First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What a great idea!! Should have came that way from the factory. Could you upload the modifications you did to a shared source. Together with the other guys find on $6 connectors great first mod project.

N2L

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What a great idea!! Should have came that way from the factory. Could you upload the modifications you did to a shared source. Together with the other guys find on $6 connectors great first mod project.
Can you send me a link to the $6 plug thread?

Also if anyone wants to print and sell me a few of these let me know. No printer access at the moment.

OP
OP
nunucello

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can you send me a link to the $6 plug thread?

Also if anyone wants to print and sell me a few of these let me know. No printer access at the moment.
I also used this connector :

Sponsored

OP
OP
nunucello

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have you tried printing the one posted to Thingiverse ? He also has a version with a hole prepped for drilling. Other folks don't have an issue with the clip snapping off.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Paid for half of a 3D printer with a friend, who thought it would be useful for his business. It is, and uses it almost non-stop. Hoped to just send him a link. I have played with the software ( super fun and FREE! ). But don’t have actual experience in this take on 3D world. Two decades with structural engineering 3D models actually makes design more confusing for me. The whole right hand verses left hand approach to 3D.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cigarette Lighter Socket 12V Splitter with Rocker Toggle Switch, Dual Quick Charge 3.0 Aluminum Metal 12 Volt USB Outlet with LED Voltmeter, Waterproof Cigarette Lighter Adapter Female Socket Plug DC
https://a.co/d/9KSN9Vh
Looking at this for its parts, should be the same sized hole for each component. Would start with the usb:/voltmeter and 12v plug for either side of bed. Then have the switch if I want to install bed lights.

Blacksmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Question regarding this pigtail connector. White wire (positive) has larger terminal (fit perfectly on the positive connector of the 12 V outlet). Black one has much smaller terminal. How to connect it to the large negative contact on the outlet? Cut and replace with the larger terminal?
Also my Ginsco 12V outlet has a fuse and a wire. As I understand it would be nice to use a fuse in this potentially wet place. How to connect it between the pigtail and the outlet?
Thanks in advance
Ford Maverick Bed Blanking Plate - 3D Printed for 12V Accessory Outlet IMG_20220908_092919

Last edited:

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Question regarding this pigtail connector. It has two wires. White wire (positive) has larger connector (fit perfectly on the positive connector of the 12 V outlet). Black one has much smaller connector. How to connect it to the large negative contact on the outlet?
Also my Ginsco 12V outlet has a fuse and a wire. As I understand it would be nice to use a fuse in this potentially wet place. How to connect it between the pigtail and the outlet?
Thanks in advance
IMG_20220908_092919.jpg
I would have to look at the color of the screws of the 110 plugs to tell for sure but I thought the bigger side is the negative?

Sponsored

Blacksmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
According to the description on the pigtail packaging black wire is negative.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nunucello

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Question regarding this pigtail connector. White wire (positive) has larger terminal (fit perfectly on the positive connector of the 12 V outlet). Black one has much smaller terminal. How to connect it to the large negative contact on the outlet? Cut and replace with the larger terminal?
Thanks in advance
IMG_20220908_092919.jpg
I removed the connectors from the Amazon wire harness and crimped to the wire harness which came with the 12V adaptor.

Ford Maverick Bed Blanking Plate - 3D Printed for 12V Accessory Outlet Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 7.59.03 PM

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wish this was around month ago I would have printed rather than using a cone bit on the factory cover that was nerve racking

twolane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
According to the description on the pigtail packaging black wire is negative.
Yes, black is usually negative, but if you're referring to the packaging of the item listed from Amazon, be careful as what you're doing isn't the intended purpose for speaker connectors.

As for the spade connectors, yes. You'll need to cut and replace the smaller connector with one that fits your socket.

As for the fuse, they are a good idea even though the circuit is fused at the fuse box.
You would need to cut one of the wires going to the socket (the positive one preferably) and add the fuse in line. Installing it in a place that's serviceable in case the fuse needs to be replaced would be something to keep in mind.
I would recommend connectors and heat shrink to help keep everything functional for the life of the truck.

Lederpboss

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost