Sponsored

Dim Infotainment Screen.... Possible Fix?

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just experienced this today and want to relay it to others to try.

If you're like me the screen is very dim during the day to the point that Google maps is barely usable in satellite mode.

I check my setting and it's as bright as possible.

But today I did something different. I turned down the brightness all the way and.... There was no change. But when I turned it back up the screen got bright!

It's so much brighter now than it was. Not sure what the cause was or if it's just a fluke with mine. But I've noticed mine seemed to keep being dimmer and dimmer over time but was always set the highest. Try it. See if it works for you.
Sponsored

Wizard

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 cactus grey Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you're like me the screen is very dim during the day to the point that Google maps is barely usable in satellite mode.

But today I did something different. I turned down the brightness all the way and.... There was no change. But when I turned it back up the screen got bright!

It's so much brighter now than it was. Not sure what the cause was or if it's just a fluke with mine. But I've noticed mine seemed to keep being dimmer and dimmer over time but was always set the highest. Try it. See if it works for you.
Thanks, I'm going to try that cause mine seems dark to me .

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
50% to 100% brightness is the same. don’t forget cluster brightness switch next to left knee also controls brightness.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Did not work for me.

I did the "turned down the brightness " which did no dimming until below the 50% mark then the display got dimmer until the "all the way down" mark.

Then I did the "turned it back up". The screen did brighten until it reached 50% when it stopped getting any brighter and the brightness was exactly the same as before even with the setting at 100%.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did not work for me.

I did the "turned down the brightness " which did no dimming until below the 50% mark then the display got dimmer until the "all the way down" mark.

Then I did the "turned it back up". The screen did brighten until it reached 50% when it stopped getting any brighter and the brightness was exactly the same as before even with the setting at 100%.
Did not work for me :( from 50-100% no brightness change.
That sucks. Yeah, mine didn't darken at all from 100% to 0%, and then got bright all the way up through the bar.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Did not work for me.

Hey! I can take a closer look into your dimming screen concerns if you would like. Can you send us a direct message with your VIN and the dealership name/location?

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey! I can take a closer look into your dimming screen concerns if you would like. Can you send us a direct message with your VIN and the dealership name/location?
There isn’t anything that can be done, it’s just the way it is.

FunctionSpec

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick HYBRID XLT LuxPkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can try connecting the Infotainment System to WiFi and turn on Automatic Updates. My screen used to be dim but once I connected the system to wifi, it one day just fixed itself. No idea if it did an automatic update but screen is not dim anymore.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, bad news on my end. Got in the Maverick today and again the screen looked really dim. Did this again, it did it again. But now the sun was out bright, and made the screen mid-day really tough to see. The fact it's aimed toward the center console AND downward, makes it already troublesome to see. The dim screen just makes it worse.

So, either it's resetting it darker every time, or I just did it on a cloudy day and didn't really do much to increase overall brightness.

You can try connecting the Infotainment System to WiFi and turn on Automatic Updates. My screen used to be dim but once I connected the system to wifi, it one day just fixed itself. No idea if it did an automatic update but screen is not dim anymore.
I'll try that today.

yamahaSHO

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 07 Jeep CRD, 04 S2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The screen on my wife's XLT is nearly worthless in the day. I lose focus on the road just trying to see it at times.

Ford Maverick Dim Infotainment Screen.... Possible Fix? 1000004378

I contrast to my Ranger, which is way better.

Ford Maverick Dim Infotainment Screen.... Possible Fix? 1000004416

Is the Sync 3 screen brighter? If so, I'd swap one in.

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There are multiple settings for the screen brightness. Make sure the instrument dimmer is set on the higher side as well as the settings in the menu. From the look in that photo, the instruments are very dim, which may be the problem. That is the setting above your left knee. The instrument brightness setting with the headlights off is different from when it senses darkeness and turns on the headlights.

Occasionally I see it glitch and it is too dim, but most of the time my non-sync 3 screen is more than bright enough for any amount of day brightness.

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Everything is full bright. Let's assume I am a little smarter.
Those cluster lights are not at full brightness. If the adjustment is full, then there is something wrong. Headlights in Auto mode? Not "On"? Take it to the dealer to sort out if nothing else suggested above helps. The instruments and the screen should be much brighter.
Sponsored