinch

oneinch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stanton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Warranty, unless you broke it.
I wasn't inquiring on how to file a warranty claim. Your comment wasn't helpful. I did get your sarcasm though. Do you get mine?

Sponsored

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wasn't inquiring on how to file a warranty claim. Your comment wasn't helpful. I did get your sarcasm though. Do you get mine?
Rest assured I will no longer respond to any of your posts. Its sad you have a bug up your A$$. Hopefully you will damage your fuel filler door, doing such an idiotic fix to an item on the Maverick where there has not been any reports of failure of the locking pin.

OP
OP
oneinch

oneinch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stanton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Rest assured I will no longer respond to any of your posts. Its sad you have a bug up your A$$. Hopefully you will damage your fuel filler door, doing such an idiotic fix to an item on the Maverick where there has not been any reports of failure of the locking pin.
And your true self surfaces. Good to know.
Sponsored