Sponsored

DEMCO Towbar Baseplates are coming for Flat-Towing the Maverick Hybrid!

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Exciting Flat-Tow news!
I sent an email query to Demco as I knew they were planning on producing a Maverick Baseplate. I won't install Roadmaster Baseplates that call for the destruction of the lower Active Shutter System, and the Blue Ox Baseplates are very difficult to get a clean install so I haven't set my truck up yet.

Here is what I got:
"Good morning. I received your inquiry about the baseplate for the Ford Maverick. The fixtures for production are complete and the baseplate will be going into production. We are looking at approximately 3 weeks before we would have finished product ready to ship.

I have attached the owner’s manual for your reference. We do cut into the dam on each side of the shutter system. You can review our manual for reference.

The Baseplate number is 9519360 and it looks great to me, with the finished product looking a lot like the Roadmaster install, but with AS vanes left in place (save the piece that Ford removed). They just open the side of the assembly and the baseplate serves to replace the dam pieces that are cut out.

I asked about the pricing, but have not received a reply.

Ford Maverick DEMCO Towbar Baseplates are coming for Flat-Towing the Maverick Hybrid! DEMCO

Ford Maverick DEMCO Towbar Baseplates are coming for Flat-Towing the Maverick Hybrid! Demco2
Sponsored

OP
OP
BradnChristine

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Demco told me that the MSRP on the baseplates will be $665, and also told me that they make an adaptor so that I can use my Roadmaster Falcon 2 towbar with their baseplates.

KathyG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the info....

Kathy

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wish that had been available sooner! Looks like the best way to go on the Maverick!

OP
OP
BradnChristine

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wish that had been available sooner! Looks like the best way to go on the Maverick!
Still just says "Coming Soon" as of this morning... This week is the week that they told me they would be starting shipping. I pretty much check daily now (got in that daily check habit somewhere... :))
Ford Maverick DEMCO Towbar Baseplates are coming for Flat-Towing the Maverick Hybrid! 1691421691457

Sponsored

Rufus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great tip. I was planning on going with the Blue Ox since I plan to use the Aladdin Blue Ox Tow bar I use for my Fusion Energi. Now I will look at going this route. Thanks again.

OP
OP
BradnChristine

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great tip. I was planning on going with the Blue Ox since I plan to use the Aladdin Blue Ox Tow bar I use for my Fusion Energi. Now I will look at going this route. Thanks again.
I got an email directly from Demco yesterday. They are in stock and shipping. I'm waiting for eTrailer, who usually has a much better price than the manufacturer. But if you are in a hurry....
Ford Maverick DEMCO Towbar Baseplates are coming for Flat-Towing the Maverick Hybrid! 1692119185132

Rufus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got an email directly from Demco yesterday. They are in stock and shipping. I'm waiting for eTrailer, who usually has a much better price than the manufacturer. But if you are in a hurry....
1692119185132.png
i don't get delivery of my Mav until Oct so I can wait. eTrailer also has free shipping if i remeber correctly.

Rufus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Demco told me that the MSRP on the baseplates will be $665, and also told me that they make an adaptor so that I can use my Roadmaster Falcon 2 towbar with their baseplates.
FYI, they also have an adapter so i can use my Blue Ox Aladdin tow bar. ($123)

OP
OP
BradnChristine

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FYI, they also have an adapter so i can use my Blue Ox Aladdin tow bar. ($123)
DEMCO adaptors (for Roadmaster or Blue Ox) are about twice the price of the Roadmaster or Blue Ox adaptors INSTEAD of Demco.

I'll be using my Roadmaster Falcon 2 with the Roadmaster adaptor RM-034 for $55.31...The Demco adaptor is $100.50 (eTrailer pricing).

And you are right, free shipping at Etrailer over $99.

Sponsored

Rufus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
DEMCO adaptors (for Roadmaster or Blue Ox) are about twice the price of the Roadmaster or Blue Ox adaptors INSTEAD of Demco.

I'll be using my Roadmaster Falcon 2 with the Roadmaster adaptor RM-034 for $55.31...The Demco adaptor is $100.50 (eTrailer pricing).

And you are right, free shipping at Etrailer over $99.
I will check on the other adapters you suggested Again, thank you.

I "chatted" with eTrailer about the Demco baseplate. They told me they currently do not have an order placed for it yet. no idea when they will actually carry it. I will wait.

OP
OP
BradnChristine

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will check on the other adapters you suggested Again, thank you.

I "chatted" with eTrailer about the Demco baseplate. They told me they currently do not have an order placed for it yet. no idea when they will actually carry it. I will wait.
Me as well. Probably near a $200 savings when they get them in stock. I would like to get my Maverick set up ASAP, but my C-Max will continue to be my towed until I do and its value is still good with these climbing gas prices!.

Rufus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Me as well. Probably near a $200 savings when they get them in stock. I would like to get my Maverick set up ASAP, but my C-Max will continue to be my towed until I do and its value is still good with these climbing gas prices!.
Yup same here, currently towing my Fusion Energi.

Rufus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FYI, I emailed Kevin from Demco asking him to confirm that the operation of the Active Grill Shutters is NOT impacted by the "modification" to the air dam during installation of the base plate.

Had you asked them this question before?

OP
OP
BradnChristine

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FYI, I emailed Kevin from Demco asking him to confirm that the operation of the Active Grill Shutters is NOT impacted by the "modification" to the air dam during installation of the base plate.

Had you asked them this question before?
You can see the small cut out of the SIDE dams...outside the active shutter system. Picture 8 of the install. That is the most obtrusive part of the install, and as you can see, the active shutters remain functional.

Ford Maverick DEMCO Towbar Baseplates are coming for Flat-Towing the Maverick Hybrid! Demco2
Sponsored