First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is part of the luxury package, otherwise you can only get the one in the rear seat console. However, if you already have the inverter, how hard would it be to get the parts for the bed outlet and install them? What's in that spot in the bed if there is no outlet? Is it a blank removable panel or would you have to cut something?
Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is part of the luxury package, otherwise you can only get the one in the rear seat console.

However, if you already have the inverter, how hard would it be to get the parts for the bed outlet and install them?
In another post on this site it was confirmed that both outlets, the one in the Cab and the one in the Bed, are run off of the same 110V/400W inverter. Someone wanted to know if they could run 400 watts to both outlets at the same time. Answer is you can't.

So I am also interested in doing the same thing. Obtain the Bed Outlet parts and thread the wiring to the 110V/400W inverter which is I believe behind the rear seat.

If someone obtains a Maverick with the Bed outlet hopefully they can take pictures/video of how the Bed outlet wiring goes.

What's in that spot in the bed if there is no outlet? Is it a blank removable panel or would you have to cut something?
The picture below shows the blank removable plate covering the driver's left side of the bed.

The next picture is of a Lariat with the Lux Package behind the back seat. I think the inverter is the black box in the far right side between the gray pillar and the black plastic piece that has ventilation holes.

Ford Maverick 110 v Bed outlet. Panel in Bed - Left Side.JPG

Ford Maverick 110 v Bed outlet. Behind Back Seat Lariat LUX.JPG

Last edited:

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What's in that spot in the bed if there is no outlet? Is it a blank removable panel or would you have to cut something?
Depends on the trim. On an XL/XLT there's a blank plate. On a Lariat there's a second cubby.

OP
OP
Decayed

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks Huunvubu, that answers all my questions. I didn't think they would install two inverters so only being able to use 400 watts max makes perfect sense. If you need more, bring a generator or battery pack.

There is no doubt in my mind that adding the bed outlet panel would be fairly simple provided you can get the parts. What's behind the panel now? Looks like it's just a blank cover.

I see the round black cover you are referring to. Do you know what the square silver box above it is? Also, it looks like there is a small electric motor back there - could that be the motor for the lariat rear window?

Sorry for all the questions but you posted pictures of the two areas I was most curious about.;)

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes the window motor is center right of the latch for the seat.

Ford Maverick 110 v Bed outlet. motor

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see the round black cover you are referring to. Do you know what the square silver box above it is? Also, it looks like there is a small electric motor back there - could that be the motor for the lariat rear window?
The box on the driver's side is potentially the inverter. On the passenger side the "round cover" is the subwoofer and above it the amplifier since that's a Lariat w/ Luxury Package (you correctly identified the power rear window motor/regulator).

OP
OP
Decayed

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The box on the driver's side is potentially the inverter. On the passenger side the "round cover" is the subwoofer and above it the amplifier since that's a Lariat w/ Luxury Package (you correctly identified the power rear window motor/regulator).
Ah, ok, it's clearly a speaker. That makes so much more sense. Now I know where I can mount my subwoofer. :cool:

Is the inverter the barely-visible black box above that yellow cable?

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My XLT has the 110V rear console plug, and none of that stuff on the cab wall. I believe the inverter is mounted to the floor under the center console.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In another post on this site it was confirmed that both outlets, the one in the Cab and the one in the Bed, are run off of the same 110V/400W inverter. Someone wanted to know if they could run 400 watts to both outlets at the same time. Answer is you can't.

So I am also interested in doing the same thing. Obtain the Bed Outlet parts and thread the wiring to the 110V/400W inverter which is I believe behind the rear seat.

If someone obtains a Maverick with the Bed outlet hopefully they can take pictures/video of how the Bed outlet wiring goes.

The picture below shows the blank removable plate covering the driver's left side of the bed.

The next picture is of a Lariat with the Lux Package behind the back seat. I think the inverter is the black box in the far right side between the gray pillar and the black plastic piece that has ventilation holes.

Panel in Bed - Left Side.JPG

Behind Back Seat Lariat LUX.JPG
The inverter is on the floor between the two front seats under the console!!!
Ford Maverick 110 v Bed outlet. chrome_screenshot_Oct 19, 2023 11_28_51 PM CDT
Sponsored

Last edited: