HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
While signing papers today the salesman was cruising through everything when I noticed my deposit wasn't listed anywhere. I asked about it and he had no idea it even existed. Upon return he said they would refund my card since the loan was already drawn up! Not sure if this is common, but it's something to watch for if you put one down.
Sponsored

bradFORD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While signing papers today the salesman was cruising through everything when I noticed my deposit wasn't listed anywhere. I asked about it and he had no idea it even existed. Upon return he said they would refund my card since the loan was already drawn up! Not sure if this is common, but it's something to watch for if you put one down.
That is not acceptable. Should have given you free oil changes

sacker12

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They are supposed to give you the option of having the deposit applied to the down payment of the vehicle. That's what happened when I purchased my Maverick back in October.

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mistakes are common, but you should have noticed when signing the loan amount?

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is not acceptable. Should have given you free oil changes
Since oil changes don't cost the dealership anything like what customers pay for them, I definitely wouldn't consider accepting that in lieu of my money that they held for how ever many months.

Sponsored

Xbbqpitmaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Seltos S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Our deposit is shown right in our order price sheet along with all the charges.

Wizard

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 cactus grey Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My dealership required a 500.00 deposit by check but they don't cash it.

Bret Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Precisely why asked for a receipt when I wrote an old fashioned paper check!

Deleted member 1370

I had the exact same thing happen but they cut me a check for the deposit and sent me a check in the mail the next day. Arrived to me in two days for the exact amount and that was it. They caught the error and called me about it even.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
I wouldn't worry too much about this.

Every dealership has a an accounting person whose sole job is to make sure the money adds up to the penny on every deal. If a mistake is made either by the F&I dept, service, a vendor or the manufacturer they will straighten it out. There is no money just floating. Overpaid or underpaid. If someone's deposit was overlooked at delivery, that bean counter will catch it.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess dealers handle this in different ways.

My deposit is listed in two places on the Buyer's Order I got when I placed my order.

In the handwritten part that agrees to give it back if I don't like the truck, they call it a "deposit."

But in the printed tabulation column they call it a "down payment" and deduct it from the remaining price owed at delivery.
Sponsored