First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are you interested in selling me one with no holes drilled for switches? Does it have a cover on the back to keep water out of the electrics? I definitely want one.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CWildman

CWildman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you interested in selling me one with no holes drilled for switches? Does it have a cover on the back to keep water out of the electrics? I definitely want one.

Sure Iā€™d sell you one without the holes. Yes, I do have a cover attached to the back to protect the wiring. The back cover is designed to fit these four modules, and itā€™s roughly 3ā€x4ā€ and about 3.5ā€ deep. I canā€™t promise it would fit what youā€˜ve got in mind. What is the size of the device you plan on installing?

Also, Iā€™m switching to a different material (PETG), that should be much better in the heat (no warping). It wonā€™t be delivered for a week and then Iā€™ll need time to play with the printer settings. Would you be willing to wait a couple weeks?

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sure Iā€™d sell you one without the holes. Yes, I do have a cover attached to the back to protect the wiring. The back cover is designed to fit these four modules, and itā€™s roughly 3ā€x4ā€ and about 3.5ā€ deep. I canā€™t promise it would fit what youā€˜ve got in mind. What is the size of the device you plan on installing?

Also, Iā€™m switching to a different material (PETG), that should be much better in the heat (no warping). It wonā€™t be delivered for a week and then Iā€™ll need time to play with the printer settings. Would you be willing to wait a couple weeks?
I will send you a PM.

AncientMan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid XLT Cactus Grey, 23 Hybrid XLT Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Splice it in to what?
Iā€™m getting the optional ā€œFlux Capacitorā€ on my next Maverick, it probably has enough power for my use (and occasional time travel).

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Iā€™ve recently done what you might be referring to. I made some silly mistakes with my measurements and have purchased a new cubby for $45 from my local dealership.

Others with more skill than myself may be able to do this an easier way, but I had to get everything in place and wired together, push them all to the cubby, and then back through and secure after pulling back the fender liner.

I plan on posting a guide once Iā€™ve done this in a way I find satisfactory.
IMG_9990.jpeg
the ones I bought didn't have that face plate. Links?

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Happily. Though if mounting in the cubby as I attempted it limits where you can place it.

12V USB Outlet Socket Panel: (4... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B3WXS3GQ?
That's perfect, thanks! The ones I bought were "loosies" and didn't have the face plate.

I hadn't given it much thought since my bed accessory wires turned out to be DOA. No point in installing outlets if there's no juice so the project has just been sitting.

Joester

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Coachmen 220RK, 2016 Buick Encore, 2022 Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Only thing I would reconsider is to invert the door so closed is down. Use the magnets to hold it open.
Looks good!

BAScott62

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only thing I would reconsider is to invert the door so closed is down. Use the magnets to hold it open.
Looks good!
I think the OP was facing another 'geometry' issue there, as I recall the cubby has a void below the plate but not above.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CWildman

CWildman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks good!
I would prefer this as well, but you can see the shape of the bed above the cubby prevents this. The door would only open a few inches, and then hit the bed. I like the thought though!

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
to the OP I sent you a PM
I would prefer this as well, but you can see the shape of the bed above the cubby prevents this. The door would only open a few inches, and then hit the bed. I like the thought though!
What about having it slide to the side?

thev8man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid XL, 2023 XLT Tremor
Engine
Undecided
Clubs

I got jealous of the 110V bed outlets in the luxury packages and Lariats. Hereā€™s a few pictures of my first prototype for a 12V bed outlet. Designed and 3D printed out of PLA. Wired with a in-line 20amp fuse to keep from drawing too much power on the thin 12V wires. I plan on using my power inverter, but being conscious of what I plug in to it. The back has a cover to protect from road spray. The voltmeter is a nice touch, keep from running the battery down. I do wish Ford wouldā€™ve kept these wires hot all the time (as I have my own switch), but this is better than nothing. Iā€™m not quite ready to tear into the wiring harness looking for power on my first (and likely last) brand new vehicle. The door is held up in place via magnets. Not totally water proof (although the outlets and gauge are designed for marine use), but should keep mulch/dirt out. It is two pieces, due to the size of my printer. The next iteration will likely be 1 piece.

IMG_0025.jpeg

IMG_0029.jpeg

IMG_0027.jpeg

IMG_9909.jpeg
Booyah šŸ‘ŠšŸ½ šŸ˜ šŸ‘šŸ½ šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø
Sponsored