Sponsored

Tremor Front bumper swap out with 2022 FX4 front bumper?

OP
OP

801Maverick801

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mines not an FX4 but I do have the 4k tow package. Not at all a direct swap. I made custom radiator mounts and swapped some parts from a Bronco Sport.

Stock
IMG_2601.jpeg

current
IMG_6206.jpeg
This looks insanely good. Nice work.
Sponsored

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mines not an FX4 but I do have the 4k tow package. Not at all a direct swap. I made custom radiator mounts and swapped some parts from a Bronco Sport.

Stock
IMG_2601.jpeg

current
IMG_6206.jpeg
Did you also have to replace the skid plate underneath?

I think it's only FX4 4k variants that are equipped with the dual part skid plate and the tremor bumper removes the need for the smaller portion up front. Why FORD thought it was a good idea to use that crap in the first place is beyond me.

Justin.23

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jjc-llc.com
Vehicle(s)
23 Lariat w/ BAP & 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Mine's not an FX4 so it did not come with a skid plate. My Maverick came equipped with the flimsy, underbody splash shield.

I used a Rival skid made for Bronco Sports.

Ford Maverick Tremor Front bumper swap out with 2022 FX4 front bumper? IMG-4735

Ecl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eli Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 hhr ss, 93 f250, 17 explorer platinum
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Stock
IMG_2601.jpeg

current
IMG_6206.jpeg

Any thought into making a post about how you did this? I also have the 4k tow package and like this look way better. Interest in what you did with the radiator and what bronco sport parts you used.

Sponsored

Justin.23

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jjc-llc.com
Vehicle(s)
23 Lariat w/ BAP & 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Any thought into making a post about how you did this? I also have the 4k tow package and like this look way better. Interest in what you did with the radiator and what bronco sport parts you used.
To start, I didnā€™t do any of this the right way, but there really isnā€™t one I guess. Hereā€™s some additional information though.

The Tremor panel alone is over $300 (PZ6Z-17626-MA). Thatā€™s usually where people stop asking questions, lol. There will be heavy cutting of the radiator support regardless as the Tremorā€™s rad support will not work with the 4k components; so I wouldnā€™t even waste the money on that assembly. The intercooler and radiator will need relocated back a bit and require custom mounting. Then thereā€™s the skid plate, OEM is over $500. I used a Rival made for non-Badlands Bronco Sport. The lower subframe sides need replaced with shorter ones. I used regular Bronco Sport parts for this when I really should have used parts for the Badlands, I didnā€™t realize they were different when I started this. However, even if I had used the proper parts for subframe sides, then the Rival skid plate would probably not have worked so Iā€™d of had to get a different skid plate..

Here are some pictures of the chaos:
Bronco Sport subframe vs Maverick
(Note these are from a Base BS, not a Badlands model like I should have used)
Ford Maverick Tremor Front bumper swap out with 2022 FX4 front bumper? IMG_4733

stock Mav parts
Ford Maverick Tremor Front bumper swap out with 2022 FX4 front bumper? IMG_4731

BS parts fitted
Ford Maverick Tremor Front bumper swap out with 2022 FX4 front bumper? IMG_4734

Hereā€™s before I started cutting the panel, you can see it clearly was not sitting right.
Ford Maverick Tremor Front bumper swap out with 2022 FX4 front bumper? IMG_4743

Ford Maverick Tremor Front bumper swap out with 2022 FX4 front bumper? IMG_4758

Rival Skid installed, you can see how the lower subframe sides of the Bronco Sport poke beyond the Tremor panel. You can also see where I cut too much of the panel. The proper parts from a Badlands BS or Tremor should not require any cutting of the panel. I wasnā€™t about to throw more parts at it so I decided to work with what I had.
Ford Maverick Tremor Front bumper swap out with 2022 FX4 front bumper? IMG_5465

Ford Maverick Tremor Front bumper swap out with 2022 FX4 front bumper? IMG_5102

Ford Maverick Tremor Front bumper swap out with 2022 FX4 front bumper? IMG_5101

Ultimately, I hacked a lot of this together. Once I realized I had the wrong lower subframe parts it was too late as I had already cut up too much of the Tremor panel. So itā€™s a little unsightly in that regard. My main goal for this was to simply get the Tremor panel on well enough to design fog light solutions for the Tremor. I already did so for regular and FX4 Mavs, didnā€™t want to leave Tremor owners in the dark šŸ˜‰

Ford Maverick Tremor Front bumper swap out with 2022 FX4 front bumper? IMG_5888

Brett3550

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To start, I didnā€™t do any of this the right way, but there really isnā€™t one I guess. Hereā€™s some additional information though.

The Tremor panel alone is over $300 (PZ6Z-17626-MA). Thatā€™s usually where people stop asking questions, lol. There will be heavy cutting of the radiator support regardless as the Tremorā€™s rad support will not work with the 4k components; so I wouldnā€™t even waste the money on that assembly. The intercooler and radiator will need relocated back a bit and require custom mounting. Then thereā€™s the skid plate, OEM is over $500. I used a Rival made for non-Badlands Bronco Sport. The lower subframe sides need replaced with shorter ones. I used regular Bronco Sport parts for this when I really should have used parts for the Badlands, I didnā€™t realize they were different when I started this. However, even if I had used the proper parts for subframe sides, then the Rival skid plate would probably not have worked so Iā€™d of had to get a different skid plate..

IMG_4733.jpeg

stock Mav parts
IMG_4731.jpeg

BS parts fitted
IMG_4734.jpeg

Hereā€™s before I started cutting the panel, you can see it clearly was not sitting right.
IMG_4743.jpeg

IMG_4758.jpeg

Rival Skid installed, you can see how the lower subframe sides of the Bronco Sport poke beyond the Tremor panel. You can also see where I cut too much of the panel. The proper parts from a Badlands BS or Tremor should not require any cutting of the panel. I wasnā€™t about to throw more parts at it so I decided to work with what I had.
IMG_5465.jpeg

IMG_5102.jpeg

IMG_5101.jpeg

Ultimately, I hacked a lot of this together. Once I realized I had the wrong lower subframe parts it was too late as I had already cut up too much of the Tremor panel. So itā€™s a little unsightly in that regard. My main goal for this was to simply get the Tremor panel on well enough to design fog light solutions for the Tremor. I already did so for regular and FX4 Mavs, didnā€™t want to leave Tremor owners in the dark šŸ˜‰

IMG_5888.jpeg
Beautiful truck Justin and fantastic work!

RIVAL 4x4

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Engine
Undecided

IMG_4733.jpeg

stock Mav parts
IMG_4731.jpeg

BS parts fitted
IMG_4734.jpeg

IMG_4743.jpeg

IMG_4758.jpeg

IMG_5465.jpeg

IMG_5102.jpeg

IMG_5101.jpeg

IMG_5888.jpeg
Just joined the Forum and found this project. It's amazingly done, really great RnD.

Seems like we will now need to find someone with Tremor locally in Houston to measure it ourselves.